Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Last season he was completely out of his depth, constantly picking the ball from deep and trying to dribble up (or in one instant dribbling backwards to concede a corner, honest mistake lol). You know who I blame for lack of any attacking cohesion last season. I'm looking forward to seeing what Pedro has to offer when acclimatized to a proper attacking system.

Who would u play against Southampton Willian or Pedro?? 

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

Who would u play against Southampton Willian or Pedro?? 

Probably Pedro because I like the directness he offers. It's not an educated opinion because I don't know Soton's characteristics, maybe Willian would be better, maybe not. A lot also depends on Willian's mental state right now. I would anyway play the same line-up as against Utd.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

We all know this but it's worth repeating. Willian will have a hard time keeping Pedro Ledesma out of the team. He duplicated Hazard too much and doesn't have an appetite for goal. Pedro offers many different things. 

Dont fancy Pedro at all, but he's really proved me wrong these past few weeks.

Deserves his starting spot, and really growing into the league.

Top notch.

I deserved that. I've been on his side for a long time. Playing higher up the pitch and that's where he belongs. Not saying he'll be brilliant but I've always argued him being a good player for the collective and a good tactical tool. He's looking like that now. Let's see how long he keeps it up.

Made a point to come to this thread first. 

Ive been on his case basically the whole time he's been here, but today he was on fire! Honestly, if Hazard wasnt playing like a demigod he would be my MoM. The turn on Williams and the pass through to Costa in the first half was art. His backheel for hazard was perfect. He presses like a dog. Really mixed the snarling ditry work with exquisite skill, a metaphor for the team at the moment. 

Take bow pedro

The thing is some members of this wonderful forum need to give players time. There's something called assessing players based on potential and pedigree. There's also something called an eye test. Even when he wasn't playing well, the quality was there. Pedro has won the World cup and Champions leagues. And he's done that being a critical figure in some of those sides. He's 29 as well. How he all of a sudden became a shite, no-hoper in some of forum members' eyes was just way off. Same with Matic. Guy was arguably (certainly one of) the best CDM in Europe in our title winning season before he got overplayed and fatigued and so many people wanted to toss him into the garbage can. Wanted him sold. I can understand feeling that way about a constant disappointment like Oscar but we need to judge players sensibly sometimes. 

James is no upgrade at all. At least not in his current form. But maybe Conte could make him better.

Anyway I would pick fast player for that RW whoever that might be.

And all fair to Pedro, he was brilliant for past few games.

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

James is no upgrade at all. At least not in his current form. But maybe Conte could make him better.

Anyway I would pick fast player for that RW whoever that might be.

And all fair to Pedro, he was brilliant for past few games.

No upgrade? Please. James is 10x the player Pedro ever was.

2 hours ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

No upgrade? Please. James is 10x the player Pedro ever was.

Not in this formation he is not. James is notoriously lazy. Say goodbye to the press from pedro and the constant movement behind the defence. Pedro gets back well too. This team has balance and pretty boy will mess it up, i guarantee it will be torres all over again

Pedro has been fantastic. His runs off the ball, his one touch passing, his finishing, movement and energy is a breath of fresh air compared to Willian holding the ball, doing stepovers and passing back to ivanovic. 

If Willian was playing, there's no way hazard and kante would have got those assists to score those amazing goals. Fantastic from Pedro, if we get anywhere near the quality he was at Barcelona we're in for a treat, because I rated 2011 pedro as good as Sanchez in Barcelona.