• Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Matic (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

This thread smells remarkably like burning plastic.

So many people shitting their pants and throwing all of their toys out of the pram due to pre season results xD.

Now having said that, the performances have been pretty shoddy all in all but I still have faith that we'll start the league with 7 points from our first 3 games and go on to lift the trophy. We look off the pace but have a decent enough home game to start and then one of our hardest games of the season next up but against a team that has also looked shit in pre season and off the pace also which will likely result in a 0-0 bore draw that both teams will be happy with. After those 2 games I feel like we'll finally be up and running and ready to play properly again.

I imagine if they do (win the league) this squad will once again be hailed as the "best Chelsea team ever" like they were last year rather than the "worst Chelsea team ever" like they have suddenly become now!!! Fickleness. Fickleness everywhere.

As a side note we did come back to training far, far too late this year. I'm personally putting it down to the stupid, pointless post season tour. This just proves beyond all doubt that we shouldn't do that again as it will compromise our actual season.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread smells remarkably like burning plastic.

So many people shitting their pants and throwing all of their toys out of the pram due to pre season results xD.

Now having said that, the performances have been pretty shoddy all in all but I still have faith that we'll start the league with 7 points from our first 3 games and go on to lift the trophy. We look off the pace but have a decent enough home game to start and then one of our hardest games of the season next up but against a team that has also looked shit in pre season and off the pace also which will likely result in a 0-0 bore draw that both teams will be happy with. After those 2 games I feel like we'll finally be up and running and ready to play properly again.

I imagine if they do (win the league) this squad will once again be hailed as the "best Chelsea team ever" like they were last year rather than the "worst Chelsea team ever" like they have suddenly become now!!! Fickleness. Fickleness everywhere.

As a side note we did come back to training far, far too late this year. I'm personally putting it down to the stupid, pointless post season tour. This just proves beyond all doubt that we shouldn't do that again as it will compromise our actual season.

sorry but if you can't see how poor our situation is then you are in for a rude awakening , I have seen nothing remotely positive and the season starts in 3 days time .

Seems anyone who is concerned is dubbed a "Plastic" , Im not sure what I should call those living in cloud cuckoo land

Oh and btw:

IMO:

----------------------Begovic--------------------------

---Aina-----ClarkeSalter-------Zouma-----Ake---

-----------------Mikel----------RLC-------------------

-Cuadrado----------Musonda----------Kenedy*-

------------------------Falcao-------------------------

Subs: Blackman, Kane, Ivanovic, Romeu, Chalobah, Traore, Boga, Marin, Moses, Salah, Solanke, Remy.

*Moses if not allowed to play, Piazon replacing Moses on the bench.

LOL. I guarantee NONE of those are going to start.

Team to play Fiorentina tonight: Begovic, Cuadrado, Zouma, Terry ©, Aina, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek, Traore, Oscar, Moses, Falcao. #CFC

8-Humble-Pie.png

talk about overreacting....

All because we hadn't signed anyone. Had we signed a thousand players like United and still looked bad, nobody would be saying the things they're saying.

I read people saying in this thread 'this is the same team that from the second half of last season' which is the same team as the first with the exception of Schurrle, who didn't play many games because he was dealing with mono... So we have exactly the same team that was amazing one year ago.

I agree with @The Skipper, we look off pace. We're not ready yet. I also don't understand why we started pre-season so late. Jason's explanation about a June tour makes no sense. Last year we had the WC and still play City in the USA (I guess two matches), so we also had a post-season mini tour.

I think maybe Mourinho and the medical department are thinking with the team dropping so much production at the second half, that if they gave them a better rest, it'd help. It's yet to be seen how it'll actually be in the regular season... but that's the only attempt of explanation I can find.

Either way, we haven't been playing that well, there are problems, but there's absolutely no reason to overreact. We're the frigging champions with exactly the same team. Have the other teams improved? That's yet to be seen. Last season Liverpool signed a thousand players, they were worse than before, Arsenal signed their usual, they were the same, 3rd (unless you actually count it as a real improvement from their usual 4th), United brought a competent (albeit sometimes crazy) manager and a bunch of new players and that was only enough for them to finish 4th.

