Arjen Robben

diskoviolente

Also scored winner a year later... he is argubably one of the best Dutch player in history, certainly top 20 already and you are calling him overrated. Also one of the best winger in the world atm despite being 30 and injury prone his whole career, that is impressive.

What about the 12-13 CL final then? How about World Cup? He is a cunt but to say he is overrated is complete nonsense.

also missed a sitter in the WC final. (scored a tap-in in the CL final).

so he is better than berkamp, cryuff?? rvn?

these comparisions are exactly what make him over-rated.

not to mention his utter lack of respect of team spirit (shown on multiple occasions) and selfishness.

he is a completely different player from them .. as an attacking winger atm he is up with the very best ,,, certainly better than he was with us and better than a legend like Nevin

not to mention his utter lack of respect of team spirit (shown on multiple occasions) and selfishness.

Yh if your are comparing him to some of the best footballers in entire history he is overrated loooooooooooooooooooooooooool. If he is so bad while the talented Dutch team got no wingers to displace him for nearly 10 years now?

These comparisons are exactly what make me smh lol! Absolutely no point to argue with you on this one anymore, so peace out, night.

How is saying he's one of the best ever Dutch players (which I agree with) equivalent to saying he's better than players like Van Basten, Bergkamp, Van Nistelrooij or Cruijf? :lol:

Are you that angry about Romelu leaving that you now have to pollute other threads? Come on pal... :lol:

Yh if your are comparing him to some of the best footballers in entire history he is overrated loooooooooooooooooooooooooool. If he is so bad while the talented Dutch team got no wingers to displace him for nearly 10 years now?

what talented?

van der waart? kuyt? babeL? cos these are the best wingers/ams i can think of since 2006 WC.

Following the loss Robben wished his former club good luck in their quest to lift their 10th European cup, insisting he has no interest in who their opponents will be in Lisbon on 24 May.

When asked who he wants to win ahead of Wednesday's second leg clash at Stamford Bridge, Robben told Eurosport: "I don't really care. I watched the 90 minutes last week and I couldn't watch it. The match had nothing to do with football.
"The two managers (Jose Mourinho and Diego Simeone), I respect them and everybody has their own way, buy I think Real Madrid will win the Champions League and I wish them all the best."a

How is saying he's one of the best ever Dutch players (which I agree with) equivalent to saying he's better than players like Van Basten, Bergkamp, Van Nistelrooij or Cruijf? :lol:

Are you that angry about Romelu leaving that you now have to pollute other threads? Come on pal... :lol:

first of read when i made that post before posting nonsense.

been MONTHS. has nothing to do with lukaku.

as for robben, i would take a team player like schurrle before a selfish player like him. think he does more harm than good to a team.

as for robben, i would take a team player like schurrle before a selfish player like him. think he does more harm than good to a team.

That's fair enough, but that doesn't explain how you think he's overrated?

Will you take CR7 over Willian as well? CR7 is very selfish

what talented?

van der waart? kuyt? babeL? cos these are the best wingers/ams i can think of since 2006 WC.

Following the loss Robben wished his former club good luck in their quest to lift their 10th European cup, insisting he has no interest in who their opponents will be in Lisbon on 24 May.

When asked who he wants to win ahead of Wednesday's second leg clash at Stamford Bridge, Robben told Eurosport: "I don't really care. I watched the 90 minutes last week and I couldn't watch it. The match had nothing to do with football.

"The two managers (Jose Mourinho and Diego Simeone), I respect them and everybody has their own way, buy I think Real Madrid will win the Champions League and I wish them all the best."a

You're making yourself like a fool by quoting these disrespecting quotes from Robben because your beloved Lukaku has been doing practically the same thing and I didn't see you say he is overrated.

Just give it a rest mate, you're discrediting yourself badly.

That's fair enough, but that doesn't explain how you think he's overrated?

i did. for a player to be counted among the great he has to perform at the biggest of stages. he always chokes in the big games. the argentina game was the prime example. 1 pass in the first half. one dude!!! and that is in no way an individual event.

hence, when people count him in the "elite" category, the word "over-rated" pops to the head. at the end of the day, give me someone like sanchez to play RW instead of robben and i ll be happy.

You're making yourself like a fool by quoting these disrespecting quotes from Robben because your beloved Lukaku has been doing practically the same thing and I didn't see you say he is overrated.

Just give it a rest mate, you're discrediting yourself badly.

how does lukaku come into the picture?

go back and READ when i posted it!!! do try and READ if u can!!! wont be very hard to see it if u tried.

and why should i call lukaku over-rated. cos i think he is the best option among a 36 year old DD and torres? replace one of them with bony and we wont need lukaku. but somehow i am "over-rating" him.

i did. for a player to be counted among the great he has to perform at the biggest of stages. he always chokes in the big games. the argentina game was the prime example. 1 pass in the first half. one dude!!! and that is in no way an individual event.

hence, when people count him in the "elite" category, the word "over-rated" pops to the head. at the end of the day, give me someone like sanchez to play RW instead of robben and i ll be happy.

Why are you ignoring his performance in the WC this year and his performances in the 12/13 CL campaign?

You're mad if you don't think Robben is an elite player and one of the best in his position right now.

Why are you ignoring his performance in the WC this year and his performances in the 12/13 CL campaign?

You're mad if you don't think Robben is an elite player and one of the best in his position right now.

he was brilliant in the group stages.

against mexico he was poor and simply dived to get the penalty.

against rica he was pretty average.

against argentina he was in masch's pocket.

infact this WC proves my point. as the going gets tough, robben goes invisible. and then he comes back and gives 3 assists or something in a dead rubber (still dont get why that match is even played)

i ll give him the 2012-13 campaign though. played like a man possessed. seemed like he wanted to right what he had wronged.

he was brilliant in the group stages.

against mexico he was poor and simply dived to get the penalty.

against rica he was pretty average.

against argentina he was in masch's pocket.

infact this WC proves my point. as the going gets tough, robben goes invisible. and then he comes back and gives 3 assists or something in a dead rubber (still dont get why that match is even played)

i ll give him the 2012-13 campaign though. played like a man possessed. seemed like he wanted to right what he had wronged.

What? Did you even watch those games? He wasn't poor against Mexico at all, he was the only attacking player that was actually threatening going forward and created most of our chances.

Against Costa Rica he was average? Did you even watch the game? He again was Holland's best player and ran riot, again our most threatening player and ran the show up front for us.

Robben was very good in almost every WC game apart from the Argentina one, where he still did okay even though Mascherano made it very difficult for him to play.

Seriously, anyone saying that Robben isn't an elite player has to be joking.

What? Did you even watch those games? He wasn't poor against Mexico at all, he was the only attacking player that was actually threatening going forward and created most of our chances.

Against Costa Rica he was average? Did you even watch the game? He again was Holland's best player and ran riot, again our most threatening player and ran the show up front for us.

Robben was very good in almost every WC game apart from the Argentina one, where he still did okay even though Mascherano made it very difficult for him to play.

Seriously, anyone saying that Robben isn't an elite player has to be joking.

threatening player!!! and thats a word most useful to describe robben, when a player gets the ball, dribbles past 3 people and 99% of time tries to over-do by either dribbling the 4th time or shooting from the most impossible of angles. a trend of robben, i must say which more often than not, does not help his TEAM!!! and thats the most important word here.