Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

Ivanovic is getting worse and worse in that right back position. Montero has him in his backpocket and it's incredibly frustrating. Their equaliser came from his side of the play and it continues to do so.

Mou once said "If I had a team of 11 Azpilicueta's I'd win the CL", well he only needs on at right-back and buy an able left-back!

Is this surprising though? He's getting old. Fullback is a young man's position, it's so demanding.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It honestly feels like our team has a stroke!!

On the right hand side, we look too sluggish and slow, and Swansea have the wind in their sails every time they go forward. Montero is pulling all the strings for them, passing, running into space, and in doing so, he's allowing himself to be an extra man near the box, which is killing Ivanovic especially because in comparison, he can't keep up with him!

Overall, great free kick from Oscar for 1-0.. really unfortunate for our defence to fail at the last minute at 1-1, and then a bit of luck from Willian's effort for 2-1..

I really feel like we need a new right back just so we can keep Ivanovic on his toes! One that's faster than him, and can get back quickly! Ivanovic is a year older from last season, and yeah I understand he tackles with no mess and is in important positions to score goals, but going up against small, young players with a low centre of gravity.. he is next to garbage!

He is doing his job as a second striker, but deployed wide due to his size. We do exactly the same thing with Hazard.

Is this surprising though? He's getting old. Fullback is a young man's position, it's so demanding.

Yeah I don't blame him tbh (though a bit of awareness would be nice), it ultimately falls back on the team selection. Mourinho is a genius, but he's got to wake up a bit here.