Marco Verratti

Unionjack

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can he and Kante play in a midfield together? They are both really short. Add that to the fact that half our team is under 6'0 I think if we want to replace Magic, we need a taller CM mind that Veratti 

On 06/02/2017 at 8:09 PM, Chelsea? said:

Can he and Kante play in a midfield together? They are both really short. Add that to the fact that half our team is under 6'0 I think if we want to replace Magic, we need a taller CM mind that Veratti 

I think David is basically a deep pocket CM cross CB hybrid.

He takes over the Cescy role and is the main guy to get the ball upfield to AMFs and WBs. He makes far less short passes than his other CBs but makes far more long range passes than them. So hes basically our main creativity.

On 2017. 02. 06. at 9:09 PM, Chelsea? said:

That's what I was thinking as well. Azpilicueta is not very tall for a CB, Moses, Pedro, Hazard and Kante are small guys. Replacing Matic with Verratti would leave us with 6 players under 180 cm out of 10(not counting Courtois). I'd rather sign Fabinho os N'zonzi.

12 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Yeah, propablyhalf match overreaction but he looks like top 10 player in the world so far :) 

He is the best midfield player in the world after Modric...I always hated his antics when he played against us..But this guy would be a dream  signing...Shame that PSG will not sell him for any price

He is worldclass at everything...passing ,vision , defensive workrate and dribbling 

On 08/01/2017 at 2:03 PM, Leif said:

I'd honestly much sooner buy Matuidi. I understand we need someone who can control the game like when Fabregas plays, but, Verratti assists a lot less than the average playmaker, and I don't think his defensive contribution he's making in France would transfer over here. So we'd get a tidy passer, for 70m. Stupid.

Instead, get another creative forward to flank Costa, and this guy will have the responsibility to hit those precise passes like Fabregas does, and pair our 2 destroyers, Matuidi - Kante in the centre, giving us without doubt the strongest midfield duo in the league. With Verratti - Kante as the combo, we would not have the clear #1 midfield duo. It'd be argued they're too weak, too short, too slow. 2 out of those 3 weaknesses become strengths with Matuidi. I know that I for one want our own version of Yaya Toure, and that's what he'd bring. Plus, we'd still have around 40m leftover this way to combine with the sale of Mikel, giving us around 65m for whoever we want up front, from Sanchez, to Dybala, to Martial (would be random, but i'm just saying.), to Griezmann. 

The alternative is, spunking loads on this player, which is much more of a gamble than my proposed route, and having to be conservative yet again with whoever we bring in as reinforcement upfront. Probably Callejon this time.

I want the best team around, not the best individuals.

A reminder that someone would actually rather buy Matuidi than Verratti. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You