Chelsea 2-4 Bradford

Jase

Man of the Match  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

disastrous result, ashamed of them all. Complete humiliation and we got exactly what we deserved. Very, very big week for us on the back of that. Victimpool on Tuesday, who will be bang up for it, and Citeh on Saturday. Two games I feel that we have 100% have to win.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was nothing wrong with Jose's tactics. There was no difference to the way we have played all season. This result is all on the players. Their performance in the 2nd half was shambolic.

Salah had a shocker. Drogba was awful. Oscar was anonymous. Christensen isn't ready for this type of high pressure football (see the Christensen thread for what I mean by that at 2-3)

The one thing I will criticise Jose on is substitutions as I have mentioned before. Bradford were on top from the 1st minute of the 2nd half but for some reason he waited until 65th ish minute to make a change.

For some reason Bradford wanted it more. Were first to every ball, were stronger in the tackle etc, etc. That for me is the players attitude not the managers tactics.

I just feel like its a tactically bad decision to play with no holding midfielder, while you're still in the lead. I'd have put Ake on over Cesc when Mikel had to come off.

And saying there was no difference to the way we have played all season isn't necessarily a good thing. Same tactics doesn't mean same result. All teams are different. You have to approach the game differently sometimes. And maybe playing the same tactics all the time is what makes us easy to read. It seems that teams are becoming well aware of our weaknesses.

There was nothing wrong with Jose's tactics. There was no difference to the way we have played all season. This result is all on the players. Their performance in the 2nd half was shambolic.

Salah had a shocker. Drogba was awful. Oscar was anonymous. Christensen isn't ready for this type of high pressure football (see the Christensen thread for what I mean by that at 2-3)

The one thing I will criticise Jose on is substitutions as I have mentioned before. Bradford were on top from the 1st minute of the 2nd half but for some reason he waited until 65th ish minute to make a change.

For some reason Bradford wanted it more. Were first to every ball, were stronger in the tackle etc, etc. That for me is the players attitude not the managers tactics.

My feeling in the ground yesterday was that the players wanted to believe that they could outplay Bradford. What some of these people don't realise is how lucky they are to be at Chelsea. There are a number of those players who, if they were at Bradford might be struggling to get a game. Some of our players are very ordinary. We've made progress over the last two windows but more needs to be done.

Dumbest comment. We scored goals. We just conceded more which doesnt really have to do with our striker being 37 years old...

Tbf if Drogba played better, we might have scored more than 2 goals. But he was busy taking shots from midfield and giving the ball away like Salah ;)

I just feel like its a tactically bad decision to play with no holding midfielder, while you're still in the lead. I'd have put Ake on over Cesc when Mikel had to come off.

And saying there was no difference to the way we have played all season isn't necessarily a good thing. Same tactics doesn't mean same result. All teams are different. You have to approach the game differently sometimes. And maybe playing the same tactics all the time is what makes us easy to read. It seems that teams are becoming well aware of our weaknesses.

I'd have started with Ake & Cesc. Lining up with a midfield trio of Mikel, Oscar & Ramies isn't asking for trouble, it's standing on a platform and screaming for it. Not everyone agrees that Oscar's passing is a problem but most would accept that it's definitely not the strongest part of his game. Rather than having others around to help him exploit his strengths, he found his team needing him to be the main distributor because his two partners yesterday are not up to it. To get away with that team selection we would have needed a slice of fortune. It didn't arrive.

Let's remember also that a weak attack piles extra pressure on the defence. It's not for nothing people say that the best defence is a strong offence.

We have a strong first team so let's use it over the next six days. Pick up a couple of wins and we'll banish yesterday's horror show.

surprised lost by 4.every time they came forward which was often they looked like scoring.if wasn't deserved be more ahh about it but it was.they played bloody well and to beat us at home after going behind is a huge achievement

Least weren't Millwall.been madness after

Was it a tactical issue from our side or was it just the players getting complacent after going to 2-0 up?