Petr Cech

eldo

Still don't know...

A tough decision. I understand mate. Its awful losing our favourite player. But since seeing Frankie in that awful color blue it made me realize we should be about the club 1st. We can love what they do for us but we cant afford sentiment in team selection. But then again I will always love Zola. (But he never buggered off to the Gooners Ha!)

The way i look at it, loyalty is a two way street. Clubs will not hesitate to discard a player after they are no longer useful, fans will turn on a legend if they overstay(think Raul), why the hell would you expect players to be loyal?

I guess it is easy for most to be a hypocrite.

If most of you were in Cech shoes you would do the same. If he can't spend the rest of his career as Chelsea no.1 GK, then the next best choice for him would be Arsenal. It makes perfect sense for Cech.

The way i look at it, loyalty is a two way street. Clubs will not hesitate to discard a player after they are no longer useful, fans will turn on a legend if they overstay(think Raul), why the hell would you expect players to be loyal?

If most of you were in Cech shoes you would do the same. If he can't spend the rest of his career as Chelsea no.1 GK, then the next best choice for him would be Arsenal. It makes perfect sense for Cech.

I was there for his 1st game for us and the guys brilliant.

But it depends on your character I suppose.

I understand its just a job to him with no love or loyalty to nobody but himself and family.

But he didnt umm and arr when he took over from Cudi when he had a knock. He didnt moan saying no I cant take his job.

He could have played out his contract with us or gone to Mou with his problem. If he said look Ive played 15 games this season and Id like to stay If I could play 'x' games Id stay and fight for my position just like any other position on the pitch.

I love the guy but why should he get preferential treatment. Hes had the choice to play anywhere in the world yet hes gone to one of the teams we hate. You cant tell me that hasn;t crossed his mind at some point. Maybe hes doing it just to be a C.

A tough decision. I understand mate. Its awful losing our favourite player. But since seeing Frankie in that awful color blue it made me realize we should be about the club 1st. We can love what they do for us but we cant afford sentiment in team selection. But then again I will always love Zola. (But he never buggered off to the Gooners Ha!)

I'm a Member in a few forums with the same name lol... :fainthv9:

Footballers are in the public eye, when you build such a legacy with a club it comes with responsibility rightly or wrongly.

Cech's legend status like Lamps won't be affected in the grand scheme of things, however when fans get asked who's your favorite player Didier, Lamps or Cech for example? Most will say subconsciously the player that didn't join a direct rival.

As i look at it, the essence of loyalty in football is the of fans to their clubs. That is the true loyalty, that is untied. ¿To ensure the loyalty of their legends, the club has that to retain them until they want to retire and keep them in the XI although have better players than them? ¿How can say that a player is loyal to a club if this loyalty is conditioned by a contract and a place in the XI and titles and good money? ¿is this loyalty? no, this is convenience.

If we had ten years without winning a title as Arsenal our best players would want leave although the club would want to retain them.

I have no problem with a player moving to a rival club, not really affect me that Cech will go to Arsenal, at least he was honest and never pretended loyalty to our club. My problem is with those players who claim to love their clubs and encourage an image of loyal legend and what they really loves is the titles and the money they earn. This is also being hypocritical.

IMO, the club owes nothing to these legends. For starters, if it had not been for the investment of Abramovich, Cech and Drogba never would have come here and Lampard and Terry would have left us in the prime of their careers. They have done great things for the club but have not done for love/loyalty but rather for money/titles, and all those things have gained in abundance, they have been amply rewarded for their services and they have benefited from the club so much as the club from them.

As i look at it, the essence of loyalty in football is the of fans to their clubs. That is the true loyalty, that is untied. ¿To ensure the loyalty of their legends, the club has that to retain them until they want to retire and keep them in the XI although have better players than them? ¿How can say that a player is loyal to a club if this loyalty is conditioned by a contract and a place in the XI and titles and good money? ¿is this loyalty? no, this is convenience.

If we had ten years without winning a title as Arsenal our best players would want leave although the club would want to retain them.

