Emanuele Giaccherini

2 minutes ago, bellion said:

Don't you think there current squad already has enough so-called "squadies" in place?  Let's address the absolute huge gaps in the first team before we worry about squadies eh?

No I think the depth and the first team has got major holes, some of the players starting i think won't fit into Conte's plans even as squad player's, both aspects need sorting.

I'm sure there is enough people behind the scenes to deal with all the nessesery transfers.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

No I think the depth and the first team has got major holes, some of the players starting i think won't fit into Conte's plans even as squad player's, both aspects need sorting.

I'm sure there is enough people behind the scenes to deal with all the nessesery transfers.

Giaccherini is mere agent talk and I sincerely hope it remains that way.

Which are the players you believe aren't good enough for Conte's squad?

Unlike you, I have serious doubts regarding the Board in addressing said gaps this summer.  What gives you that faith and hope that the Board will pull off anything worthwhile?

45 minutes ago, bellion said:

Giaccherini is mere agent talk and I sincerely hope it remains that way.

Which are the players you believe aren't good enough for Conte's squad?

Unlike you, I have serious doubts regarding the Board in addressing said gaps this summer.  What gives you that faith and hope that the Board will pull off anything worthwhile?

Mikel, Cahill, Ivanovic the main culprits.

And because when we have seriously needed to have a good.window, we have done, 2012, 2014 two main examples, although I will give, we do tend to rest on our laurels after a league win, which I don't like.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Mikel, Cahill, Ivanovic the main culprits.

And because when we have seriously needed to have a good.window, we have done, 2012, 2014 two main examples, although I will give, we do tend to rest on our laurels after a league win, which I don't like.

That remains to be seen regarding the moving out of said players.  However, I am alarmed by the club's obsession with the bottom line in recent years and thus I do not expect to see he Board making moves like they did in the past.  The TOP priority is to buy first team players for central defense, central midfield and centre forward positions.  This emanuele fellow can go blazes for all I care, it's just his agent drumming up support fora quick sale.  I would rather a youth player make the step up for squad roles.

The reactions in this thread are amusing.

He'd likely be a relatively cheap, low-risk buy. He can play basically anywhere on the field too, so he would be a great rotation option. He's one of Conte's favorite players, he works hard and Conte knows exactly how to use him, so who the fuck cares. You lot would have looked at any player on that Leicester team before the start of last season and had the exact same reaction, and now you're practically creaming yourself at the slightest notion of getting one of those same players. It's not all about big names guys, the sooner you realize this the better. Average player can look world class in the right system, although he is actually average. Leicester players are the best example of this. A real world class player can look awful in the wrong system, for example Di Maria at United. Nine times out of ten, the system improves the player more than an individual player will improve a system, so if he fits Conte's scheme I see no issue.

I find it especially funny when we are already struggling so heavily for realistic transfer targets. Italian fans had similar reactions to Conte's picks going into the tournament and now they're fawning over what a great team he's developed. It's not a coincidence, it seems like he has a very good sense of the players he can use and develop well. The collective boner for superstars in Chelsea, and more broadly in the league has, in my opinion, been one of the culprits in the decline in comparative competitive quality with the other major leagues. The top-tier PL teams remind me very much of the Belgian national team at the Euros. Lots of incredible big name talent with little-to-no team cohesion and chemistry. It's also reminiscent of that Sunderland team this year. They actually had a decent level of quality in that squad and underperformed because they weren't playing as a team. I think this is exactly the type of squad player we could use if he performs.

I have had my share of cheap and so-called low risk buys since last summer.  And what's the bullsh&te about Conte wanting this character? It's all agent talk, the only player that Conte wants and we know it is Nainggolan and look how that has ended.

Chelsea aren't Leicester and no sane Football fan expects Leicester to repeat a title win or even be close to it.  

3 hours ago, Melanicus said:

The reactions in this thread are amusing.