The root of most people's complaints here is because we've had a quiet window - which also bothers me because I wanted us to sign a CB and a CM and most people agree with me. Thing is those players we're talking about are for most of you squad depth players, not even players for our first team. Some of you want Vidal, Pogba and I don't know who else, but sorry, none of those guys will displace Cesc or Matic. Others want a WC RW - which I don't even want. So you believe we would be a completely different team with a player replacing Matic or Cesc, another replacement for the defense and maybe Reus? We are those three players away from winning everything?

Sorry, you guys don't make sense. It feels just frustration because there hasn't been any money splash.

I'm in no way saying things are ideal, but I don't get where this overreaction is coming from. We could lose Saturday, it doesn't mean the league is lost. Get a grip.

talk about overreacting....

All because we hadn't signed anyone. Had we signed a thousand players like United and still looked bad, nobody would be saying the things they're saying.

I read people saying in this thread 'this is the same team that from the second half of last season' which is the same team as the first with the exception of Schurrle, who didn't play many games because he was dealing with mono... So we have exactly the same team that was amazing one year ago.

I agree with @The Skipper, we look off pace. We're not ready yet. I also don't understand why we started pre-season so late. Jason's explanation about a June tour makes no sense. Last year we had the WC and still play City in the USA (I guess two matches), so we also had a post-season mini tour.

I think maybe Mourinho and the medical department are thinking with the team dropping so much production at the second half, that if they gave them a better rest, it'd help. It's yet to be seen how it'll actually be in the regular season... but that's the only attempt of explanation I can find.

Either way, we haven't been playing that well, there are problems, but there's absolutely no reason to overreact. We're the frigging champions with exactly the same team. Have the other teams improved? That's yet to be seen. Last season Liverpool signed a thousand players, they were worse than before, Arsenal signed their usual, they were the same, 3rd (unless you actually count it as a real improvement from their usual 4th), United brought a competent (albeit sometimes crazy) manager and a bunch of new players and that was only enough for them to finish 4th.

The root of most people's complaints here is because we've had a quiet window - which also bothers me because I wanted us to sign a CB and a CM and most people agree with me. Thing is those players we're talking about are for most of you squad depth players, not even players for our first team. Some of you want Vidal, Pogba and I don't know who else, but sorry, none of those guys will displace Cesc or Matic. Others want a WC RW - which I don't even want. So you believe we would be a completely different team with a player replacing Matic or Cesc, another replacement for the defense and maybe Reus? We are those three players away from winning everything?

Sorry, you guys don't make sense. It feels just frustration because there hasn't been any money splash.

I'm in no way saying things are ideal, but I don't get where this overreaction is coming from. We could lose Saturday, it doesn't mean the league is lost. Get a grip.

HAVE you watched ANYTHING

I believe top 4 will be our only realistic target this season. This is one of the worst chelsea teams I have ever seen

It is basically the same squad that has walked the league last season. Didn't see you saying that is the worst you've seen back in May though...

HAVE you watched ANYTHING

yes, I did... how could I possible be talking about if I haven't?

Unlike many people here, I actually try to base my opinion in facts. They're still only opinions, but they come from my interpretation of facts.

You're all overreacting. You're making a circus out of some issues.

Also, with the season starting in three fucking days, did you guys expect the players to hit the ground and risk an injury? They were all there getting match time, but they wouldn't risk a muscular injury, much less risk other playing injuring them.

Sometimes I don't believe how shallow the thinking is... if there's any thinking at all involved, it seems just like regurgitation.

yes, I did... how could I possible be talking about if I haven't?

Unlike many people here, I actually try to base my opinion in facts. They're still only opinions, but they come from my interpretation of facts.

You're all overreacting. You're making a circus out of some issues.

Also, with the season starting in three fucking days, did you guys expect the players to hit the ground and risk and injury? They were all there getting match time, but they wouldn't risk a muscular injury, much less risk other playing injuring them.

Sometimes I don't believe how shallow the thinking is... if there's any thinking at all involved, it seems just like regurgitation.

OK give me the positives you have seen

sorry but if you can't see how poor our situation is then you are in for a rude awakening , I have seen nothing remotely positive and the season starts in 3 days time .

