Petr Cech

eldo

Cech signs for Arsenal

(VIDEO) - Cech telling in Interview why He Joined Arsenal for.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9898384/cech-signs-for-arsenal

Arsenal have confirmed the signing of goalkeeper Petr Cech from Chelsea for around £10m. The Czech Republic international reveals his decision to join Arsenal was clear after speaking to manager Arsene Wenger.

Ok hes done it for his family, fair enough. However, youu have to question why the powers that be are letting him go, he has signed a 4-yr deal, so why couldn't he see out the last year with us, then sign a 3yr deal next summer?

If reports are true, that he will receive the last year of his contracts wage (£4m), then we end up being out of pocket once we have signed his replacement. We have £6m of the £10m to buy a keeper and pay his wage. Seeing as Stoke are being reported as turning down a £6m bid from us, for Begovic, I'd say we are the mugs.

On top of all that, where does it leave Mourinho? Said publicly that he didn't want him to be sold, he was obviously trying to take care of his squad.

So we end up swapping Cech for Begovic, and paying out on top. There's absolutely zero FFP in that.

Ok hes done it for his family, fair enough. However, youu have to question why the powers that be are letting him go, he has signed a 4-yr deal, so why couldn't he see out the last year with us, then sign a 3yr deal next summer?

If reports are true, that he will receive the last year of his contracts wage (£4m), then we end up being out of pocket once we have signed his replacement. We have £6m of the £10m to buy a keeper and pay his wage. Seeing as Stoke are being reported as turning down a £6m bid from us, for Begovic, I'd say we are the mugs.

On top of all that, where does it leave Mourinho? Said publicly that he didn't want him to be sold, he was obviously trying to take care of his squad.

So we end up swapping Cech for Begovic, and paying out on top. There's absolutely zero FFP in that.

He didnt want to be on the bench for another season.

Doubt we have to pay remainder of his contract as he has signed a new deal with a new club that he chose to leave us for.

Plus it looks like Mou as he said a few times never had any intentions to selling him to them particularly and with Cech thanking Roman it looks like hes gone over Mous head to do it.

I'm hoping theres not more going on than we see.

Thought Mou was signing a new contract before his holiday.

Oh I agree 100%. It will certainly hurt seeing him pull on that shirt. But reading some of the posts on here just leaves me baffled. The service this man gave to our club was phenomenal. What he achieved was phenomenal. He should be thanked for what he did for us. Not abused because he didn't want to sit on the bench.

And that natural hurt of seeing him in an Arsenal shirt is going to put him a level below Didier andJT in terms of status with the fans, even on a subconscious level.

Purely because at the end of the day 99% off supporters have an emotional connection with the club first and foremost, and while I will never forget what he has done with us and if I go to an Arsenal match while he's there I'll cheer him (before and after, not during), and this will leave a lingering bad taste.

Ultimately even subconsciously, who will lot of fans say is their favroite if they are asked Cech or Drogba? The one that went to a rival or the one that went out of his way to avoid doing so.

For my perspective I'll never turn against Cech I'll still love him too but I can't pretend this hasn't left an awful taste, when you build a legacy at a club you just simply don't go to a rival, it's not that far off the equivalent off Simeone not being wanted by Leti anymore and going to Real.

Plus it looks like Mou as he said a few times never had any intentions to selling him to them particularly and with Cech thanking Roman it looks like hes gone over Mous head to do it.

Managers getting complete control of team affairs is a thing of the past,Wenger is the last remaining member of that breed as soon as he's gone, that aspect has gone.

It's not a bad thing either, if we left Scolari to his own devices Drogba would have been replaced by Adriano.

I'm not worried about cech to arsenal.....

Vidal/cavani to arsenal is a different story

Actually Arsenal squad is better than you think except Defensive Midfielder.

They are pretty much stocked in all position.

If Coquelin played like the way he played in the 2nd half, they can be really good.

You can say all the bad thing about GIroud but as pure target man, there is no one better.

Managers getting complete control of team affairs is a thing of the past,Wenger is the last remaining member of that breed as soon as he's gone, that aspect has gone.

It's not a bad thing either, if we left Scolari to his own devices Drogba would have been replaced by Adriano.

Didnt say anything about having 'total control' over us. But what I do think is as Mou SHOULD have control of all day to day runnings of the team as hes the one at the club seeing whats going on. Roman has his eyes and ears in the changing room but he should trust Mous opinions when it comes to team selections and incomings/outgoings.

I'm not looking for levels with JT and DD I'm looking at what he achieved and brought to this club. Trophies, success and happiness to the club and fans....mans a winner no matter who he plays for now.

Shame people can't be as civil as he is in his statement today....Proud to say I saw him between the sticks, proud to say he's been part of this clubs history.

Good luck...."If Big Pete's happy, I'm happy"

I'm surprised Cech didn't mention Mourinho at all in the letter to the Chelsea fans

Will be interesting to see what happens when we play Arsenal in the Community Shield (August 2nd)

cos he did not want to be a bench warmer while being the top5 keeper in the world, not that hard to comprehend.

as for FFP and balancing the books

cech normally costs us 5mil, his 11mil transfer fee makes it +6mil.

if we buy begovic for 8mil for a 4 year contract, while paying him 4mil (80kpw), he would end up costing us 6mil.

in short we will be gaining 5mil on the FFP books.

I'm not looking for levels with JT and DD I'm looking at what he achieved and brought to this club. Trophies, success and happiness to the club and fans....mans a winner no matter who he plays for now.

Shame people can't be as civil as he is in his statement today....Proud to say I saw him between the sticks, proud to say he's been part of this clubs history.

Good luck...."If Big Pete's happy, I'm happy"

You can understand why some people aren't civil about it....he chose to move to a direct london rival, even though he had alternative options.

I get why he moved and I hope he makes a mistake or two during his time at Arsenal :blue scalf:

You can understand why some people aren't civil about it....he chose to move to a direct london rival, even though he had alternative options.

I get why he moved and I hope he makes a mistake or two during his time at Arsenal :blue scalf:

Things like 'Cunt' and 'Fuck off' are more than not civil, that's just damn petty and disrespectful. I will put this into perspective....3 days ago over 30 brits were killed on a beach in Tunisia by a 'Cunt' of a gunman....Today Petr Cech left Chelsea, this isn't life or death, it's football. I can't change peoples opinions but using words like I mentioned are wrong, and it's what he hurts me more than seeing him leave.

I'm surprised Cech didn't mention Mourinho at all in the letter to the Chelsea fans

Will be interesting to see what happens when we play Arsenal in the Community Shield (August 2nd)

My thoughts too mate.

You know that Mou ALWAYS waits in the players tunnel before and after a game to hug his ex players or the teams manager.

But the 'letter' is one point that makes me think not all is right in the state of Denmark.