Stefan di Vrij

OneMoSalah

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i have heard, he is talented, good ball playing centre back, solid defensively and a good reader of the game. He is still young at 23/24 years old, but he's been out due to injury to knee. When fit he is one of the best defenders in Seria A though. I suppose if he's injury concerns aren't lasting then he could be a good addition. It seems our scouts are looking at very good (young) players though, so the signs are positive at the moment. It is great to know we have plenty of options to look at if our main targets are difficult to sign. 

4 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

He is Dutch Gary Cahill. Good enough for Lazio but I don't see him capable of playing at a top club. If our options are really down to this, then why not cancel Christensen's loan and bring him back?

Disagree.

How many of you have seen more than his youtube videos? He is good, very good actually but he hasn't played football for one season ;) lazio fans rates him highly

- 3rd best rated CB of Serie A in 2014/2015 (7.35 rating)

- Best central defender of Fifa World cup 2014 (7.9 rating)

- Best 11 of Fifa World cup 2014

Not good enough for Chelsea they said ... if we miss on him, the fans will talk about that we miss another world class prospect for cheap. Chelsea fans - unhappy with our transfers since always :P

• 1 month later...

hoorah. something might  actually happen this weekend? good news.

TBH, the way things have gone, I would be content with one CB like de Vrij/K2 plus Marquinhos.

I wanted four more outfield signings, but if we got two defenders who are flexible at this point, maybe we can't complain.  

Two flexible defenders and one more MF (or three defenders) would be superb at this point.

I also wonder why we're only being linked publicly with defenders in the Italian League. We have done well in the past scouting in the French league (with Zouma and Azpi). Maybe the only decent defenders available are in the Italian league as Spain's top defenders play for Madrid, Barca and Atletico.  

40 minutes ago, scargo said:

He has big problem with his knee,, it's a gamble

Tbh, Koulibaly is a gamble after one good season, and the same for Romagnoli and others. At least this guy was part of that '14 Holland side as well as being touted as having potential to become a very good defender. 

4 hours ago, Robguima said:

Interesting player all rounder as a defender and can even cover in rb.

of course never seem him play in RL but I did sign him in FM... :ph34r: (2012 as I am a purist)

I've never played FM myself. Is the 2012 version considered the classic? 

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

I also wonder why we're only being linked publicly with defenders in the Italian League. We have done well in the past scouting in the French league (with Zouma and Azpi). Maybe the only decent defenders available are in the Italian league as Spain's top defenders play for Madrid, Barca and Atletico.  

I agree, it's an interesting question. 

It could be, as you speculate, that Italy is where the best available talent is. It might also be that agents of Italian based players are taking the opportunity to push/link their clients with Chelsea. If, however, it is simply that Antonio wants to target players with whom he is already familiar then I hope this will change soon.

It's a statement of the obvious that the wider you spread your net, the better chance you have of making a good catch.  It is also true though that clubs from other European  leagues might be willing to sell their players at prices which represent better value; clubs which don't have the financial strength to drive as hard a bargain as those from Serie A.

It is for example quite usual for Italian coaches to be very well informed about players from the former Yugoslav countries.  There is often some outstanding talent to be found there. I hope that between now and January, Antonio will have time to get his head up and do some scouting. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You