Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

Stop saying it was with his weaker foot, he hasn't got a weaker foot :D That's another thing I really like in him, left, right, doesn't mata, still bangs them from distance. 
For the same reason I really like Cazorla, you can see him taking free kick with his left and also with his right, depends on the position of the ball. And also taking the corner kicks again with both of his feet and the deliver is still quality.

Henry, who played alongside Pedro during their spell at Barcelona, admits that he is a huge admirer of the Spain international.

Speaking on Sky Sports after Sunday’s game, Henry said: “We’re talking about a guy who played in the best team in the world for a very long time.

“He has that [type of goal] in his locker. I trained with him and I still don’t know if he’s right-footed or left-footed.

“But man, that was some goal. He has no problem going on his left or right foot – and what a way to unlock the game.”

On 5/1/2017 at 2:47 PM, Strike said:

So good to have someone with the ability to shoot from distance like Pedro, even with his weaker foot. 

Goals against Tottenham, Bournemouth and now Everton (away from home too!) Crucial in opening up games for the team. Fantastic

There's also important goals against Man United, Swansea, Wolves and Burnley too.

I think technically he is excellent. He really suits playing closer to the striker, he has got a good footballing mind and unpredictability, can play one and two touches either simple or even with a flick eg assist for Hazard v Everton at the Bridge, assist for Costa v Spurs a few games ago as well as he can hit it with either foot incredibly well, similar to his mate Cazorla at Arsenal. He doesn't look remarkably quick but he always seems to have a good burst of acceleration when he needs it. Also his experience and attitude is very pleasing to see, not that I ever doubted it because even when he was at Barcelona he would play anywhere and work just as hard but I think Conte has free'd him up in comparison to last year and that along with his footballing intelligence has helped a huge amount. Under Hiddink he played a lot on the right and it didn't suit him really because he wasn't always close to the goal or striker. Different story now.

• 2 weeks later...

He's 1 of my favourite ever. He's impossible not to like, and seems to love it here. He feels like our new Kalou/Malouda hybrid, an improvement on both with both of their qualities. I can't picture him ever going downhill. He's so intelligent on the ball, like every Barcelona player from that era. I'd love to sign more of their ex stars, Dani Alves being the next. Who knows if he thinks the PL is interesting...London is a bit better than Turin

Perfect description of Pedro here...

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/12/thierry-henry-explains-how-antonio-conte-has-succeeded-where-jose-mourinho-failed-and-got-the-best-out-of-pedro-6634163/

‘Pedro is type of player who has quality but he needs a structure, a plan and guidance and then he will execute that to the tee,’ he told Sky Sports.

‘We have seen that with him scoring amazing goals with his left and right foot this season.

‘People think at Barcelona if you are allowed to do whatever you want – but no it was well drilled.

‘Pedro is back to that type of philopsophy and that’s why we are seeing him doing what he is doing.’

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Conte drills us to a pattern of play and players like Pedro who don't have the individual dribbling talent of Hazard benefits massively from this. I think if Costa was a better linkup player, Pedro would have been even better. 

On 5/13/2017 at 7:10 AM, Leif said:

He's 1 of my favourite ever. He's impossible not to like, and seems to love it here. He feels like our new Kalou/Malouda hybrid, an improvement on both with both of their qualities. I can't picture him ever going downhill. He's so intelligent on the ball, like every Barcelona player from that era. I'd love to sign more of their ex stars, Dani Alves being the next. Who knows if he thinks the PL is interesting...London is a bit better than Turin

Dani alves is way too old to play in Epl. The same with evra, he can still do well in Italy where the pace of the game is not as hectic as in England

7 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Conte drills us to a pattern of play and players like Pedro who don't have the individual dribbling talent of Hazard benefits massively from this. I think if Costa was a better linkup player, Pedro would have been even better. 

Agree, his game is all about linking up and off the ball run. The moment he is moved from winger role to forward role, he became completely different player. 

• 2 weeks later...

He doesnt have anywhere near(arguably) the talent of Hazard, but his reading of the game is miles ahead.

I am always amazed, even when we have no possession, at his ability to read the game enough to find the ball. Really shows the quality which comes out of the Barcelona academy.

32 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He doesnt have anywhere near(arguably) the talent of Hazard, but his reading of the game is miles ahead.

I am always amazed, even when we have no possession, at his ability to read the game enough to find the ball. Really shows the quality which comes out of the Barcelona academy.

I have to disagree. Pedro is extremely talented, no lees that Eden. He just doesn't have the physical stature that Eden has. 

• 1 month later...