BlueLion.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/24/2017 at 7:55 AM, manpe said:

We've been so lucky with backup keepers.. Cudicini, Cech two seasons ago, Begovic, (Terry). Even Hilario, despite all his faults, put in some spectacular performances when he first came. Bego is definitely good enough to be starting for somebody, as were Cudi and Cech.

Two words Ross Turnbell. Wouldn't be surprised if he was never on the winning side for us.

On 24/01/2017 at 9:33 PM, Unionjack said:

I dont understand WHY we would sell him unless hes said that he wants out. Its not like £12 mill will make or break us and would cost that to replace him

Seems daft,

He's a very good keeper, one IMO that is too good to sit on a bench. If he wants out, and I think he probably does, this is a very good move for him and whilst 12M won't break us it's a good return and can be used elsewhere.

You can't fault him for wanting to be first choice somewhere.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

He's a very good keeper, one IMO that is too good to sit on a bench. If he wants out, and I think he probably does, this is a very good move for him and whilst 12M won't break us it's a good return and can be used elsewhere.

You can't fault him for wanting to be first choice somewhere.

Of course not, never have never will. And I said that. It was more I was saying why WE would WANT to sell him UNLESS he had asked for it.

Like everyone is keen to say getting good replacements and upgrades is tough in winter as it oesnt leave clubs long to find replacements.

But I see in a few reports that Gordon has asked for a meet with Conte and he wamts the move.

I don't get him. He knew he would be 2nd keeper from the very beginning. And now he forfeits a epl winners neck for half a season at Bournemouth? It is annoying that the people who should be dealing with signings that actually matter now have to bargain a deal for this guy in he tiny bit o the transfer window left. 

15 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I don't get him. He knew he would be 2nd keeper from the very beginning. And now he forfeits a epl winners neck for half a season at Bournemouth? It is annoying that the people who should be dealing with signings that actually matter now have to bargain a deal for this guy in he tiny bit o the transfer window left. 

He was a fool to come here in the first place. Was so weird when it happened considering he was well regarded in this league as a starter.

"My future is something that will be sorted out over the next couple of days - obviously the club decide. For me, it is about wanting to play. I find it very difficult, not playing for a long time and that's something that I would like to do. If the club would allow me to do that, under the right circumstances, then that's what I'll do."

"[Losing on a Premier League medal is] a tough part and I hope the team lifts the title and maybe I will be part of that. But it is difficult when you don't play for a certain amount of time and that overrides everything."

"I am a footballer, I like to play and I came here to challenge myself. I have enjoyed everything so far and if I am still here then I will continue to work hard and that's all I can do."

"If [Chelsea do not allow me to leave], I will continue to work hard and support everyone and the team. I have a huge respect for the manager and the club so they know my feelings and it is nothing other than wanting to play.

"Of course [I thought I could compete with Courtois], because chances to play for Chelsea don't come around every day and top clubs like this in general. When [transfers to a big club like Chelsea] come around, if you don't believe in yourself and don't think things can happen for yourself, then you shouldn't be in this game."

"I truly believed there was a chance and something could happen, and ultimately I didn't get as many games as I would have liked."

"Thibaut is on absolute fire this year and is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, I knew that, and I wanted to test myself against those guys. I feel like I am one of them but unfortunately no club is big enough to have two really good goalkeepers.”

"I am 29, 30 in the summer and I feel fantastic. I feel in such great shape that it would be a waste not to play and show people what I can do. I do believe that I can play at this level and show everyone what I can do and that remains to be seen."

Fair enough from him, genuine bloke and a very nice person to have at the club. Maybe they will bring him back when hes 36 or so :D Best of luck in the future!

17 hours ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

So Asmir, Ivanovic, mikel and Oscar. All good squad players get sold and replace by no one or someone inferior while we have a good chance of winning the league with an already small squad.
Well done the board again.

Yet some people genuinely don't think Emenalo should be removed. This has happened multiple times now, and each time, the manager has clearly identified and wanted targets. It's not Abramovich shrugging off potential purchases, he's too high up for that, it isn't Buck who's responsible.

So there's only 2 candidates.

Emenalo, and Granovskaia. This dire situation has repeated itself before Granovskaia even arrived, though. 

Anyone thinking Emenalo doesn't need removed would be terrible at running a big company with employees.

19 minutes ago, Leif said:

Yet some people genuinely don't think Emenalo should be removed. This has happened multiple times now, and each time, the manager has clearly identified and wanted targets. It's not Abramovich shrugging off potential purchases, he's too high up for that, it isn't Buck who's responsible.

So there's only 2 candidates.

Emenalo, and Granovskaia. This dire situation has repeated itself before Granovskaia even arrived, though. 

Anyone thinking Emenalo doesn't need removed would be terrible at running a big company with employees.

Emenalo is a clown. Gets a lot of hate, but I think it's totally deserved.

This fool loans out more than 30 players. That's ridiculous on it's own.

1 hour ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Emenalo is a clown. Gets a lot of hate, but I think it's totally deserved.

This fool loans out more than 30 players. That's ridiculous on it's own.

We don't even have 30 scouts, so we know off the bat that most of our 30 loaned players aren't even being watched consistently by the club. Sending out only 5 or so at a time would ensure we see full seasons of each player and get actual indepth reports on them. For as long as our loan system is Quanity over Quality we will be the McDonalds of youth with not much quality being produced. It's much better to spend longer crafting an amazing dish & only serving 5 people that day, then because of that obscene quality, charging an obscene price (or enjoying the meal all to yourself.) Right now, we're just winging it. No enterprise that takes itself seriously just wings things and sees how they go. We have no strategy in this department, and it is 100% Emenalo who's top dog here in terms of outgoing loans.