• Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it did for the last 2 weeks all that has been in the English media is how Chelsea are cheats and divers. Refs are human beings that can be swayed by popular opinion and that is what happened on Fabregas penalty. Should have been given but not due to the fact we had caught having players blatantly dive, Cahill Ivanovic and Willian

I disagree. Every game is different and every situation should be judged as such. Refs can't be influenced by the media or they shouldn't be it's what makes a ref poor

I thought Luis was quite alright. He looks suspect a few times in the defense, and even with the few misplaced crosses, I think he adds more offensively than Azpilicueta on the left back. Ivan looked quite a bit worse, all his crosses seemed bad and he let them way too easily through when defending a few times. Would really like to see both Luis and Azpilicueta start.

I disagree. Every game is different and every situation should be judged as such. Refs can't be influenced by the media or they shouldn't be it's what makes a ref poor

The key word is shouldn't be but lets face it as humans we all have certain things that we were influenced to do. I fully believe that he and all other referees when a Chelsea player goes down in the box will think dive first unless the contact is a firm challenge, and we only have ourselves to blame for the poor sporting behaviour. Ivan is one of the most powerful fullbacks in Europe if not the most and goes down at slightest to no contact that should not be happening and had our players not been booked previously for simulation then we just may have gotten the pk today

but that is just my opinion I feel we will have to agree to disagree on this one

Felt like shit after the game, but at least Burnley saved the day.

Hazard and Cesc were class, but it's dissapointing to see that Chelsea could not exploit that right wing more.

Targett is inexperienced and should have been the key to this match. A more direct player would have tore him apart. Man this team screams for a Robben/Bale type of player.

No time to cry though. WHL in a few days and that game is a must win. Pretty sure Sunderland won't bail us out again, like Burnley did today.

one shot on target not enough from us. away from that, so so first half, very nice and slick passing and movement second half, but couldn't get the ball into the box, not by brana and nor by Luis. I hope very much Luis gets a run out there at RB, and put Brana at CB or bench, he is no RB I'm stating this for 3 succesive seasons now.

Luis is a bit rusty so you can understand he doesn't deliver the ball quite to his standards, but Bane is the same week after week.

The behaviour of many members here resembles the behaviour of a toddler.. give them candy and they'll shut up (West Ham post-match thread: 4 pages), take away the candy and they'll go crazy (this thread: 10+ pages.. could have been more had City won).

Luck is what wins you trophies.

Finaly someone who agrees on that.

"unlucky" isnt even excuse and people still say it. Its just so that you feel better instead of saying we were bad/uninspired/unorganised in final third.

Luck is what gives edge to winners but is closely connected to those teams with winning mentality, balls, fighting spirit. It doesnt just happen out of nowhere. Maybe one game but not whole tournament.

And if we will continue to being "unlucky" no fucking way we will win title. Thankfuly city drew too and its mental advantage for us because they were on winning streak and they drew easy match that was already won.

Still have to see how burnley managed to rescue a point from city, 2-0 up against that lot should be 3pts.

The football gods were not frowning on us that's for sure, we had good industry and probed well just couldn't get the decider. Willian was a useless sub would've liked to see Remy get more than a cameo.

Haha, what a bunch of kids you lot are. We played great football today, dominated the 2nd half completely and were very unlucky in front of goal (and were robbed by the ref). We had many chances even though we didn't convert them to shooting opportunities and it was really a one game thing because we shoot more than most of the teams in the league.

The amount of BS that was written in this thread is beyond belief, "never play Schurrle, Luis is shit, Iva is shit"... Ridiculous.

We are in a better position now compared to the same moment of the double season and you are still bitching.

Shit happens, great game today, roll on to Spurs!

We don't have that United-Ferguson era winning mentality, when was the last time we won a game in the final minutes?..

Tbf, even during 04-10 we rarely scored late goals to win, has never really been our strong point.

Sad tie. At least City also tied ...

I think today we did not play our best game but we played a good match. I think we had three errors:

1. Andre Schurrle. He has already shown many times that he do not have the level to play with us. I think we have to sell it right now.

2. The pair of Mikel - Matic today has not found the course of the game. Mikel is often a mystery and today his performance was quite lost after making good games in December. The strange to was the performance offered by Matic. he have now been misplaced on the pitch and the perfomance was very low after we have become accustomed to having a complete player in every game.

3. We have to solve the problem of shots on goal. In this forum we talked about that a solution would be the long distance shots, I comment that we could encourage the plays from the sidelines. I think today we use the moves of the side but lacking we shoot at goal. Diego Costa is the best striker we can have but for games in which we dominated much and we have so much space Diego has to make an effort to change their mindset to be ready for shots on goal as usually done Didier Drogba. Also we should try the long distance shots.

Also the referee was horrible.

Forgetting this, today we did a good match,we have controlled the game at all times, with Cesc playing spectacular with an incredible performance being an authentic leader. Jose could go wrong taking a Schurrle, yes, but he was brave with changes in the last minute and had several occasions where we could win the game.

It was a sad setback, but we have to rise because within four days we have the next stop to The Quadrupe against Tottenham on Thursday January 1st.

I believed, I believe, and still believe in our team.

Tbf, even during 04-10 we rarely scored late goals to win, has never really been our strong point.

It's the most frustrating thing about us, and it's the ultimate test of character too, to be able to keep your head and step it up a level against the clock. We were panicky against Newcastle in similar moments, passes were not being strung together in the same way.