• Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Salah (sub)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defending will get better. Started off bad last season aswell, plus the international breaks arent helping. But must say we looked great after 20 mins. Schurrle didnt have the best of games but I think Ramires is a must for our midfield. We need that extra pace and energy he provides. Cant believe Costa is on 7 goals already! Good debut for Remy aswell.

Where do I start?

I won't comment on the goals we conceded, on our mistakes on them. I already did in the live thread - especially the first.

I'll choose to focus ONLY in the positive.

I have to vote for the hat tricker because I mean, how can you ignore 7 goals in 4 matches? Then I also have to vote for the best assister in the world, I mean, how can you ignore 6 assists in 4 matches? Then I also have to vote for Eden Hazard - who in my opinion fired the game still in the first half and enabled this victory even if his name won't appear in the stats sheet. I'll vote for Costa, but the other two are tied with him imo. Or maybe Hazard is and Cesc is a bit behind them.

I also have to praise Ivanovic, has been a beast in the attack again. I still want to see Luís in the team replacing Azpili. While I think Azpili isn't making any mistakes, and has been solid, maybe that's the shake our defense needs to wake up.

Ramires, my dear Ramires... Prove me wrong, baby, prove me wrong every single day and I'll concede defeat with a smile in my face. Regardless of the great assist (again) and before that I had already admitted he's been great, then you add the assist and his other contributions after that and there's no way this guy should be left out of our starting lineup now - regardless of the opponent. I hope he has his best season yet with us this year. I hope he carries on, I'll eat as many humble pies he wants to shove down my throat. I'll still have the silly smile I have on my face now.

I may have forgotten some unsung hero, but I'm on high adrenaline and oxytocin now to think sort of properly

Hazard. Costa scored a hattrick but still wasn't as influential as Hazard if that even makes sense. Hazard was that good.

The guy who scored 3 goals wasnt influential LOL! Dont get me wrong Hazard was amazing but Costa scored 3 goals....thats automatic MOTM.

Response of champions? I feared for us a little bit with the start we got off to. Swansea probably should've scored more than one in that initial period but we rode it out and never looked back once we started putting them under pressure, getting in their faces, pressing from the front. It was a mess before that with the team set up to be progressive but the front line not pressuring the ball at all, leaving Matic and Fabregas isolated and unsure in the middle. Credit to Swansea because they didn't let up and kept at it but it was really pleasing to see that they just couldn't handle our movement and interplay. They're a very, very good side.

Hazard was magnificent and would've been my MOTM had it not been for the big bastard up front banging them in. When this boy looks to go past players and sit defenders down, I'd have no other player in the world over him. He is sensational. One of his top 5 Chelsea performances, in my book.

Positives:

1. Four wins out of 4. Only side left with a 100% record and we have a 5-point lead over City ahead of next weekend's clash.

2. Costa's hat-trick :worship:

3. Hazard's performance :clap:

4. First goal for Remy

5. Another come from behind win

6. Goals goals goals

Negatives:

1. More hopeless defending. Conceded 5 goals in 2 consecutive games now. Not good enough

2. Yet another slow start. 3 games in 4 now that we've either started slowly or conceded first. Can't do that against City!

Great win but need to work on the defence for the City game. I'm confident we can score a lot with our striking force but the question is how less we'll concede.

Have a worry feeling Mou will park the 'bus' for this game. Hope i'm wrong. We need to show we can beat our title rivals with nice attacking football to make a statement we mean business this year.

Not to mentioned that City defence is shit too.

Defence a little shaky but we coasted the last 10 mins which attributed to it.

Costa obviously man of the match.

Hazard scared the hell out of their defence causing them to stand off him which helped a lot of our movement and the assist machine is still assisting...

Happy days.

The guy who scored 3 goals wasnt influential LOL! Dont get me wrong Hazard was amazing but Costa scored 3 goals....thats automatic MOTM.

I know I'm not making much sense right now (and I didn't say Costa wasn't influential, to be fair) :Goober: but seriously tho, Hazard was absolutely amazing.