Ashley Cole

Madmax

Oh please, the FA just don't want to loose their most consistent player. Cole should retire from international duties after the way they just discarded his testimony #BunchOfTwats

Why bother? Seems that those bunch of idiots that is the English media etc want to toss Cole out of the squad and have Baines to replace him.

And right now, I'm actually more concerned regarding his contract situation with the club.

Just pleased he'll make 100 caps. Though tbh I can't imagine a domestic ban will be enforced when an international one wasn't...

Oh, I agree. I'm not bothered at all about England but I like to see Chelsea players perform well for them and Ashley Cole getting to 100 caps will be fantastic. Hopefully Lamps will make it too. Both completely deserve it.

Ashley Cole is just an absolute beast of a player. He is the best left back to have graced football in my humble opinion and the shambles of an Association that is the FA should bow down to his wonderful feet and kiss them until he is satisfied.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2217686/Ashley-Cole-leave-Chelsea-end-season.html#ixzz29JTaoBwx

More rumours that Ash will be moving on at the end of his contract this season. I can genuinely see this happening, but I also support the club's stance on the contract situation. If they cave in to Cole, then he will be 34 by the end of his new contract and presumably still on big money. If he were to go I'd like to think the club will give Bertrand the first chance to replace him, and if Robbie is still here next season I think that will happen. Bertrand is not as good as Cole but I believe further development over this season and a full season as first choice left back next season and he will be a top left back.

Within the article it also says Lampard likely to move on aswell. I think this depends on Lamps' mindset. Cole will move to a big european club, PSG perhaps and continue playing at a high level. However Lampard's options will be much more limited at 35 and if he were to move to the MLS like it's speculated that would be the end of his international career. If Lampard is still within the England squad towards the end of the season, he may want to keep playing at the highest level and stay at Chelsea one more year, possibly get a World Cup swansong and 100 caps (which would be fully deserved) and then move on.

He's gone, we saw this with Drogba and Joe Cole, thinking they would sign the contracts eventually, neither of them did and left.

Lampard might accept reduced terms for the world cup swansong like Superblue said as his options will be limited but Cole can go elsewhere in Europe to clubs that will happily match his wages and better the length of contract so there is no two ways about it, Ash is on the way out of Stamford Bridge, lets make the most of him while we still can.

I would assume (especially if Robbie is still around) Ryan Bertrand will be made number 1, my biggest worry is who will be made number 2, Deen-Conteh has disappeared off the face of earth and Van Aanholt is crap.

I would assume (especially if Robbie is still around) Ryan Bertrand will be made number 1, my biggest worry is who will be made number 2, Deen-Conteh has disappeared off the face of earth and Van Aanholt is crap.

Van Aanholt has been massively impressive at Vitesse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2217686/Ashley-Cole-leave-Chelsea-end-season.html

According to Daily Mail, Cole is set leave the club after rejecting a contract extension.

Considering that it's from Daily Mail, gonna just take it with a pinch of salt at the moment.