Official: Avram Grant Sacked.

CM i hope that aint you with ya strides falling down :rolleyes:

we got our wish!...............only problem now is there's not a decent manager out there now apart from jose of course, please god we don't get rijkard or mancini :censored:

regards:JBD

I'm up for Mark Hughes JBD, Someone who loves the cub, has proved himself to be a very capable manager, and he wouldnt take no shit from Roman.

Shame about Grant though eh?? I am gutted for him :lol::lol::lol::yay::yay::yay::blue scalf:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People say he has messed up in vital games, but so did mourinho... remember ferreira on the right of midfield against liverpool fa cup semi?

had we all our players fit we would have cruised the league this season.

I'm sorry GZ but this argument is poor. The big difference is that You could probably count on one hand in the four years Mourinho was boss the amount of times he messed his tactics up, and you could probably stand there all day picking games out that Mourinho changed the course of the game in our favour by making tactical decisions.

You could probably stand there all day picking games out that Grant fucked up with his tactics which cost us and count on one hand the amount of times he got it right, I for one can only think of 3; Arsenal at the bridge, Man utd at the bridge and Liverpool at the bridge CL.

I'm not the least bit surprised about this. I've been saying for months that I am absolutely certain he will not be in charge next season and got called crazy, and asked what I'm basing this insanity on. Well as I said months ago, Jose was the most successfulmanager in Chelsea's history nobody would have been able to fill his shoes, so the Chelsea regime did the smart thing and put a whipping boy in so that the next true long term coach would be living up to a bumbling idiot and not a charasmatic tactical genious.

In all honesty though I don't think it has worked completely because most Chelsea fans are still struggling to pickout a manager they woould want at the club because they are still measuring against Mourinho.

I'm not the least bit surprised about this. I've been saying for months that I am absolutely certain he will not be in charge next season and got called crazy, and asked what I'm basing this insanity on. Well as I said months ago, Jose was the most successfulmanager in Chelsea's history nobody would have been able to fill his shoes, so the Chelsea regime did the smart thing and put a whipping boy in so that the next true long term coach would be living up to a bumbling idiot and not a charasmatic tactical genious.

In all honesty though I don't think it has worked completely because most Chelsea fans are still struggling to pickout a manager they woould want at the club because they are still measuring against Mourinho.

Great post and couldn't agree with you more, I think they are hoping that the fans will compare the next manager with Grant and Mourinho's legacy will fade somewhat so the fans and not always comparing it.

May work may not - time will tell.

The new coach at least will not have a whiff of the traitor about him that Grant had in lurking around prior to Jose's exit when he was so obviously not wanted or required.

You and me were both insane then because I have never thought that Grant was long term or good enough despite his apparent great record he kept pointing towards.

There was more going on than just the stats to back up my claim that he was simply getting by with Mourinho's tools left behind him and he coasted on the backs of others tactical nous and hard work.

I'm glad he's gone no matter what next season brings, I don't want to see him again at Chelsea.

I'm sorry GZ but this argument is poor. The big difference is that You could probably count on one hand in the four years Mourinho was boss the amount of times he messed his tactics up, and you could probably stand there all day picking games out that Mourinho changed the course of the game in our favour by making tactical decisions.

You could probably stand there all day picking games out that Grant fucked up with his tactics which cost us and count on one hand the amount of times he got it right, I for one can only think of 3; Arsenal at the bridge, Man utd at the bridge and Liverpool at the bridge CL.

Yes on hindsight, it is a poor argument, like I just mentioned previously, I felt really sorry for him.

Well i think really it comes as no suprise that Grant has gone. It seems like it was planned all along and i am certain that the new manager has always been decided and we will see sooner rather than later who that person is.

I honestly don't think that this was done because of the results. I think Grant was always just a stand in for a season while we waited for the man we really want.

At the moment it is looking like Rijkaard, Hughes and suprisingly Jose are the 3 current favorites......

Well, without stating the bleeding obvious, I'm glad the cunts gone. He'll no doubt vanish from the mainstream and end up managing some pub team in the Tel Aviv South East Armed Forces Domino League, which is no more than he deserves.

He wasnt up to the job and he surely must have known that, Looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights during that shocking first press conference. He was nothing more than a cheap imposter. And for those who still think he's worth a punt, lets just see the calibre of club's who come knocking on his door now shall we?

Mind you, aren't Brentford a bit light on the managerial side? :whistling:

No more than a typical handbrake who looked at the money and fucked his moral fibre straight in the bin.

To be honest CM I think you're wrong. I think he will go to manage a half decent English side or other side in Europe. He's done enough to show he has some semblance of management skills in the last month or so. Not good enough for us mind.

The amount of neutrals that have been telling me that Grant has done as good a job as Mourinho isn't even funny. One even had the audacity to suggest he'd done better! Ludicrous.

To be honest CM I think you're wrong. I think he will go to manage a half decent English side or other side in Europe. He's done enough to show he has some semblance of management skills in the last month or so. Not good enough for us mind.

The amount of neutrals that have been telling me that Grant has done as good a job as Mourinho isn't even funny. One even had the audacity to suggest he'd done better! Ludicrous.

Blinkered people mate, who cant see the wood for the trees.

Half decent english side eh?, so you reckon Millwall will sack Jackett then? :whistling:

Well it wasnt a surprise. I heard the news about 6ish and i must admit i was relieved. Avram knew he was only caretaking and lets be honest, so did we, well i did anyway. I do thank him tho. He did a great job if you actually look at the stats and think about it. We aint lost in 2008. He did everything we wanted of him. only luck stopped us from winning anything. Wasnt to do with him even tho i wouldve prefered to see sheva on instead of anelka on weds, missed trick. Nothing changed, the great players that we have, did what they are paid to do so he had it decent anyway from the word go.

Wish him all the best. Couldnt have done anymore.

Next manager please.......

Well..looking at how the club has operated in last 10 months. I wont be surprised if Jose is "SENSATIONALLY" called back to coach Chelsea. As I beleive all top clubs have managers now. Even mancini has been asked to continue after winning the League. So that leaves only Chelsea without a manager and Jose without a club. :)

Well..looking at how the club has operated in last 10 months. I wont be surprised if Jose is "SENSATIONALLY" called back to coach Chelsea. As I beleive all top clubs have managers now. Even mancini has been asked to continue after winning the League. So that leaves only Chelsea without a manager and Jose without a club. :)

JOSE COMING BACK TO Chelsea = :541: warnie_666

Edited by Badboy