Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

Instead of blaming Ivanovic, where the hell is Willian.? He's not helping out and for that reason, Ivan is getting run-over with numbers up. He can't commit or tackle three players. Read the game guys.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of blaming Ivanovic, where the hell is Willian.? He's not helping out and for that reason, Ivan is getting run-over with numbers up. He can't commit or tackle three players. Read the game guys.

Ivanovic is being done on one on one situations. That doesn't have much to do with Willian.

i keep seeing him getting beaten one on one

Being bummed down the right side as usual. I honestly wonder how long a very big and slow defender will be given such free reign as a winger in the team...I mean, Iva managed to lose the ball at the OPPOSITIONS CORNER FLAG and was left on his arse. Not a sustainable model to be honest.

Ivanovic is being done on one on one situations. That doesn't have much to do with Willian.

Yes absolutely It does. He gets pulled out wide due to lack of help form Willian. Typically if he plays close to Cahill, the chances will not be there. So if he tries to prevent the ouside run, he gets burned inside, if he tries inside, he gets burned outside. Its a no win situation. Defending that deep is a team defense not a one on one defending.

Yes absolutely It does. He gets pulled out wide due to lack of help form Willian. Typically if he plays close to Cahill, the chances will not be there. So if he tries to prevent the ouside run, he gets burned inside, if he tries inside, he gets burned outside. Its a no win situation. Defending that deep is a team defense not a one on one defending.

Fullbacks get pulled wide all the time, it's their job to defend against that when they're facing their opposite number. He's not being passed around, he's getting beaten one on one by his opposite number.

Both Hazard and Cesc look miles off of full sharpness. Misplacing passes left and right.

Oscar really the only sharp attacking player.

Ivanovic getting skinned over and over. Our entire back 4 other than Azpi and our CM as well just can't handle pace. Same as last season.

Really good good football from us

what are you talking about? We suck, not even top4 quality, didn't that horrid pre-season tell you that?

That said, our defense looks very shaky and I almost wish Iva to be injured because José won't let him go and if this match is any sign (and many others every season) we're in for a thrilling season. #not

Hazard has been extremely poor. Lethargic & wasteful in possession. Needs to get into shape quickly. Unprofessional for him to start yet another season completely out of shape.

Ivanovic the worst player on the pitch by far & this will be JT's last year as a starter.

Oscar has been superb...

While I do agree Willian has nothing to do with Iva being so bad, if I were Mou I'd ask Willian to stick around to add to the numbers. Same old liability...

He needs to help out. Its group defending.