Seems anyone who is concerned is dubbed a "Plastic" , Im not sure what I should call those living in cloud cuckoo land

Wasn't really directed at you but i'll explain myself nonetheless. Calling this the worst Chelsea team ever on the back of 3 defeats in 5 pre season games is just plain hilarious. As soon as stuff starts going remotely wrong people start over-exaggerating and saying stupid shit like "this is the worst Chelsea team ever", "we need a dramatic overhaul of the squad" and "we'll struggle to scrape top 4 next season" is unloyal and plastic in the extreme.

I tell you what i've seen that's positive: We still have Mourinho (the best coach in the league, probably world), we still have the exact same players who won the league easily for us last season, we still have our star players Matic, Fabregas, Hazard and Costa and most importantly we won the damn league last year. We have not lost a competitive match since then.

If we play like this for the first 3/4 games of the season and come away with like 4 points then yeah, time to start freaking out. But I have faith that Chelsea haven't suddenly become a bad team that has forgotten how to win overnight. We haven't lost any first team players. We haven't lost our manager. I have faith that Chelsea will start the season with wins at the very least if not performances to match as I faith in the coaching staff and players that dragged us from 6th place in 2011-12 and the EL in 2012-13 to the title within 2 years.

OK give me the positives you have seen

did I say positive?

Isn't there something known as middle ground? The team is off pace, which I said, there are some issues, which I said, but this the same team that one year ago left everyone in awe about the way they were performing. I'd rather judge it later rather than now over preseason matches, especially one three days away from real competition.

So the fact we still have the best player in the league, the better assister, a hell of a goalkeeper, one of the best, if not the very best DM of the league, a great LB, capable strikers (at least two of them) are all positives in my book. I won't behave like hell is breaking lose before we even start the regular season. As I said, twice already, things aren't ideal. But it isn't a disaster yet anyway.

But you asked positives: Courtois is very much in form, Zouma was very solid, Hazard while a little quiet now, scored an amazing goal against Barça less than a week ago, JT continues to be in form, Matic continues to do a great work, Willian was amazing in the Barça and Arsenal matches. Should I stop or is that enough for you?

Wasn't really directed at you but i'll explain myself nonetheless. Calling this the worst Chelsea team ever on the back of 3 defeats in 5 pre season games is just plain hilarious. As soon as stuff starts going remotely wrong people start over-exaggerating and saying stupid shit like "this is the worst Chelsea team ever", "we need a dramatic overhaul of the squad" and "we'll struggle to scrape top 4 next season" is unloyal and plastic in the extreme.

I tell you what i've seen that's positive: We still have Mourinho (the best coach in the league, probably world), we still have the exact same players who won the league easily for us last season, we still have our star players Matic, Fabregas, Hazard and Costa and most importantly we won the damn league last year. We have not lost a competitive match since then.

If we play like this for the first 3/4 games of the season and come away with like 4 points then yeah, time to start freaking out. But I have faith that Chelsea haven't suddenly become a bad team that has forgotten how to win overnight. We haven't lost any first team players. We haven't lost our manager. I have faith that Chelsea will start the season with wins at the very least if not performances to match as I faith in the coaching staff and players that dragged us from 6th place in 2011-12 and the EL in 2012-13 to the title within 2 years.

I NEVER called it the worst Chelsea team ever .. I saw us lucky to avoid to relegation to the old £rd division . Your positives are all in the past .. Last season is

gone ,, Will we win THE DAMN LEAGUE this year , Two months ago I thought yes ,, Now I think not

did I say positive?

Isn't there something known as middle ground? The team is off pace, which I said, there are some issues, which I said, but this the same team that one year ago left everyone in awe about the way they were performing. I'd rather judge it later rather than now over preseason matches, especially one three days away from real competition.

So the fact we still have the best player in the league, the better assister, a hell of a goalkeeper, one of the best, if not the very best DM of the league, a great LB, capable strikers (at least two of them) are all positives in my book. I won't behave like hell is breaking lose before we even start the regular season. As I said, twice already, things aren't ideal. But it isn't a disaster yet anyway.

But you asked positives: Courtois is very much in form, Zouma was very solid, Hazard while a little quiet now, scored an amazing goal against Barça less than a week ago, JT continues to be in form, Matic continues to do a great work, Willian was amazing in the Barça and Arsenal matches. Should I stop or is that enough for you?

Nowhere near enough .. you are clutching at straws JT has been poor ONE goal from Hazard YIPPEEE So we have Courtois .. Im never impressed when our best

player is our keeper