• Fabregas
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)

You should know if you live in America that most of the true opinions that are voiced are never in the stadium but outside. The talk shows, the papers and all that stuff.

There's too much emotions and herd like mentality in a stadium for people to voice their right opinions. They just go with what everyone else is doing.

First off, the whole stadium wasn't booing. It was a large amount, but clearly it's not a herd like mentality if you have groups of supporters applauding Costa and Fabregas as they went off. Or did you miss that?

Secondly, the fans at the stadium absolutely have a "true opinion." They've been watching this shit all season and have been brilliant, they have the right to blow off some steam. As FB said earlier they aren't robots.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking this through and I came to realize that it's Mourinho's fault. At least most of it. He clearly lost it at a certain point. He lost it. Things were going great, we won the league, we were good. But something happened. And I tend to put the blame on him because I remember most of the times when he made all of us look like pathetic fools by giving scandalous statements after we lost games. Remember how many times he blamed the referees, the opponents, the pundits, the players, basically everyone else but himself? Imagine if he's like that in the locker room too. Imagine if his tactics prove to be wrong, but he blames you, as a player, for everything. You can't just accept everything. At a certain point, things go too far. Just like Mourinho went too far with his press statements. And looking back at these two and a half seasons, one league title and one Capital One Cup don't seem to be enough. It just doesn't justify all the sacrifices that we made under him. We sacrificed the club's image, we sacrificed enjoyable football, we sacrificed a lot. I am sorry, but that's how I see things. He's good, but not THAT good.

But is it fair that Mourinho is acted like a king in all of this yet the only players who can get us out this situation are jeered? It would be a much better atmosphere if our players and fans are on par. The fans at the stadium are doing their best to neglect that.

mourinho was part of the problem.

the people/players (like you put it) "can physically get us out of this situation" are also the only ones who "physically put us" in this position. they played like they dont care about the fans, the club, the manager. so why should we as fans care what they feel?

as for how it helps, it helps by showing the players to not take us for granted. we dont expect messi like performances every match. we dont care if we win or even if we relegated, IF the players actually give their 100% for the club.

Thats a perfect world, and it aint like that. As I said there was blue fighting blue in the Shed Upper yesterday. If everyone went along with the same views on here, it would be as boring as fuck.The players had obviously underperformed save Willian, so emotions run high and fans not being robots, its understandable.

You were up there? What was that about, saw it from below in the lower section and a load of people standing up and doing wanker signs lol

mourinho was part of the problem.

the people/players (like you put it) "can physically get us out of this situation" are also the only ones who "physically put us" in this position. they played like they dont care about the fans, the club, the manager. so why should we as fans care what they feel?

as for how it helps, it helps by showing the players to not take us for granted. we dont expect messi like performances every match. we dont care if we win or even if we relegated, IF the players actually give their 100% for the club.

So why attend to promote a negative atmosphere then? Mourinho acted as if he did not care about the club tbh. ll the negative headlines he created, Carneiro and let's not forget it was Mourinho himself who criticised the fans so he is not this god like loyal person everyone thinks he is. If you are turning up to the match to jeer players, why don;t you just get tickets in the away end because they are not really supporting the team are they?

So why attend to promote a negative atmosphere then? Mourinho acted as if he did not care about the club tbh. ll the negative headlines he created, Carneiro and let's not forget it was Mourinho himself who criticised the fans so he is not this god like loyal person everyone thinks he is. If you are turning up to the match to jeer players, why don;t you just get tickets in the away end because they are not really supporting the team are they?

You just havent got a clue about support at matches works

You just havent got a clue about support at matches works

Erm, piss off. I don't want to be rude but don't tell me I don't know how support works. I go to matches on a regular and I will be there on Saturday to listen to the ridiculous boos of our own players and constant worshipping of the God Mourinho. I think I do no how support works. You support your team, not boo them when they are playing or receive the ball. Allegiance to the man and not a club. Do not condone it.

because fans actually care about the club. unlike some of the players. no matter what their problems were with jose, they had no right to go on the pitch and put in those half-hearted performances. and they had every right to boo the players like cesc and costa.

as for jose, he critisized the fans when we rightly were poor. a lot of us last season or so said that the support was poor. there were even threads about it. jose also praised the fans for what they did this season. so including this in the argument is just a no-go for me.

yes, he made mistakes with eva, the pathetic team selection, his favouritism. no one is disputing that. but for the players to play the way they did and acted and have absolutely no repurcusions will be simply pathetic.

like i asked in one of my previous posts, what if next season they dont want that manager too, what then. they can again put in half hearted performances, put the club in a pitiful situation until the management decides to throw them out? sorry, simply not how things should be.

Erm, piss off. I don't want to be rude but don't tell me I don't know how support works. I go to matches on a regular and I will be there on Saturday to listen to the ridiculous boos of our own players and constant worshipping of the God Mourinho. I think I do no how support works. You support your team, not boo them when they are playing or receive the ball. Allegiance to the man and not a club. Do not condone it.

