The Conte Thread

3 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Moses is not going for African cup of nations, Nigeria didn't qualify. But we have even Willian who is defensive enough to play that role. 

I hear we are recalling Kenedy from his Watford loan. So he can easily slot into that wing-back role as a sub for Alonso. The Kenedy recall is the only reason why I realized we don't need to delve into the market in january. 

We still need cover for both areas for me, i heard Lichtsteiner hasn't played much with Juve so maybe get him on a short 18 month contract with Kenedy returning for the left to back up Moses and Alonso. Tbh i am not convinced atall by Kenedy but i guess the six month can be served as a trail.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Weren't you the one who insisted Kenedy can be great as a LWB? :carlo:

Potentially as a left back if he develops correct i said which there is still a slight chance, but if i had to make a wager on how his career he will end up i would predict lower prem/upper championship.

Kenedy at his best will reach the heights Pedro did at Barcelona I think. Which is being a really, really solid, proper player, but never an absolute elite of his time. He's too all-rounded, good at too many things. A jack of all trades but a master of none. No 1 obvious strength, so no consistency will come in terms of his fruition, because he offers too much to be stuck in 1 role. I hope he becomes a forward and not a defender. 

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Weren't you the one who insisted Kenedy can be great as a LWB? :carlo:

Some might titter but I wouldn't mind giving Oscar a try at RWB/ Hes a nippy bugga, fit as a butchers dog, IMHO his best strength is top end defending. Cant think who else unless we use Kante and put Matic with Chalobah.g

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

We still need cover for both areas for me, i heard Lichtsteiner hasn't played much with Juve so maybe get him on a short 18 month contract with Kenedy returning for the left to back up Moses and Alonso. Tbh i am not convinced atall by Kenedy but i guess the six month can be served as a trail.

I'm willing to give Kenedy a chance, he's played leftback for us a couple of times before, so the wing-back position should be easier for him. He has recovery speed too. 

The reason I am cautious during the January transfer window, it's hard to find quality buys. I don't want us to buy average Joes, unless suddenly a quality leftback becomes available we should plan for the summer instead. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

What did Pochettino tell Conte during that second half exchange? If he did something similar to what Mourinho did a couple of weeks ago, he can go f*ck himself! :rant:

It was! He was complainng about Conte's behaviour!

Few ex-players of our generations have gone on to be better coaches than Conte. I'll say Guardiola is one, Ancelotti is equal, but I can't see anyone else in the company of these 3. Saying that makes me thankful to have had 2 of them.