Arjen Robben

diskoviolente

• 2 months later...

Arjen Robben, Holland Arjen Robben says he has put his Champions League disappointment behind him and focusing on the Euro 2012. The 28-year-old Dutch winger was booed on May 22 by Bayern Munich fans during a friendly against Holland who blamed him for the clubs Champions League final loss to Chelsea. Holland lost the exhibition 3-2 at the Allianz Arena....

Lolol.

Pleb.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Arjen Robben, our former player seems to be on the transfer list at Bayern. The German Giants have enough wide players in Ribery, Muller, Shaqiri and now have Gotze coming in. This could mean Robben maybe surplus to requirements under Pep. Also, remember, Pep made radical changes when he took over at Barcelona as well - sold Ronaldinho & Deco and built a new team, so, it's very likely that Robben maybe classified as 'dead-wood' by Pep.

Signing Arjen Robben will leave the squad better balanced than signing Schurrle. I've made this point in the another thread already that both Schurrle and Hazard are left wingers and one of them has to adapt to the Right Wing role if we were to sign the former. Arjen Robben is highly experienced on both the left and right wing. He is one of those players who will take the full backs on more than passing but since we have enough playmakers at the club, maybe it's time to look at a direct winger?

If he's available, would you like to see him return?

Not a lot of people rate Robben, but I think he's a great player.

Buuuuut do we need him? That's the question, we are already packed with attacking players except for strikers, and money is better spent elsewhere.

Not a lot of people rate Robben, but I think he's a great player.

Buuuuut do we need him? That's the question, we are already packed with attacking players except for strikers, and money is better spent elsewhere.

If Pep is letting him go for under 20mil, I'd jump at that chance. Our best right winger now is Victor 'Can't cross to save his life' Moses. Robben will definitely be an upgrade and i think he Still has 2 years left in his tank and tbh, this squad needs a kick of experience more than anything else

Ofcourse, if we sign Schurrle - then this won't happen

If Pep is letting him go for under 20mil, I'd jump at that chance. Our best right winger now is Victor 'Can't cross to save his life' Moses. Robben will definitely be an upgrade and i think he Still has 2 years left in his tank and tbh, this squad needs a kick of experience more than anything else

Ofcourse, if we sign Schurrle - then this won't happen

Things aren't that simple, Moses knows his place, in time he will become a good squad player. Robben is an ego, he will want to start and expect to start every game.

Someone like Robben could disrupt the team. Schurrle is the only attacker we should be signing, a player with a good attitude and offers a lot too the squad.

I don't think Robben would be a good signing, I would rather keep Moses simply because it's more beneficial in the long term and the bigger picture. Robben is obviously much better in terms of quality, and I doubt Moses will ever become the player Robben is, however we need those players like Moses in the squad. Infact he has scored lots of vital goals for us this season, and theirs much more to come in the upcoming seasons.

I would much rather give Marin a chance because he's a younger player who can take people on too. Besides Bayern won't sell Robben because the only proper winger you named in your list is Robben and Ribery to suggest Gotze or Muller are wingers is a little silly lol !

Things aren't that simple, Moses knows his place, in time he will become a good squad player. Robben is an ego, he will want to start and expect to start every game.

Someone like Robben could disrupt the team. Schurrle is the only attacker we should be signing, a player with a good attitude and offers a lot too the squad.

I don't think Robben would be a good signing, I would rather keep Moses simply because it's more beneficial in the long term and the bigger picture. Robben is obviously much better in terms of quality, and I doubt Moses will ever become the player Robben is, however we need those players like Moses in the squad. Infact he has scored lots of vital goals for us this season, and theirs much more to come in the upcoming seasons.

I agree and Victor is only 22 people seem to forget that because he's played in the Premier League and Championship for so long. Victor gets on the end of things and we don't need to go back to players like Robben going back never works in my opinion.

I agree and Victor is only 22 people seem to forget that because he's played in the Premier League and Championship for so long. Victor gets on the end of things and we don't need to go back to players like Robben going back never works in my opinion.

Thats why your return to talk chelsea never worked out.

I don';t understand what people have against Marko Marin to be honest. If he get's games then he'll improve and get used to the league.... he might need a loan like Lukaku that might be it then we've got a good winger. He's only 22 don't give up on these young players yet they can do it !

Yes. i agree completely.The ego is definitely a big problem but he's 29 and maybe has 2 more years at the top. He will want to spend that in a top club. If we, by some circumstance, miss out on Schurrle AND if Robben is available, i'd consider him. We don't have a Right-Winger atm.

Moses, as you said, knows his place in the squad. He is a backup player. We could add a first-choice right winger.

Arjen Robben, our former player seems to be on the transfer list at Bayern. The German Giants have enough wide players in Ribery, Muller, Shaqiri and now have Gotze coming in. This could mean Robben maybe surplus to requirements under Pep. Also, remember, Pep made radical changes when he took over at Barcelona as well - sold Ronaldinho & Deco and built a new team, so, it's very likely that Robben maybe classified as 'dead-wood' by Pep.

Signing Arjen Robben will leave the squad better balanced than signing Schurrle. I've made this point in the another thread already that both Schurrle and Hazard are left wingers and one of them has to adapt to the Right Wing role if we were to sign the former. Arjen Robben is highly experienced on both the left and right wing. He is one of those players who will take the full backs on more than passing but since we have enough playmakers at the club, maybe it's time to look at a direct winger?

If he's available, would you like to see him return?

Hazard isn't just a left winger he can play as a number 10 and has been playing on the right alot more recently and doing well there! Robben wont want to come here and sit on the bench which is where he will end up! he would mess things up for us as he is so greedy i could imagine Mata and Hazard being reluctant to pass to him as they know he is greedy! I would much rather Schurrle!

Hazard isn't just a left winger he can play as a number 10 and has been playing on the right alot more recently and doing well there! Robben wont want to come here and sit on the bench which is where he will end up! he would mess things up for us as he is so greedy i could imagine Mata and Hazard being reluctant to pass to him as they know he is greedy! I would much rather Schurrle!

Nope. Strictly okay on the right. He is much better on the left and our best players should play in preferred positions. Hazard on the left, Mata in the middle. Schurrle is another left winger - who has popped up on the right at times - but a left winger nonetheless. one of them will have to adapt to Right wing role and i think we can eliminate this issue altogether if we go for a genuine right winger rather than Schurrle.