Arda Turan

Adnane

Reports - Manchester United ready £28m bid for Atletico Madrid star http://talksport.com/football/reports-manchester-united-ready-ps28m-bid-atletico-madrid-star-150625152167

But Arda prefers Chelsea according to AS :

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2015/06/25/primera/1435193955_718312.html

BTW, Ahmet Bulut, Arda's agent, is Jorge Mendes' ( who else ? ) partner.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk if its opinions changing or that there's just an entirely different bunch of people on here now but when we were looking to sign him for around £20m 2/3 seasons ago you'd struggle to find 3 members on here who didn't follow the crowd in calling him a shit and useless player just because he lacked pace

Turan is certainly (much) more comfortable playing on the right than Willian is (due to his almost Hazard-like levels of technique), but I simply cannot agree that he has anything approaching genuine pace; he's about as 'fast' as Oscar is, maybe even a little less, and I can't see Mourinho willingly choosing to play such a player in wide positions.

Turan's main strengths are his brilliant technique, vision when in possession, short passing, and general work-rate; it would be an utter waste of such a player (an older, stronger, much more technical version of Oscar) to shunt him off to the RM where his ability to influence play (even when interchanging positions) would be diminished. He works (or worked) at RM in Atletico's system, but I very much doubt that he would be as effective for us in a similar role if we continue to use the 4-2-3-1; we attack, maintain possession, and defend using very different methods to those employed at Atletico, even if there are superficial similarities between our approaches (e.g. priority is given to defending, the defence plays deep, domination of possession is not viewed as essential etc.)

There is a difference between pace and acceleration. Willian has a lot of more pace then Turan, but Turan has a better first step that he uses to break away from a defender.

Nah...

Very constructive just like 99% of your pointless posts.

I think he is a very good player, just not what we need right now. Sterling is a better option, be it slightly more expensive.

He is a fantastic player and I think PL would fit him like a glove. But he is hardly a goal threat. He always looks to assist rather than score and I think he'd be ruthless with Hazard to his left AND another top winger to his right. Or atleast a winger that is a better finisher than Willian and Cuadrado.

Nontheless, I'd have him here for his his versatily and for the right price. Filipe Luis + 20m? Sounds like a good deal for both parties if you ask me.

Very constructive just like 99% of your pointless posts.

I think he is a very good player, just not what we need right now. Sterling is a better option, be it slightly more expensive.

they don't need to be constructive.... they are pointless...

Mourinho to let Filipe leave and Chelsea favorites to sign Arda

Atlético and Chelsea, once again have common interests. The names of Filipe Luis, and now Arda Turan are a focal point in ongoing discussions.

LINK. http://as.com/diarioas/2015/06/25/english/1435227362_022050.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to reports in Spain, specifically the main sports newspaper in Madrid "AS", the favorite option for Arda Turan is to play with Chelsea next season, ahead of City, United, Arsenal and Liverpool (in that order).

In addition, the representative of Arda Turan, Ahmet Bulut, is a partner for Jorge Mendes, which could help to make his signing.

Luis Filipe could be part of the deal, but Jose wants to have a replacement for him before letting to let out Filipe Luis, with Baba Rahman as favorite choice and Alderweireld as a player for which we are interested.

About Arda Turan, I go to the Vicente Calderon stadium every time Atletico Madrid plays at home and I know what Arda Turan means for Atletico Madrid fans for Atletico Madrid, and Arda Turan is like a religion to them. Their fans are absolutely in love with him. Where I have my seat at Vicente Calderon All fans say that Turan is "The Turkish madness"
(“La locura turca” in Spanish) and for all the fans he is some kind of god. It's a tremendous feeling of devotion.

To me his signing would be like when Jose signed Sneijder with Inter Milan. Obviously Turan plays as Right-winger and he is different than Sneijder, but he seems like a player with a mentality and ability to motivate similar to Sneijder. He was a disaster at Real Madrid and Jose made him resurrect in Inter Milan.

Turan is a player who needs a manager who knows how to motivate him, as does Simeone with him. But Turan can not play every match, two matches a week and ninety minutes. So he could play with us as right-winger but we would still need Willian in that position for not melt physically Arda Turan. But Arda Turan well physically reaches the end of the season he is totally unstoppable, and to achieve this Jose would have to change his policy of not rotate players throughout the season and give rest to Arda Turan throughout the season to ensure that he has to reach its highest level at the end of the season.

I believe that maybe 41 million euros (£ 29.18 million pounds) is a lot of money. That is the amount of its clause of the contract, But it is perhaps very high.

I believe that Atletico Madrid will make every effort to keep Arda Turan with them, but according to reports he is fully determined to leave Atletico Madrid this summer...

Arda is one of those players who seem magicians and they are forever remembered by fans for his special magic. But those drops of magic comes with a dropper, like good perfumes, and Jose or Simeone are perfect for this type of player.

Regards.

Just doesn't seem like the player we should be signing at all, as good as he is. We already have one impotent attacking midfielder in Willian. We need more goals from that position.

He's definitely a Mourinho type player and would be perfect if we didn't have Willian.

idk if its opinions changing or that there's just an entirely different bunch of people on here now but when we were looking to sign him for around £20m 2/3 seasons ago you'd struggle to find 3 members on here who didn't follow the crowd in calling him a shit and useless player just because he lacked pace

I think it was more that he was a Galatasaray player. Now he has won trophies in Spain and is perceived as a 'hot commodity'. Nationality, league, and physical attributes (or lack thereof) can really pull the wool over some people's eyes.

I must admit Ive never watched AM and took special notice about him. Thinking about him as a real neutral what are his strengths and weaknesses?

I'm no expert on Arda Turan nor Atleti but whoscored lists his strengths as:

Passing
Dribbling
Holding on to the ball
Defensive contribution

Likes to do layoffs

Likes to play short passes

Likes to tackle

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/21501/Show/Arda-Turan

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You