Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Stingray said:

Sigh...... So much anger on here. But all you can do is ...Sigh. 5 years ago this forum was screaming for vision, establishing an identity, etc.

We did fuck all. Indeed, Pep is right. Chelsea needs a new vision, and many players to go about that vision. We have some great players, but they get sucked down into mediocrity.

Fucking shit. I hate it.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

For me, even 3/4 years ago there was some more hope though, despite lower finishes. We had some of the most exciting youngsters in the world to come into the team. We had a lot of players from Belgium who had the potential to grow together and develop a real understanding. The canvas was wide open to establish a philosophy, a vision as you say, and a real an identity for Chelsea in the next 10 years.

Sadly, all of the potential the team had was given to a man who took a wrecking ball to all of it, Mourinho. Destroyed it all in a short space of time for a solitary title; was it worth it? Personally, I would have rathered finishing 3rd as we did in 2013 knowing that we were truly trying to build something special. We have been left with a shell of a team, devoid of the hope it had in abundance in 2013. 

So because of what's happened, I've turned more pessimistic. More people seem to have done the same. Maybe it's more realistic, I don't know. What I do know is that this team has been left in a sorry state and I don't see how we're going to get out it.