Radamel Falcao

BlueLion.

Am I the only one not getting excited by the Pippo comparisons?

Not that I would ever underestimate the impact a goal can have on the dynamics of a match but we have other areas which need improvement more urgently than a getting a poacher who can only put the ball in the back of the net.

Not that I would ever underestimate the impact a goal can have on the dynamics of a match but we have other areas which need improvement more urgently than a getting a poacher who can only put the ball in the back of the net.

if we will buy a striker it does not mean that we will not buy a winger.

I'll second that :D

But what if Porto come out and say... "signing of Kléber is not replacement for Falcao"

It's not like they've got a choice. If me match the transfer release clause we can talk to Falcao, and then all he needs to do is to put his signature on a new contract and move to London :P

Well , here is how i look at it ...

CFC are not stupid enough to think that we can survive without new winger and play-maker , so getting this lad might be the 1st transfer this summer and it will be followed at least by a winger and a CM (play-maker).

Also keeping in mind that Torres may or may not be the striker we are all looking for , and that preferably Drogba should leave , for us to save his wages , his place and more importantly save ourselves the troubles of having him on the bench , I think this move actually makes sense.

I know that most of us can't wait to see us sign a play-maker or a winger to add more creativity , but be patient .......

i have a feeling the rumors about roman spending 100 million dollars this summer might come true .

Blionheart touched upon something that i see a lot of in fan forums of team sports. often there is a group of fans who seem to believe that the first signing made in a transfer window is going to be the biggest/most important signing the team makes. but in reality the first signing is the easiest deal to complete,which is rarely the biggest/most important player.

as for Falcao not being needed..i think he is.

even if Torres returns to the form he displayed elsewhere,he couldn`t play a full season for a team who usually since he was there,played in fewer games per season than we have and looks like we will for years to come. we need to let our older strikers go when we can recoup some money for them. so Falcao then can challenge Torres for the starting CF berth and be the first option when he needs rest but we still need to win.

and all that is going along with the assumption that Falcao and Torres can`t play together..which may not be the case.

Torres,Falcao and Sturridge,sounds good to me with some width added and a creative CM/CAM.

get about 28-35 for Drogba,Anelka and Kalou. which would pay for Falcao and most of the DeBruyne fee if not all.

I Saw this on one Forum:

Falcao is going to Chelsea in July, Porto asked Chelsea to delay the transfer until July arrived because that's when the new season begins and the new financial exercise of the season for Porto too. Since this last season's finances are already balanced with the money Porto made with Villas Boas, Porto wants Falcao's transfer fee to balance next season's budget.

I Saw this on one Forum:

Falcao is going to Chelsea in July, Porto asked Chelsea to delay the transfer until July arrived because that's when the new season begins and the new financial exercise of the season for Porto too. Since this last season's finances are already balanced with the money Porto made with Villas Boas, Porto wants Falcao's transfer fee to balance next season's budget.

and the source besides the forum is ?

So unfortunately I havent had much of a chance to watch Porto this past year, and as such I rely on word of mouth and YouTube clips on occasion to see what a player is capable of. Well...all the clips on him are scoring goals. Granted, theyre excellent goals, there's nothing showing his touch, strength, shot from distance, or skill on the ball. Which begs the question, is he a chicharito? Who has seen him play? Does he move well off the ball? Does he run into space or does he sit on top of defenders? Does he play with his back to goal or does he look to make runs? I'm just curious what were looking at here.

What I do know...he can finish as well as anyone in the world. Is that it though?

Why Falcao?Why not Hulk.We need him more than Falcao.

hahaha...ive seen all the prto games in europa league...and villa boas knows hes players ...and i agree with boas!! falcao is much better to have on the team!! just the best striker ive seen in portugal!!!

falcao please come to chelsea!!we are waiting!!

So unfortunately I havent had much of a chance to watch Porto this past year, and as such I rely on word of mouth and YouTube clips on occasion to see what a player is capable of. Well...all the clips on him are scoring goals. Granted, theyre excellent goals, there's nothing showing his touch, strength, shot from distance, or skill on the ball. Which begs the question, is he a chicharito? Who has seen him play? Does he move well off the ball? Does he run into space or does he sit on top of defenders? Does he play with his back to goal or does he look to make runs? I'm just curious what were looking at here.

What I do know...he can finish as well as anyone in the world. Is that it though?

people in portogal says hes the best player in portogal right now...hes strong side is that hes so smart and hes runs are world class... people in river plate says the same!! one of the best players in rivers history!!messi said last day that he would love to play along side him!!