Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a winger's move. I played as a winger most of my playing career. Its about unbalancing a defender, by shifting the ball from side to side. Once you see his weight on the wrong foot, you play to that foot, because the defender can't move if his weight, if he is all over it. Any defender will struggle with that. This is where group defending comes in handy. This is where the extra man comes in handy to take one of the options away. You limit him to one side, you strong side. See what I mean. Willian goes to sleep and plays on Bafe. TIBO red carded. Willian is the culprit. He is playing total crap today.

Well I've played as a fullback a lot as well, and I know that when you show a winger outside its your responsibility to take care of the man, especially if you don't show him inside. Ivanovic is too slow as a fullback hence why he struggles.

Willian hasn't played amazingly well today but it's due Ivanovic's inability to deal with his opposite number that he had to drop back. No way Willian wouldn't be there if Montero didn't haven't Ivanovic in his pocket.