Jase

Man of the Match  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three shots on target, three goals. Not sure whether it is good or bad but it is definitely not good stats for their gk. If we win the remaining games in this way, I could not care less.

I have always been a fan of Ivanovic (who can forget his headed goals against the likes of Liverpool in the UCL and Benefica in the UEL final?) - but he has been poor ever since the Man Utd game.

And as I've mentioned it before, the Brazilians need to go: Oscar, Willian, and Ramires. They lack genuine quality, physical strength given the nature of the game in the EPL, but most importantly: the mental strength to defend a lead and to see the game out. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is the worst Brazilian generation to play football since the 1950's, or in fact, in their history as evidenced by their total collapse in the 2014 World Cup - in which they suffered the worst defeat in their history.

Big games coming up ahead: Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United. That's 9 points either lost or gained. Mourinho needs to sort out this mess, our luck will sooner or later run out.

We also played some really good football at times. Especially before we conceded the first goal. Hopefully the international break will do our players some good.

Our attacking play was really good,but our defensive mistakes make me furious.Iva and Cahill have to be benched.Sometimes,I believe that Jose thinks that both of them are some holy creatures and that´s why he does not bench them^^.

Nevertheless,I just hope that we will win this league.Winningthis match was crucial for our moral and even though our defensive mistakes were really bad,I am very happy that our offensive play improved so much compared to the last two or three matches.Cesc and Costa are getting back to normal

We also played some really good football at times. Especially before we conceded the first goal. Hopefully the international break will do our players some good.

I agree. Thought our football was excellent today, despite the two stupid goals I always felt our start and good football stood us in goos stead.

Another game where our goal keeper was MOTM. It's a very worry some trend and a reflection of our form since late December. we can't even defend properly anymore ffs.

We do have major dip. Mou seems to react in a conservative way, which is what conservatives do: rely on the backbone of the team and guard the defensive automatics. In this stage, i can accept it. We need to win the league. But, as you implied frequently, and it has truth in it, we need to have an attacking plan as well, Mou being shit in some tactical situations (the PSG thing still bothers me.), and some serious leadership issues on young player management is a burden. The motivational aspect, it looks a bit off. Our guys look like they are afraid to fuck up, they look scared a bit. Leadership is key here. José is a great manager, but i also think his % of guru-ism' is a tad high.

- First of all, don't you dare blame Courtois for the idiocy of Ivanovic. What the fuck was he thinking with that awful back-pass? Better throw it out for a corner than that. He has also some responsibility for the first goal which by the way Luis couldn't do anything about since that brilliant cross was played.

- Tibo triple save, triple orgasms.

- Hazard MOTM for me. Beautiful goal and fought well the whole 90 minutes.

- How good was Cesc? Aside from the assist, his passing was good and he also had a couple of his trademark long passes to the strikers. Hopefully he is back on form.

- Here is one who's not getting close to be back on form: Matic. Is he tired?. It's his first full season with us so this needs to be looked into for the future.

- Luis was great also. He needs to be employed there with Azpi on the right. He helps when the other team press. Him, Cesc and Hazard mainly can get us out of situations and this will improve us in the big games also. Willian is also good at that and hopefully with Azpi on his natural side that will do it. Don't know why Jose is afraid to do it. Baffling this.

- We are getting exposed in defence but also predictable in attack. We need more runners inside the box. We just sit outside the box passing relentlessly (and not even doing that well sometimes). Someone has to either make a run or just shoot long range at some point. We can't take full advantage of our players' skills if we continue like this.