Support just doesnt buy their tickets so they can boo or jeer a player......that is what you inferred above.

25K of that support buy ST's at an average of 1K a pop....

They do not buy them with the intent of booing or jeering someone.

You making a statement that tickets are bought for that reason tells me you dont know much about matchday support

P.s.what the fark do you think we have been doing the previous 15 games.....you should know the answer...you go on a regular basis

End of the day everyone's going to have a different opinion especially on something like this.Fans are pissed off some at Jose for his part and some at the players for their performance and attitude.Doesn't make anyone less of a fan/care less/not support the club etc.

Chance to let feelings know and that's how they chose to.I can't see it lasting more then a few games especially if performances improve and players show they are capable of performing

because fans actually care about the club. unlike some of the players. no matter what their problems were with jose, they had no right to go on the pitch and put in those half-hearted performances. and they had every right to boo the players like cesc and costa.

as for jose, he critisized the fans when we rightly were poor. a lot of us last season or so said that the support was poor. there were even threads about it. jose also praised the fans for what they did this season. so including this in the argument is just a no-go for me.

yes, he made mistakes with eva, the pathetic team selection, his favouritism. no one is disputing that. but for the players to play the way they did and acted and have absolutely no repurcusions will be simply pathetic.

like i asked in one of my previous posts, what if next season they dont want that manager too, what then. they can again put in half hearted performances, put the club in a pitiful situation until the management decides to throw them out? sorry, simply not how things should be.

Like Tomo said before, the players don't intentionally throw the game away. There are a lot of factors. Did Gladbach before they sacked Favre, intentionally lose there games even though this was a manager who guided them to UCL for the first time ever IIRC. After all the new manager who had no top flight experience guided them to a string of wins. Does that mean they intentionally decided to play for the interim? No, just different ideas and motivated them more and got more out of them.

That is what happened yesterday and I hope will continue under Hiddink. The players have been bad yes but we need to continue to get behind them in hope that they turn around just like the fans backed Mourinho, even when he is gone.

Support just doesnt buy their tickets so they can boo or jeer a player......that is what you inferred above.

25K of that support buy ST's at an average of 1K a pop....

They do not buy them with the intent of booing or jeering someone.

You making a statement that tickets are bought for that reason tells me you dont know much about matchday support

I don't know what you are on about regarding tickets. My simple point is going to the stadium to worship a man who deservedly got sacked and boo the players who played apart like Mourinho is unacceptable. Well if there was no intention of jeering yesterday, what was the intention? I found it embarrassing tbh.

Like Tomo said before, the players don't intentionally throw the game away. There are a lot of factors. Did Gladbach before they sacked Favre, intentionally lose there games even though this was a manager who guided them to UCL for the first time ever IIRC. After all the new manager who had no top flight experience guided them to a string of wins. Does that mean they intentionally decided to play for the interim? No, just different ideas and motivated them more and got more out of them.

That is what happened yesterday and I hope will continue under Hiddink. The players have been bad yes but we need to continue to get behind them in hope that they turn around just like the fans backed Mourinho, even when he is gone.

I don't know what you are on about regarding tickets. My simple point is going to the stadium to worship a man who deservedly got sacked and boo the players who played apart like Mourinho is unacceptable. Well if there was no intention of jeering yesterday, what was the intention? I found it embarrassing tbh.

You found it embarressing...most support wanted to get that off their chests once they were in the ground and the match started.

We have supported players who are playing bad and get mugged off for it by those that dont go.

Yesterday was just one match.

Take it from me....the boos will die down and soon there will be cheers of Diego or Magic hat again especially if they put in a shift and earn our respect.

I want to see them fight for that ...not sulk because a few boos went their way.

We are in a tough place and we need characters who will take the criticism and turn it into a positive for themselves and for us

@ stats

look mate,

at the end of the day we all want the team to stand up and be counted.

Of course the support will help.

Enjoy the match v Watford....and I dont know where you are sitting/standing...but be loud, be proud and be carefree

Agreed mate. I think you are a quality poster and have offered a lot of interesting thoughts in the months you have been here. I just was frustrated at the fans jeering. But yeah mate, let's enjoy the game and hopefully we can string 2 consecutive wins together in the league finally. Enjoy the game :blue scalf:

i did not see gladbach so i wont comment on them.

what i saw yesterday was a team with more intent, with more purpose and with a lot more effort.

how many times did jose publicly say that costa needs to be in the box, did he? NO. yesterday he actually stood there. blame jose for the right things. i will too. but also appropriately put the blame on the players where they deserve it.

you think they did not intentionally do it. a lot of us, including majority of match going fans think otherwise and not witout reason.

Don'tt participate then? we still sing all the general songs...