• Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnley was one of the poorest sides that visited the Bridge this year, if not the poorest.

One shot on target early in the second half - the deflection parried by Courtois. Then one more after the sending off (save by Courtois, corner kick - goal in the continuation).

Chelsea's enemies were Atkinson - extremely poor finishing - Matic.

Matic was a fool. Even if the other one kicked him in dead time and not during play he had no business to retaliate.

That last bit is ridiculous. Matic has never showed so much emotion, that tackle was bad enough to provoke that reaction from him, then it was as bad as it looked. It could have broken his leg, could have ended his season and our season. Not to mention the tackle on Ivanovic by Barnes.

I have been waiting to post. Needed to let the emotions subside.

First, regardless of the decisions or lack thereof during the match, we should be able to finish off Burnley. We just weren't focused enough the first 25 minutes of the second half to do what a top of table team should do to a relegation fodder squad. Its on us for not getting 2 or 3 goals ahead even with the atrocious display of officiating.

That all being said, what a bunch of garbage that was yesterday. #30 for Burnley, who shall remain nameless, should have been sent off several times prior to the "straight red card" attack on Matic. We are fortunate Matic is not lost for the season with a horrific injury. Though it hurts us, Matic's response was fully understandable and in many ways was more representative of the entire club's frustration coming out for the poor officiating that has gone against Chelsea all season. It gets old. I think it is galvanizing the players, club and fans as one in an effort to overcome these agendas. The blatant handball and penalty on Costa are laughable.

I will give the media pundits some credit, in the UK, US and around the world, they all agree that there were many egregious calls in this match against the Blues and it is becoming a recurring theme.

Jose will surely rally the squad with an "us" vs the FA mentality. Let's get after it from here through the end of May. I want to be there when we hoist the Barclay's Trophy and stick it to the FA.

OK, rant off.

Let's get ready for Spurs.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

We did enough to win the match imo. You don't have to be brilliant to deserve to win. You just have to be better than the opponent. We were and we would have won it if it weren't for filthy Atkinsonofabitch. End of.

Best league in the world worth 5 billion but the officiating gets more and more abysmal year by year. Unacceptable. Look what happened again today on poor Southampton.

I have been waiting to post. Needed to let the emotions subside.

First, regardless of the decisions or lack thereof during the match, we should be able to finish off Burnley. We just weren't focused enough the first 25 minutes of the second half to do what a top of table team should do to a relegation fodder squad. Its on us for not getting 2 or 3 goals ahead even with the atrocious display of officiating.

That all being said, what a bunch of garbage that was yesterday. #30 for Burnley, who shall remain nameless, should have been sent off several times prior to the "straight red card" attack on Matic. We are fortunate Matic is not lost for the season with a horrific injury. Though it hurts us, Matic's response was fully understandable and in many ways was more representative of the entire club's frustration coming out for the poor officiating that has gone against Chelsea all season. It gets old. I think it is galvanizing the players, club and fans as one in an effort to overcome these agendas. The blatant handball and penalty on Costa are laughable.

I will give the media pundits some credit, in the UK, US and around the world, they all agree that there were many egregious calls in this match against the Blues and it is becoming a recurring theme.

Jose will surely rally the squad with an "us" vs the FA mentality. Let's get after it from here through the end of May. I want to be there when we hoist the Barclay's Trophy and stick it to the FA.

OK, rant off.

Let's get ready for Spurs.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Well said. We're in trouble if one goal from Burnley is enough to make us drop points. I get that they were on an up lately but we should be brushing these teams aside with ease. It's the same old problem we had last season. Hopefully it doesn't cost us because I'll be fucking livid.

First of all, I think it's a joke that if a referee saw an incident, the FA won't take any action regardless of how wrong was it.

With that being said, I think it's even a bigger joke that Atkinson will referee at the next matchday (or at any game in his life).

It's even worse when the referee saw the incident and decided not to take out ANY card for that kind of a tackle.

If i'm a football player i'll be pretty scared to be on a pitch with Atkinson, who will stop c*nts like Barnes to end my career?