Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-making-final-70m-push-to-sign-oxlade-chamberlain-and/gtvmksfnb3lj161qh67owvi71

Article says Liverpool cooled their interest in Ox. That might be true since they're trying to sign Lemar. Also, this is not related but they have a deal to sign Naby Keita next summer.

I feel like the expectations are way too high. If he joins, Chelsea fans should realise the club didn't sign prime Dani Alves or Carvajal.

Ox is an experiment at wingback. He possesses the physical and technical attributes for the position, but the question is if he possesses the tactical acumen and mental fortitude for the role.

He was never my favourite option for the role but I would like to see him join because I think he's a better footballer than Moses. Easily. And if he isn't good enough at wingback, he at least provides a decent back-up on the wings.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Lots and lots of Chelsea fans on Twitter crying and saying "Liverpool are signing Keita and Lemar and we're going after Ox and Drinkwater!!1"

It's not about them crying, it's expecting signings higher in quality than these two.

We are the Premier League Champions. I expected us to show a bit more ambition than filling the squad with the mediocrity with the likes of Drinkwater, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and the like. We need to improve the squad, not settle for inferior players.

I'm surprised more people aren't annoyed to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Dingus said:

It's not about them crying, it's expecting signings higher in quality than these two.

We are the Premier League Champions. I expected us to show a bit more ambition than filling the squad with the mediocrity with the likes of Drinkwater, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and the like. We need to improve the squad, not settle for inferior players.

I'm surprised more people aren't annoyed to be honest.

We have plenty of quality players in the squad. We signed Morata, Bakayoko and Rudiger. Liverpool make one top class signing every couple years, if that. Our ambitions are high. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You