Marco Verratti

Unionjack

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd win the title by 8-10 points if we signed Verratti assuming Hazard and Costa remain fit.

If only he didn't already play for a super-rich club. It would be relatively easy to sign him then. PSG have no reason to sell unless he makes it clear he wants to leave like David Luiz did.

id throw every cent of the Oscar money at him. He and Kante could lock down our midfield for years and years. We'd have probably the best midfield in the world after Madrid. Maybe better under Conte because we'd have more steel.

The important thing is allowing for tactical freedom. Our current system has yielded in 10 straight wins, but we have had difficulties replicating the first 5 games from that run. We struggled with WBA and Spurs, should have lost against City and even though we were the better team we could have easily drawn against Boro and Sunderland. 
My point here is that teams have learned to adapt, we are relying more and more on individuals when we get countered, and that such a tactic gets heavily punished when the inevitable injuries kick in.

The solution here is two-fold. First we need to have more tactical options. Whether it is playing three in the middle, four in the back or whatever doesnt matter, key is that we have the capability both in terms of understanding, but also in terms of players, to effortlessly switch formation mid-game. This way, we become more unpredictable, and gain another element of surprise against other teams. Second, by buying better players, we have more players to rely on when we do get countered regardless. Having Hazard, Costa or Fabregas to provide that extra magic is great, but a combination on a quiet game and injuries can quickly deprive us of that tool. 

Buying Veratti would offer a solution in both arenas. We could rely on better passing in the middle, tweak or formation and tactic to suit him while also knowing he can produce some magic when necessary. That being said, he is a very emotional player. We could splash the cash only to find out he is ruining our harmony. 
Honestly, at this point the absolute key is that the reinforcement is picked by Conte. I would love Keita, Tolisso, Weigl, Koke and many others, but we need to avoid a Shevshenko situation. 

Verratti controls the tempo of a game, but never, ever, does he open up defences or loop the ball over their head into the path of a teammate to put them through on goal. That is what Fabregas does, and that's what we'll be wanting from our next playmaker the moment he's gone. We don't need Verratti whatsoever, because we don't play a style of football where we try to dominate and control possession, this isn't the league for that. He is not made for this league at all. What we need is someone like Xabi Alonso, Banega when he's actually on form, i'm not sure who else to add to this shitty list because players like Fabregas are so rare. 

*Ok, some players who would bring to us what we need, which is splitting open tight defences; De Bruyne, Iniesta, perhaps Pjanic, Oliver Torres who i've been championing since before his first pro appearance; incredible player; Thiago (best playmaker this year), Modric.

All of these players do that 1 thing Verratti does not.

24 minutes ago, Rekin said:

That being said, he is a very emotional player. We could splash the cash only to find out he is ruining our harmony.

He sure is a very emotional player, but so is costa. If conte can do what he did with costa for verrati as well, he would be absolutely brilliant.

31 minutes ago, Leif said:

Verratti controls the tempo of a game, but never, ever, does he open up defences or loop the ball over their head into the path of a teammate to put them through on goal. That is what Fabregas does, and that's what we'll be wanting from our next playmaker the moment he's gone. We don't need Verratti whatsoever, because we don't play a style of football where we try to dominate and control possession, this isn't the league for that. He is not made for this league at all. What we need is someone like Xabi Alonso, Banega when he's actually on form, i'm not sure who else to add to this shitty list because players like Fabregas are so rare. 

*Ok, some players who would bring to us what we need, which is splitting open tight defences; De Bruyne, Iniesta, perhaps Pjanic, Oliver Torres who i've been championing since before his first pro appearance; incredible player; Thiago (best playmaker this year), Modric.

Lol he is actualy more than capable of splitting defences with pass. Thing is that Psg plays certain way, trying to control the game, play slow tempo and they are not as direct as we are. And he is in bit worse form this season. His style differs alot between french and european games. In ligue 1, he is more of playmaker, slower tempo, while in europe he likes to make quick pass to create chance. 

He needs to learn about tactics, but then again he is 24, he will hit prime around age 28/30 IMO and Conte would be perfect to train him. 

As goes for his character, its one of his best atributes because he is a warrior and you dont see that in fancy midfielders today.

Must sign.

He doesn't add goals but he will help us take control of the midfield battle, he is an exquisite passer of the ball and tenacious enough to win the ball back.  I refuse to believe we're actually in for him because its too perfect.

We need elite level passers to break down packed defenses, Verratti and Fab would provide us with skeleton keys to unlock any defense.

Flipping Oscar into Verratti is something I'd never in my wildest imagination every thought was possible... Is it????

49 minutes ago, Leif said:

What??? Have you seen him play???

Verratti is very good but I wonder if he is a fit for us. Isn't he too short for the team? We already have Kanté, Hazard and Pedro who are all really really short and there's Azpilicueta and Moses who didn't reach 180cm either. Matic's headers are important at corners and free kicks. Verratti is obviously better than him but with Kanté and Verratti in the midfield wouldn't we have a serious lack of tall and strong players? It  would be annoying to concede goals from corners all the time.

7 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

What??? Have you seen him play???

Just fantastic build up play, always moving and making himself available.  He will need to learn to withstand the physical abuse he'll get in England, but this is a dream signing for me.

Griezmann, Dybala, Verratti.  In any order.

12 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea make Marco Verratti their top January target but Paris Saint-Germain want more than £30m

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4040576/Chelsea-make-PSG-s-Marco-Verratti-January-target.html#ixzz4T0JEpXLL 

No $h!t they're going to want more than £30M.  That article can't be serious, there's no way we'd low ball that badly.  I know that's what we've been doing lately, but 30 is taking the piss.

17 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Just fantastic build up play, always moving and making himself available.  He will need to learn to withstand the physical abuse he'll get in England, but this is a dream signing for me.

Griezmann, Dybala, Verratti.  In any order.

Why would you sign Griezmann and Dybala?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You