He'd likely be a relatively cheap, low-risk buy. He can play basically anywhere on the field too, so he would be a great rotation option. He's one of Conte's favorite players, he works hard and Conte knows exactly how to use him, so who the fuck cares. You lot would have looked at any player on that Leicester team before the start of last season and had the exact same reaction, and now you're practically creaming yourself at the slightest notion of getting one of those same players. It's not all about big names guys, the sooner you realize this the better. Average player can look world class in the right system, although he is actually average. Leicester players are the best example of this. A real world class player can look awful in the wrong system, for example Di Maria at United. Nine times out of ten, the system improves the player more than an individual player will improve a system, so if he fits Conte's scheme I see no issue.

I find it especially funny when we are already struggling so heavily for realistic transfer targets. Italian fans had similar reactions to Conte's picks going into the tournament and now they're fawning over what a great team he's developed. It's not a coincidence, it seems like he has a very good sense of the players he can use and develop well. The collective boner for superstars in Chelsea, and more broadly in the league has, in my opinion, been one of the culprits in the decline in comparative competitive quality with the other major leagues. The top-tier PL teams remind me very much of the Belgian national team at the Euros. Lots of incredible big name talent with little-to-no team cohesion and chemistry. It's also reminiscent of that Sunderland team this year. They actually had a decent level of quality in that squad and underperformed because they weren't playing as a team. I think this is exactly the type of squad player we could use if he performs.

I thought Sunderland played really well in the second half of the season and were unlucky not to be out of relegation shit well before second last game, they were outplaying almost everyone but kept drawing, Big Sam has got them playing as a team, something they haven't really done since the first season of Bruce.

They won't be in relegation trouble next season, Allardyce is actually a genius at that level, he has even got Van Aanholt defending properly :lol:

On 18. 6. 2016 at 8:44 PM, Blue_Fox_ said:

Isn't that what i wrote though?

My comment was leaning more towards not signing him, while you implied to be keen on him :P (if not, my bad, thought you would take him under certain conditions)

On 19. 6. 2016 at 3:28 AM, Tomo said:

If hes going to be a starter, absolutely not.

Utility player? Unfortunately we can't sign Neymar to be Hazard's back up so that's when other aspects come into play.

He knows and suits Conte's style and management demands, won't complain about lack of minutes, he's not the best of players but we have had Jarosik, Del Horno, Turnbull, Bosignwa, Maniche, Smertin, Zhrikov, Cuadrado and Salah in title winning squads at Chelsea, is he any worse than them? That's before I mention the on paper average players Fergie used for squad roles, did I forget to mention John O Shea is one of the most decorated players in PL history ?

Sorry but did you have brainfart during this post ? :). All those players from Del Horno to Maniche were kinda flops and we would be better without them. Are you implying that just because we had those average players, we should now get more of them ? :D Winning squads we had were winning because of key starters, not these players. I would understand you would mention players like Beletti and point that Giacherrini would be useful in same way. But mentioning Turnbull, Jarosik and saying we should target similar players made me lol. I  mean it looks as if your post implying we should sign Marin type of players again? I mean even as utility player there is no way I want Cuadrado or Bosingwa or Turnbull on bench haha.

There are Hazards, then players like Mahrez or Boufal etc then there are Giacherrinis. We should get no where near the Marins, Turnbulls, Jarosiks etc because they are useful only for FA third round and we should rather play youth in that case. Giacherrini flopped in Sunderland, dont get me wrong, but thats a big no from me even if Conte will be our coach.

Right now we need players who are good enough for first 11. I know Neymars and Hazards are not available obviously, but come on, we can do much better than Giacherinni. At best he should be our 10th option if 9 other targets in that position reject us.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Spike said:

He is so bad he looped around into one of the best players of the Euro 16 tournament.

So did Nani. Not taking away his performances at euros, but its one of biggest gambles to rate player based on his few games for national team. It can pay off if its about young talent absolutely ripping it in tournament, but another with 30 year olds, who probably give 50percent more just because they play for home country.

Imagine, our rivals signing top class players and we sign...a Sunderland reject. :D

Luckily, there's no way we'd do this. I think Djilodildo, Falcao, and Pato are the worst we'll be seeing. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You