I have no problem with a player moving to a rival club, not really affect me that Cech will go to Arsenal, at least he was honest and never pretended loyalty to our club. My problem is with those players who claim to love their clubs and encourage an image of loyal legend and what they really loves is the titles and the money they earn. This is also being hypocritical.

IMO, the club owes nothing to these legends. For starters, if it had not been for the investment of Abramovich, Cech and Drogba never would have come here and Lampard and Terry would have left us in the prime of their careers. They have done great things for the club but have not done for love/loyalty but rather for money/titles, and all those things have gained in abundance, they have been amply rewarded for their services and they have benefited from the club so much as the club from them.

Yes the club will do what is in their best interest. Fans shouldn't be surprised when a player does the same.

I don't think it is black and white as you make it sound. Players like Lampard, Terry, Cech, and Drogba loved playing for the club. They were loyal to the club to a certain extent, the relationship was quite beneficial to each party.

Cech gave his best years to the club, showed as much of passion as you could ask for, sacrificed his body for the club; suffered one of the most infamous injury for a GK. Cech has been the absolute professional at Chelsea, classy and respected couldn't ask for a better ambassador for Chelsea.

I understand its just a job to him with no love or loyalty to nobody but himself and family.

But he didnt umm and arr when he took over from Cudi when he had a knock. He didnt moan saying no I cant take his job.

He could have played out his contract with us or gone to Mou with his problem. If he said look Ive played 15 games this season and Id like to stay If I could play 'x' games Id stay and fight for my position just like any other position on the pitch.

I love the guy but why should he get preferential treatment. Hes had the choice to play anywhere in the world yet hes gone to one of the teams we hate. You cant tell me that hasn;t crossed his mind at some point. Maybe hes doing it just to be a C.

The idea putting a club/job above yourself and your family makes no sense to me. You shouldn't never put anything above yourself and your highest principles. I simply cannot imagine doing something that goes against my best interest and the best interest of the people i love and care for.

I cant believe you are criticizing Cech for his professionalism.

Cech has been a great professional throughout this. He handled his benching with absolute class, and it is not easy being benched at the top of your game. Should be commanded for his professionalism and handling of the situation. His stay this past season was quite generous of him.

Look at how Iker has handled his situation at Real Madrid. Made a huge fuss over it with the media when Mou benched him. He uses his influence with the media to get what he wants.

The idea putting a club/job above yourself and your family makes no sense to me. You shouldn't never put anything above yourself and your highest principles. I simply cannot imagine doing something that goes against my best interest and the best interest of the people i love and care for.

I cant believe you are criticizing Cech for his professionalism.

Cech has been a great professional throughout this. He handled his benching with absolute class, and it is not easy being benched at the top of your game. Should be commanded for his professionalism and handling of the situation. His stay this past season was quite generous of him.

Look at how Iker has handled his situation at Real Madrid. Made a huge fuss over it with the media when Mou benched him. He uses his influence with the media to get what he wants.

Well it looks like hes getting a £4mill gold watch for putting himself out for a year doing the job he was contracted to do.

We all love Shankley's brilliant witticism. The great man's words encapsulated the attitude of football fans all over the world, but he certainly wouldn't have meant it literally. Football is not more important than life. Taking care of the interests of his wife and children is the very essence of what it is to be a man.

My own guess was that Petr and his wife would have chosen to give their children a chance to experience a different culture. If, however, their decision is that London is the place for their family, then London it has to be. That narrows Petr's choice to staying or going to Arsenal. He's a footballer, he's in the prime of his career, he wants to start. Of course he wants to start. I love the man too. I also love my club and I love it even more for being classy enough to allow one of our heroes to make his own choice.

By the way, I've heard the argument before that Petr took over when Carlo was injured. That's not what Carlo says, it's not what Jose says and it's not what the evidence says. Carlo's agent, whose job it is to spin as hard as he can for his client, is quoted in one place (that I know of) as having made that claim. It ain't so however, Carlo lost the jersey before he was injured.