Official: Avram Grant Sacked.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what makes you think a getafe coach can handle the Chelsea superstars??????

bring attacking football???

and trophies such as champions league in his first try?????

btw here are some stats for laudrap and getafe

w11 d13 L6

goals scored 37

goals conceded 39

goal difference -2

Edited by kbchel

Did you seriously think, Mourinho would win us the League title the first year?

I dont want to see Rijkaard year. Hes success was based on Ronaldinho reaching his peak. Once ronaldinho lost his peak, Barca went trophyless.

Mancini, to me is pretty much similar to Joe Mourinho. He plays defensive football and his UCL record with Inter is simlar to Jose's at Chelsea.

jose had a uefa cup and a champions league, he is also the champions of the portugest league....when he come to Chelsea...everybody expect great things from him

getafe on the other hand did not even make the uefa cup this year.....

they survived relegation by only 5 points

the next coach must stay long...long enough to bring Chelsea to the next level

Edited by kbchel

random thoughts on the matter...

knew it was coming as he was there as a temp only...

the bloke grew on me a bit, seemed nice enough, enjoyed that he stayed under the radar for the most part, but was out of his element at this level...

didnt like the way he got the job so what goes around comes around...

kenyon is certainly a tit, lied about jose staying, lied about grant staying....switching managers fine - but saying one thing and doing another makes us a look like a joke...

wouldnt mind hiddink coming in...

I hope we get Laudrup or Mourinho.

I am not sure about Laudrup at all. His record isn't that impresive and I don't really know his style of football. Obviously, I'd love Jose back, but don't realistically think that will happen. I think it will be a Rijkaard/ Cate partnership, although I am not convinced that that will work either.

Thank god the nightmare is finally over. His appointment should never have happened. Yeah things went better than I had imagined with him in charge but his appointment was one of the biggest farces in football. Lets move on.

Seconded.

It wasn't quite the nightmare his official unveiling suggested but it was blatently obvious to me that he was riding the wagon of what Mourinho left behind and benefitting accordingly, he lacked the respect of many of the players, the media riduculed him and even the board never really gave him unequivocal support - the four year contract was just a sop to make what was a stop gap panic measure look a measured decision.

He was promoted way over his head and for all those fans on Five Live no saying how disgusting and disgraceful it is that Chelsea ditched him I ask them this "would they get rid of their current manager for Avram?"

I sense the answer would be no which says it all.

The bottom line is he didn't win anything despite having the kind of squad this is perfectly capable of doing so, if Mourinho was given short shrift after winning two trophies last season then Grant had not a snowball in hell's chance of clinging on after our fourth failure of the season.

I'm glad he's gone, I can't say I disliked him he was just "meh" to me. I couldn't bare his constant comments about how wonderful our football was when it wasn't generally, how he continued to belittle Mourinho's achievements and tried to give the impression he was actually doing something proactive with the team when clearly it was the players or the back room staff doing most of the work.

Lets move on indeed, hire a coach that is worthy of the name, who will be a clean break with the messy Mourinho/Grant take over, will have the respect of the players, is tactically generally sound and will be able to control the media better (it is important despite what some suggest) and give me an idea they actually have a clear vision of their own.

This was always a given really, Grant was following someone who was massively successful, beloved by most fans and also very charismatic so the media loved him and that's a lethal combination for any one to follow and worse because of Grant's apparent lack of media friendly soundbites and aura.

If he had won us things then none of the rest would really matter but he didn't and now it does.

Edited by pluto

The Glasgow Branch of the Chelsea Supporters Federation mourn the sackng of Grant

TheCongaContinues.jpg

Absolute Classic! Thanks for making my day, it's been absolutely sh*t weather here all day p*ssing down with torrential rain and I could do with cheering up.

I am not sad to see Grant go but didn't have the hatred of him either. Clearly he was in over his head. Paraphrasing Michael Ballack in his pre UCL final interview "Normally the Manager has a lot to do. Tactics, training, game planning. But we are a big club with lots of big players who have experience playing in big games with a lot of pressure so the Manager really doesn't have to do much but take care of substitutions.".

Grant, as an earlier poster mentioned, was successful because of what Jose and Clarke built. He did not bring more entertaining or beautiful football, and he did not sign anyone significant for us in the January transfer window. Grant seems like a nice enough fellow, but not capable of managing such a big club.

As to who to get to replace him I really have no idea. Laudrap does not impress me. His record is marginal as a Manager. Eriksson? No thanks. Mancini maybe, but then we certainly will not get free flowing, exciting football. Maybe winning football, which would work for me. Hiddink? Again, no thanks. Whoever is chosen though has to be somebody to that brings stability and a long-term commitment to CFC. Someone who can help build the youth teams and manage a club of superstars. Who is that person? I have no idea. This should be an interesting summer to be a Blues fan.

Yet more footage of the glum Glasgow bunch sadly digesting the news that Avram Grant has been given the tin tack

laughter_3.jpg

CM i hope that aint you with ya strides falling down :rolleyes:

we got our wish!...............only problem now is there's not a decent manager out there now apart from jose of course, please god we don't get rijkard or mancini :censored:

regards:JBD