Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

We're gonna be forced to switch out our natural shield to the back four, why on earth do people want to switch our back 4 as well? its all about understanding and familiarity, I for one don't want to see any changes made to the back four. The midfield is a completely different story, without Matic I think the smart move is to play Mikel and Ramires with Cesc. I would play Oscar wide right and Hazard on the left because I think this will provide us with the most flexibility in formation and variation from attacking runs.

Pardew is a proud man, he won't park the bus at home like Sunderland. He spoke about the importance of getting at us in order to get something out of the game which I truly hope they do! We have been good at soaking up pressure the past few weeks. I can see this game being WIDE open and the possibility for goals being great. The need for Mikel in this game is SO important, Cesc and Ramires will likely be overpowered I don't see that happening with Mikel.

Costa has to be Costa again. We will need an early goal but we also need to control the first 10-15mins of the second half. If we surrender too much of the possession to them early in the second I can envision it being a very difficult game to get a result in... This fixture worries me more than most, early kickoff at a ground we don't have a lot of luck in. Its rare we look good in early kickoffs away, hoping this is the season to put this to bed much like we have the poor November.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long journey, that. I've never been to the North-East before. I hope you and you kid have a good time and enjoy the game!

I'm based in the north east mate so it's not a big journey. I've booked to go via rail to avoid parking the car up, not only that I can have a drink :D

Last week Sunderland this week Newcastle......expensive do in all- But it's what you sacrifice for the team and son you love.

I'm based in the north east mate so it's not a big journey. I've booked to go via rail to avoid parking the car up, not only that I can have a drink :D

Last week Sunderland this week Newcastle......expensive do in all- But it's what you sacrifice for the team and son you love.

Enjoy! Bring The 3 Points! :D

Ah, I see. I don't know why I assumed you lived down south or something.

when I was young the nearest top clubs to me were Newcastle and Preston N E .. usually went to St James' about 3 times a year

For me i'd play (assuming Ake is out and Rambo is fit):

--------------Courtois-----------------

---Ivan-----Cahill----JT-----Azpi---

----------------Mikel-------------------

-------Ramires---------Oscar-------

-Willian----------------------Hazard-

----------------Costa------------------

Subs: Cech, Luis, Zouma, Fabregas, Schurrle, Remy, Drogba.

We need Ramires' legs and Mikel's shielding of the back 4 as others have said. And I thought that Fab looked far more in need of a rest than Oscar so i'd drop Oscar back into a 3 man midfield. I've always thought that he'd work well there.

Fabregas ready to come off the bench if we're in trouble for Oscar/Ramires. Everyone can have a proper rest in the week against Sporting.

This is not a good match to rotate to Cesc. He will have time to rest against Sporting.

This game should favour us for a few reasons. First, we are built to cope with playing two matches in a week, Newcastle aren't. Second, Tim Krul is out and has been a great shot stopper for them. I can't imagine a scenario where we won't score, its a question of whether we can keep the clean sheet streak alive.

This is not a good match to rotate to Cesc. He will have time to rest against Sporting.

Fair. But I think we need Mikel & Ramires in a 3 man midfield without Matic. So assuming we keep our best wingers (Willian & Hazard) it's a straight shootout between Cesc and Oscar, and I think Oscar has looked less knackered and more effective recently. So I chose Oscar. Cesc would work too though.

With no Matic @ Newcastle away. Let's face it, it's our biggest test yet and possibly the whole season's.

Having said that i hope that Newcastle somehow forget how they're always up for it against us so that we can smash them, otherwise it's going to be very tough.

As for our Midfield i'd go with Oscar, Cesc, Rami, Willian, Eden and pray it's enough. Maybe save Mikel for second half.

Yes Matic is suspended and can be a really big blow. Newcastle is always tough team to play in St.James Park.

Pardew confirmed that Coloccini will be back for this match and also said that they need to threaten us because we look terrific. We(CHELSEA) are a great team who are strong and organised.

I expect a really tough match. City will play Everton and you never know. #agentLukaku.

I'm pretty confident that Everton will get crushed . We need to win at Newcastle