Radamel Falcao

BlueLion.

Ooooh I see, he's estatic because he doesn't want him!!

I clicked that link because I thought it was good news in that he had agreed to a move! Thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing :lol:

Hm, now I want him and I think we need him !!

Why ? Let's put it this way :

If you analyse every teams who has won something during the past seasons, you will notice they have almost all something similar : a striker on fire.

Let's do a brief analysis of the matter :

• Barcelona 2008 - 2009 : Samuel Eto'o, 36 goals. Back then Eto'o was on fire. Messi may has won the Ballon d'Or, but Samuel was the genuine Barça's best player, to my eyes. I saw a stat on him, and if I recall it correctly that was more or less "50% of Barça's first goals were from Eto'o". Which is impressive and proves his importance.
  • Inter 2009 - 2010 : Diego Milito, 30 goals. You just gotta see what happened in the final -> Milito was somehow untouchable back then and he scored a load of important goals.
  • Chelsea 2009 - 2010 : Didier Drogba, 37 goals. Everybody here know the story.
  • Manchester Utd 2010 - 2011 : Hernandez, 20 goals. He didn't score as many goals as my other examples, but he scored vital goals both in Champions League and Premier League.
  • Barcelona 2010 - 2011 : Lionel Messi, 53 goals. Do I need to say stuff ?

And I think myself that a striker in a good form is something really needed for teams who seek success. Of course you also need creativity in the midfield to feed the striker in good balls, and good wingers as well. But, if you haven't someone to convert those good balls and someone to make goals out of something, then you can have all the best passers in the world it won't work.

At the moment, we have three strikers. Didier Drogba, he is 33 and will be 34 next year. I don't think we can really rely on him, due to his age. Of course he could play an important role within our team, but just as a part-time player, not as our main striker and as the regular starter. Torres, he is the shadow of the player he was once, for more or less 18 months. For me, his best days belong to the past and even if he hits a good form one day he will never be the same, to my honest opinion. So, realistically, it is a bit mad to set our hopes on him. Daniel Sturridge, very good talent. I predict him a bright futur. I really like this player, I think he will be an important player for us in the futur (If we don't sell him before that), and I thinl he is a player on who we can rely on.

That leaves us with just one good 'omen'... I do think to add Radamel Falcao to our striker set wouldn't be a luxury considering what I did say in my last paragraph, plus he is a different type of player than Sturridge...

Of course, that's just my view.

Hm, now I want him and I think we need him !!

Why ? Let's put it this way :

If you analyse every teams who has won something during the past seasons, you will notice they have almost all something similar : a striker on fire.

• Barcelona 2008 - 2009 : Samuel Eto'o, 36 goals. Back then Eto'o was on fire. Messi may has won the Ballon d'Or, but Samuel was the genuine Barça's best player, to my eyes. I saw a stat on him, and if I recall it correctly that was more or less "50% of Barça's first goals were from Eto'o". Which is impressive and proves his importance.
  • Inter 2009 - 2010 : Diego Milito, 30 goals. You just gotta see what happened in the final -> Milito was somehow untouchable back then and he scored a load of important goals.
  • Manchester Utd 2010 - 2011 : Hernandez, 20 goals. He didn't score as many goals as my other examples, but he scored vital goals both in Champions League and Premier League.

And I think myself that a striker in a good form is something really needed for teams who seek success. Of course you also need creativity in the midfield to feed the striker in good balls, and good wingers as well. But, if you haven't someone to convert those good balls and someone to make goals out of something, then you can have all the best passers in the world it won't work.

At the moment, we have three strikers. Didier Drogba, he is 33 and will be 34 next year. I don't think we can really rely on him, due to his age. Of course he could play an important role within our team, but just as a part-time player, not as our main striker and as the regular starter. Torres, he is the shadow of the player he was once, for more or less 18 months. For me, his best days belong to the past and even if he hits a good form one day he will never be the same, to my honest opinion. So, realistically, it is a bit mad to set our hopes on him. Daniel Sturridge, very good talent. I predict him a bright futur. I really like this player, I think he will be an important player for us in the futur (If we don't sell him before that), and I thinl he is a player on who we can rely on.

That leaves us with just one good 'omen'... I do think to add Radamel Falcao to our striker set wouldn't be a luxury considering what I did say in my last paragraph, plus he is a different type of player than Sturridge...

emo3.gif

According to Portuguese football website A Bola the signing of Radamel Falcao will be confirmed by Chelsea in a few hours.

No.

A Bola said that a deal is likely to happen soon. I posted those news yesterday.

You guys should read past posts to avoid posting same old stories.

Very true.

Back in the midst of may, there's someone who has made a good post which analysed every 'caviars' Torres has been given - If I remind it correctly, that was Blue Heart. Okay, there were not many of those 'caviars', but he has been given some. And, on each one of them he has been pathetic. The problem isn't even that he didn't scored from them, but he hasn't even done something decent out of them.

Yes.

To be honest I don't believe in the news that Roman want to build the team around Torres. In fact I think Roman paying such a money for Torres was an act of despair. He was afraid of not getting into next CL and he believed Torres was the injection on fresh blood we needed to reach another CL final.

In the past there were a lot of players we payed huge amount of money, and after one single season they were already considered hopeless, like Shevchenko and W. Philips.

Agree with this completely!

Everyone's saying Torres will deliver next season, and I'm one of the ones who's also hopefully of this. HOWEVER we must be prepared if he doesn't recapture his past form. It's well documented his troubles go beyond the time he transferred to us (pre-World Cup).. So we really do have to prepare if he's unable to score, cue Falcao.

We all saw what happened last season when Didier Drogba got his malaria. Our whole attacking department broke down.

Everyone's saying Torres will deliver next season, and I'm one of the ones who's also hopefully of this. HOWEVER we must be prepared if he doesn't recapture his past form. It's well documented his troubles go beyond the time he transferred to us (pre-World Cup).. So we really do have to prepare if he's unable to score, cue Falcao.

We all saw what happened last season when Didier Drogba got his malaria. Our whole attacking department broke down.

Exactly, If Torres doesn't perform next season, then we're well and truly fucked.

Even if Drogba is still around, i don't expect him to bang in 20+ goals... so getting in another striker, especially somehow like Falcao is a good move imo.

If we buy Falcao, he will not be a Plan B for Torres. If Torres is on form, Villas will rotate both, just like Mourinho did with Drogba/Crespo and Drogba/Gujionsen. If he is in poor form, then he will be at bench every game and will leave in 2012 to Atletico de Madrid.