Radamel Falcao

BlueLion.

Do we really need/want him? Are there not better alternatives out there?

Hey, he is one of the best strikers available at the moment, and he's a player Andre knows well and who flourished under him. He'd be a great buy, but as it has been said, he is not needed at the moment.

Hey, he is one of the best strikers available at the moment, and he's a player Andre knows well and who flourished under him. He'd be a great buy, but as it has been said, he is not needed at the moment.

correct! I dont think his talent can be called into question, his goals speak for themselves but at the minute i think he would only be a luxury signing. We will start Nando thru the middle of the front 3 next season id imagine so i dont see any place elsewhere for Falcao because he is an out and out goal scorer not a flair player or wide man who could facilitate the right or left of the front three. Great poacher mind you, will always pop up in the right place

Do we really need/want him? Are there not better alternatives out there?

I don't think we need him.

Falcao was in the same form as Torres before Villas-Boas took charge at Porto. As he said.. He will give Torres the Falcao treatment. That being said, I do think we need a back up striker. Behind Torres & Sturridge. Like when we signed Anelka in 2008.

I don't think we need him.

Falcao was in the same form as Torres before Villas-Boas took charge at Porto. As he said.. He will give Torres the Falcao treatment. That being said, I do think we need a back up striker. Behind Torres & Sturridge. Like when we signed Anelka in 2008.

Not really. Falcao scored 34 goals the season before, but struggled to find the net in preseason... which is like what? 3-4 games.

AVB said he was in poor form :huh:

Yep he was..... in pre-season lol.

AVB said "He [Falcao] was a striker who didn't find the back of the net in pre-season and was frustrated. We didn't tune the team to provide to him. We tuned the team as a whole"

Yep he was..... in pre-season lol.

AVB said "He [Falcao] was a striker who didn't find the back of the net in pre-season and was frustrated. We didn't tune the team to provide to him. We tuned the team as a whole"

Ohhhhhhhhhh :lol:

Well still haha, I do have faith Villas-Boas can resurrect Torres' form.

Ohhhhhhhhhh :lol:

Well still haha, I do have faith Villas-Boas can resurrect Torres' form.

Thats the problem.

07/08 - 24 goals

08/09 - 14 goals

09/10 - 18 goals

10/11 - 9 goals

Unless you are talking about his form 3 or 4 years ago, we still need another striker.

Thats the problem.

07/08 - 24 goals

08/09 - 14 goals

09/10 - 18 goals

10/11 - 9 goals

Unless you are talking about his form 3 or 4 years ago, we still need another striker.

I guess, when you put it like that.

However goals will also come from other places, not just Torres. If Torres can even get us 20 goals in a season, we still have the likes of Sturridge to bag a few (should he be played) & even the midfield. You are right we need another striker, but would Falcao be appropriate when we're talking backup to Torres?

I guess, when you put it like that.

However goals will also come from other places, not just Torres. If Torres can even get us 20 goals in a season, we still have the likes of Sturridge to bag a few (should he be played) & even the midfield. You are right we need another striker, but would Falcao be appropriate when we're talking backup to Torres?

I also think Didier is a good player, but some people say he is one of the greatest strikers ever...in his past 7 PL seasons he managed to scored more than 20 goals only 2 times. In 3 seasons he scored no more than 10 goals. In other two he did not scored more than 12.

Not saying he is garbage and awful...but are yet to have a striker like Henry. A goal scoring machine.

I dont know if Falcao is that striker, but I wont be satisfied with Torres + Drogba for next season. We need more if we want to to great things next season.

I dont know if Falcao is that striker, but I wont be satisfied with Torres + Drogba for next season. We need more if we want to to great things next season.

I agree with you there.

As someone once pointed out, all great teams of each season have had a prolific striker that's been instrumental in their season. E.g. Ibra for AC.. Hernandez/Rooney/Berbatov for United.. Messi for Barca (I know he's not a striker but you know what I mean)

If Torres does not start scoring more regularly, we will be in trouble. Not sure if it should be Falcao. That being said, we don't have an upcoming striker from our academy (now that we've sold Borini) so Falcao maybe a risk worth taking.

I also think Didier is a good player, but some people say he is one of the greatest strikers ever...in his past 7 PL seasons he managed to scored more than 20 goals only 2 times. In 3 seasons he scored no more than 10 goals. In other two he did not scored more than 12.

Not saying he is garbage and awful...but are yet to have a striker like Henry. A goal scoring machine.

Falcao is that striker when played in the right system. He requires an efficient winger who can consistently deliver good/decent crosses into the box as 90% of his goals last season were headers (currently no striker is better than him in the air) Taking that into account, he would struggle to succeed at Chelsea because we lack quality wingers.

According to "O Jogo", from Portugal, Falcao accepted to pen a new deal with Porto, that will increase his salaries and his buy out clause to 45m.

If that happen to be true, we will know after Copa America.