Petr Cech

eldo

Didnt say anything about having 'total control' over us. But what I do think is as Mou SHOULD have control of all day to day runnings of the team as hes the one at the club seeing whats going on. Roman has his eyes and ears in the changing room but he should trust Mous opinions when it comes to team selections and incomings/outgoings.

Mourinho not mentioned in the letter either. A deal sanctioned by Ambramovich possibly, and we know what happened last time Mourinhos control was undermined. Hopefully, everyones happy apart from the fans.

I will definitely be watching online streaming of Arsenal FC first Pre-season match and see how Petr Cech does and Cheer everytime Cech Concedes for Arsenal. hopefully on Sunday 2 August 2015 in the FA Community shield in the first 5 minutes Cech concedes for arsenal when We Chelsea play them in The FA Community Shield.

Mourinho not mentioned in the letter either. A deal sanctioned by Ambramovich possibly, and we know what happened last time Mourinhos control was undermined. Hopefully, everyones happy apart from the fans.

He said in that interview with BT he will respect any decision the board/Roman makes. I can't see it becoming a serious issue because both Roman and Jose have changed a lot since 2007.

Back then Roman was a 'new' owner and Jose was a young manager with the world at his feet, since then and with their experiences in between the two spells (Jose's abroad travels and Romans many managers) has probably made them realise just what both had in the first place, no way would Jose have returned if they were still their old selves

I'd like to see him replacing De Gea in ManU, everything but no Arsenal :( My eyes are bleeding. It going to be a long night. Hope we buy good replacement in shape of Begovic.

Keeps getting better:

:lol:

That's what's so stupid about Arsenal fans, they'll spurt out the next big player they sign to be their most world class in the club's history, and then when the club sells them to a rival, they'll disregard them off the face of the earth and call them judas!

I wonder what would happen if one day, Alexis Sanchez thought what Petr Cech thought.. about wanting a new challenge, but staying in the BPL.. and then he joined someone like us or Man City? Are Arsenal going to burn shirts and issue death threats and boo him every time he gets the ball?

They're pathetic the lot of them!

Top professional, serial winner, all around class act and let's not forget, someone who nearly died on the pitch in a Chelsea shirt. They'll be good with him but now it's up to us to be even better. Farewell and thank you for everything, Big Pete!

Lollichon is still under contract at Chelsea, gave an interview the other day saying he doesn't know what is going to happen.

Understand Petr needs to play and its a nice message to the Chelsea fans but 'I need to play' yeah.. Arsenal are not the only club in world football, Petr.

I think this is made out to be something bigger than it really is. In the end of the day this is just and only football, it's entertainment business. Cech wanted to stay in London for his family, I think it's a good reason in itself. Why Arsenal? They are the only club in London besides Chelsea that can offer that level of football and Champions League games. Like Drogba said on Instagram - sad to see him go but love to see him happy - all very true.

I think this is made out to be something bigger than it really is. In the end of the day this is just and only football, it's entertainment business. Cech wanted to stay in London for his family, I think it's a good reason in itself. Why Arsenal? They are the only club in London besides Chelsea that can offer that level of football and Champions League games. Like Drogba said on Instagram - sad to see him go but love to see him happy - all very true.

So much this. Great quote by Drogba.

The people who are angry about this are either children or adults who have nothing going on in their life beyond supporting Chelsea.

Seriously, I think we need an age limit on here. There are so many stupid little kids it's really dragging down the quality of the forum.

I think there are just as many stupid adults dragging down the quality of the forum......

Just reading his letter right now, the only thing that disappoints me was that I wanted to see Lamps, Cech and Drogba retire as Chelsea players. Gonna miss Petr so much, really loved him. He isn't just a world class player but also a great human being, he's actually learnt numerous languages just so that he can help players from foreign countries who can't speak English. I guess it's just as Petr said, sometimes in life things just don't go exactly like you want them to.....

If they did then so many players who served us so well would have won a CL crown (like Ballack), Lampard would still be a Chelsea player, Drogba would have scored another Wembley goal in the Capital One Cup Final and well Cech would still be here.

Thibaut has some big shoes to fill, but I'm confident he'll be up to the task!

You can understand why some people aren't civil about it....he chose to move to a direct london rival, even though he had alternative options.

I get why he moved and I hope he makes a mistake or two during his time at Arsenal :blue scalf:

What if he's Mourinho's agent? Maybe he sent him to Arsenal on a mission, like spying on their tactics etc haha

How wrong to compare the scenarios between him and Lampard.

Chelsea (Mourinho) wanted to keep Cech and he still had another year of contract. Cech chose to leave early and chose Arsenal and signed a 3 year plus permenant deal.

Yet with Lampard, Chelsea had let him run down contract and was free to do what the hell he wanted including a temporary deal with City

Only mentioned those two based on fact they eventualy joined rivals despite being chelsea legends. Reasons are different obviously.

-----

As for Petr, I understand him completely. He wanted to finish career here, but Courtois complicated things. Last season it was clear Tibo is our first choice, but Cech hoped Mou will give the two a fair competition and see who is better. However Mou picked Tibo as first choice from game 1. Cech waited one season and saw there will be no competition between two, so he moved on, because he is still a top top GK. And he was open about where he would like to go for last few months.

As for Lamps, that ''loan'' shit he was talking about was pure BS. To begin with, he was 36, past it and should accept lower paycheck and smaller role, and he would if he realy cared about club (like Giggs. Scholes did at united), but went to city because he doesnt give a fuck about anything except money.

It really is that simple. Can't understand why people want to make it more complicated than it is.