Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

27 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

What's wrong with him? People like to shit on Willian, but he is at least involved in a game, Pedro is doing nothing in games.

If you expect him to do Hazard or Willian things, then you're gonna be disappointed because he's not a player who takes the ball and aims to beat players. Pedro combines with players like Hazard and Willian and gets on the end of things. You said Pedro is doing nothing in games but what about chances that he tends to get at the end of? Do you see Hazard or Willian get into those goalscoring positions as often as Pedro does?

I've always thought of Pedro and Willian as being very similar. Theyre both great when theyre on form but go missing quite alot.I would be very torn as to which i would lose 1st. He has got a good left foot tho and has a 2nd gear when he shows some urgency. His face also changes to a demonic Freddy Mercury like creature when hes trying hard. Both need upgrading as in 30s Well Willi 6 month off.

With those 2, Cescy,Cahill we need to start looking at lads that can stay with us (hopefully) awhile. I  know its difficult keeping players but it wold be nice to have a team (and manager) who could grow together.

18 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I've always thought of Pedro and Willian as being very similar. Theyre both great when theyre on form but go missing quite alot.I would be very torn as to which i would lose 1st. He has got a good left foot tho and has a 2nd gear when he shows some urgency. His face also changes to a demonic Freddy Mercury like creature when hes trying hard. Both need upgrading as in 30s Well Willi 6 month off.

With those 2, Cescy,Cahill we need to start looking at lads that can stay with us (hopefully) awhile. I  know its difficult keeping players but it wold be nice to have a team (and manager) who could grow together.

Pedro is way better than Willian. 2016/17 should have put an end to that. He's a far more decisive player. That should be obvious at this point. Pedro should always be starting ahead of Willian. They aren't equals

There's also the fact that Pedro is the only play we have that is very good at long shots. He's a threat to score from outside the box. Willian doesn't offer us anything we don't already have except consistently make a fool of himself in the final 3rd. 

3 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Pedro is way better than Willian. 2016/17 should have put an end to that. He's a far more decisive player. That should be obvious at this point. Pedro should always be starting ahead of Willian. They aren't equals

There's also the fact that Pedro is the only play we have that is very good at long shots. He's a threat to score from outside the box. Willian doesn't offer us anything we don't already have except consistently make a fool of himself in the final 3rd. 

Combine them and you’d end up w a very good player but right now they both just ok for me.

one has the end game and nothing else; the other lacks the final touch.

Pedro and willian may not be world class player but they are servicable. Are they that much worse than Sterling+Sane. I don't think so. Not as young not as dynamic of course due to their age but not that much worse.

The problem is in our 343 system, they are our main creator, hence you will have a very up and down performance from both players because they are good as complementary player but not as the main creator.

Pedro has been performing really well in all the games he has started imo, but the problem lies with the fact that people are expecting him to do stuff, that he doesn't actually have the quality to do. He's a clinical finisher and his positioning is excellent, but he's not a good enough starter, more of an impact substitute, so don't all start expecting him to be world class, he's fine in what he does, but by no means should be a long time starter. Time to buy a long overdue forward

The way he stuns the ball into his own path was something special. I really rate this guy massively still. He isn't getting any younger but he is the ultimate pro and can gives us 2/3 more seasons easy. The problem with the way the board operate at this club is that I can't see us replacing him or Willian with anyone better IE a Fekir/Pulisic we are more likely to go for the Mahrez types and Zaha's IMO.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...