Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea

Jase

Worst Player of the Match  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Worst Player of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Ivanovic
    • Cahill
    • Luiz
    • Azpilicueta
    • Matic
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Alonso (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Of course not.

but this is hardly on the manager at this time... He's doing what every fucking manager does when starting a new job: play the established staring xi.. At least initially.

however, the lack of aggression and ball watching STARTING from the frontline (except Costa) has little to do with the manager that's just players not pulling their weight.

yes the midfield was also overrun because the tracking players did not do a good job harassing arsenals defense line. Arsenal attacked us with too many players... 

I never liked Cahill as a player, but at his moment we just can't play him because we start the games losing with him on the pitch.

and yet conte does not have many options in the back line... Some of us have been warning about it during the very lackluster transfer window.

I dont agree at all. Matic was sitting on the bench last season, while Fabregas was playing Game after game. He is not playing the estabilished starting XI, and you do that when you are arriving in the mid season. Again the problem is not his starting XI, is how the team is playing. 

Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, we probably had a solid game plan and plenty of confidence and then Cahill puts a goal on a plate for Alexis and we (exactly like last season) just imploded and gave up after conceding.

Arsenal, from a quality of personnel perspective, aren't that much better than us. We have the players that should be good enough for 4th but so many of them simply go missing. All of our supposed top class players bar Costa is performing. Hazard and Willian should be embarrased with themselves. They've been unbelievably poor.

5 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I dont agree at all. Matic was sitting on the bench last season, while Fabregas was playing Game after game. He is not playing the estabilished starting XI, and you do that when you are arriving in the mid season. Again the problem is not his starting XI, is how the team is playing. 

And yet were the results any different?! Are we aiming for 10th place again by chance?!

To your point, the players determine the characteristics of the how. You can't ask fabregas to be a dinamic kante the same way you can't ask Cahill to move up and join the middle.

Players have their own characteristics and having a small squad drives the manager to a particular style of play.

e.g. How do you move the defense line up with slow defenders?

Big rant incoming, this is the only place I can unleash my frustration without hurting people in the pub. 
-Courtois is awful, no communication, never comes out, always indecisive. 
-Azpilicueta is a RB and has been for his whole Chelsea career, he is right footed and weak with his left, yet for some unknown reason, managers decide to play him on the left where he can't cross, look tonight when he went on the right, he made 3 good crosses.
-Cahill is so low on confidence, I feel for him, I rate him but he needs JT next to him to organise. Put yourself in Cahill's shoes, you have a keeper that doesn't talk behind you and a cunt of a RB next to you that is always out of position and plays stupid passes to you. The mistake was a shocker but could have been avoided.
-Luiz can't defend, we knew that before selling him and knew it before signing him again.
-Ivanovic I can't even describe via words, He's embarrassing and must have a contract that makes managers play him. Cos he's wank.
-Kante isn't a CDM, he's not tall enough to win headers and too deep to pressure people. He should be playing CM as a box to box player allowing him to tackle higher up the pitch.
-Matic, what the fuck happened to this guy? was arguably are best player in 2014/15 now offers nothing. He should be where Kante is, holding player that tackles and passes short. Not running forward dribbling. Awful.
-Fabregas was OK, Was in genuine shock for 5 minutes when substituted. Actually took us forward with passes which Matic couldn't supply when he went off.
-Willian invisible, same with Hazard.
-Costa only good thing, didn't lose the ball and held it up well. Had no support and was fouled 6 times without a card being shown. Held his cool as well.

Sorry for all the text by so frustrated, I'm not expert and I don't claim to be, but some things tonight I could Identify. 4141 doesn't work. Ivanovic shouldn't be at Chelsea never mind starting. Dave isn't a LB. We needed to go 2 up top at HT yet Conte waits until 70 minutes to bring Michy on. No subs were made at half time, the formation didn't change until the end. We went 5 at the back when 3 0 down? Why were we so deep? We set up soo defensively that Arsenal couldn't have lost. The creativity they have opens up teams that sit back every week. The best way to beat Arsenal is to play a high line and attack them, Conte set this game up to lose. Embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Atomichazza said:

And people that voted Cahill as worse players over Ivanovic need to watch the match again.

I have to disagree.

as bad as ivanovic was, and he was, goals change games and cahill's gift made a difficult game a hell lot more difficult.

wasnt good enough in the second staying too far away form the player as sometimes he does. He seems to only tackle/show aggression inside the box.

Just now, Robguima said:

I have to disagree.

as bad as ivanovic was, and he was, goals change games and cahill's gift made a difficult game a hell lot more difficult.

wasnt good enough in the second staying too far away form the player as sometimes he does. He seems to only tackle/show aggression inside the box.

But who caused Cahill's mistake? Ivanovic that's who, same against Swansea, plays a stupid pass when under no pressure, could just hoof it long but plays short, turns away and doesn't track once he see's the mistake. Putting Cahill under pressure on his weaker foot against a pacey striker. Basic common sense, and the fact it's identical to the one against Swansea makes it worse.

3 minutes ago, Atomichazza said:

But who caused Cahill's mistake? Ivanovic that's who, same against Swansea, plays a stupid pass when under no pressure, could just hoof it long but plays short, turns away and doesn't track once he see's the mistake. Putting Cahill under pressure on his weaker foot against a pacey striker. Basic common sense, and the fact it's identical to the one against Swansea makes it worse.

Completely disagree.

if Cahill needs that much time on the ball then he simply isn't good enough at this level.

didnt his body language after the mistake tell you all you needed to know?! He did not complain or open his arms to Iva complaining about the back pass (it was fine) he just realized immediately it was on him.

Just now, Robguima said:

Completely disagree.

if Cahill needs that much time on the ball then he simply isn't good enough at this level.

didnt his body language after the mistake tell you all you needed to know?! He did not complain or open his arm to Iva complaining about the back pass (it was fine) he just realized immediately it was on him.

If Ivanovic knows which he should that Cahill is bad with his feet then he shouldn't pass to him simples. Cahill is a blocker, he throws his body about and is good in the air. Not a passer or dribbler. If you watch Chelsea most weeks you'll notice that no one complains to Ivanovic, I've never seen it, not even JT does. It might be his personality or they don't get on. I'm not denying Cahill made a mistake but if we had Dave at RB the goal against Swansea and tonight's wouldn't have happened I guarantee it. Notice how Cahill and Luiz were good back in the days of Bayern in the Champions League final when Ivanovic wasn't present. Now all of a sudden they are always covering him, and unorganised. People jump on the Gary Cahill hate bandwagon to quickly, he's been a good servant to Chelsea.