Homegrown status

We have 19 non-HG players in the squad but we can only register 17. Which 2 players would you get rid off to stay within the limits?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. We have 19 non-HG players in the squad but we can only register 17. Which 2 players would you get rid off to stay within the limits?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is confusing. I am thinking it might be Cech, because why on earth did we extend Mark's contract if both Cech and Tibo are staying? But if that's not true then what's the problem having Beeney instead?

Why did we sign him on then? In case one of Petr or Tibo left?

I'm guessing for the same reason we renewed Hilario's contract last season. What that reason actually is, I am not sure, but some people were saying that in (the unlikely) case that our first two keepers get injured, they didn't want someone like Blackman or Beeney coming in.

I'm guessing for the same reason we renewed Hilario's contract last season. What that reason actually is, I am not sure, but some people were saying that in (the unlikely) case that our first two keepers get injured, they didn't want someone like Blackman or Beeney coming in.

But if we don't register him then he won't be able to come in and play, even in those circumstances. Unless it was before this transfer window ended or in January.

But if we don't register him then he won't be able to come in and play, even in those circumstances. Unless it was before this transfer window ended or in January.

I think there is a clause in the rules that states that if you lose all your first team keepers to injury, the FA will allow you to add someone to your squad list even if it is outside the transfer window. Usually it is an "emergency keeper loan", but I guess it could also be bringing in a keeper you have but have not registered.

It is the only remotely logical reason why we renewed Hilario's contract last season but did not register him in neither the PL nor the CL.

I think there is a clause in the rules that states that if you lose all your first team keepers to injury, the FA will allow you to add someone to your squad list even if it is outside the transfer window. Usually it is an "emergency keeper loan", but I guess it could also be bringing in a keeper you have but have not registered.

Yeah but we also need to register 3 GKs to meet those rules. So Beeney/Blackman would have to be our 3rd keeper and so would have to also be injured before Mark could come in. And preparing for 3 GKs being injured at once is ridiculously pessimistic and paranoid!!

Yeah but we also need to register 3 GKs to meet those rules. So Beeney/Blackman would have to be our 3rd keeper and so would have to also be injured before Mark could come in. And preparing for 3 GKs being injured at once is ridiculously pessimistic and paranoid!!

I don't think all 3 need to be injured. I think if the third keeper is U21 the FA can make an exception. (I vaguely remember something along these lines happening to Arsenal and them being allowed to sign that crazy German dud who's name I can't remember right now).

Again, this is not my logic; I'm just saying that we did the exact same thing last season. Take it out with the club :P

Nope, from my knowledge it's a minimum of two GKs that need to be registered. Blackman and Beeney don't even need to be because they're u21.

I don't think all 3 need to be injured. I think if the third keeper is U21 the FA can make an exception. (I vaguely remember something along these lines happening to Arsenal and them being allowed to sign that crazy German dud who's name I can't remember right now).

Again, this is not my logic; I'm just saying that we did the exact same thing last season. Take it out with the club :P

Jens Lehman? The guy Didier and Terry wound up by standing on his toes - and then he freaked out and played really bad :)

Thank god for homegrown rule and fact that england has no proper young players available atm. Chelsea lacks bit of identity with english players after Cole and Lamps left and this will force club to bring more english players in first team.

At least guys like Baker, RLC etc will feature more in team because board WILL HAVE to bring them in.

Travelling squad in full:

Petr Cech
Mark Schwarzer
Thibaut Courtois
Cesar Azpilicueta
John Mikel Obi
Branislav Ivanovic
Nemanja Matic
Kurt Zouma
Ramires
John Terry
Oscar
Nathan Ake
Willian
Marco van Ginkel
Andreas Christensen
Eden Hazard
Andre Schurrle
Mohamed Salah
Fernando Torres
Diego Costa
Gary Cahill
Cesc Fabregas
Victor Moses
Filipe Luis
Didier Drogba

This is the perfect squad Jose has said. Shame one more player must go.

I am in with an idea to include Moses and then loan Salah. Not much quality different in my opinion. That would be perfect rather than we have to let go one from our GK or CM or ST.

Travelling squad in full:

Petr Cech

Mark Schwarzer

Thibaut Courtois

Cesar Azpilicueta

John Mikel Obi

Branislav Ivanovic

Nemanja Matic

Kurt Zouma

Ramires

John Terry

Oscar

Nathan Ake

Willian

Marco van Ginkel

Andreas Christensen

Eden Hazard

Andre Schurrle

Mohamed Salah

Fernando Torres

Diego Costa

Gary Cahill

Cesc Fabregas

Victor Moses

Filipe Luis

Didier Drogba

This is the perfect squad Jose has said. Shame one more player must go.

It's a very, very solid squad but IMO it will be Schwarzer who loses out.

It's a very, very solid squad but IMO it will be Schwarzer who loses out.

Hopefully that, or we loan Salah and let Moses stay would be perfect too in my opinion. The only problem is, I don't have any idea how much Jose rate Moses in the first place.

Thank god for homegrown rule and fact that england has no proper young players available atm. Chelsea lacks bit of identity with english players after Cole and Lamps left and this will force club to bring more english players in first team.

At least guys like Baker, RLC etc will feature more in team because board WILL HAVE to bring them in.

RLC wont feature under Mourinho

The PL will be starting this weekend. Did every teams has submit the squad list?

If yes, then we still have 18 non-HG players, for sure there is already one non-HG player not submitted? and who would that be?

If not, then the club still allowed to play all the 18 non-HG players in the first 2 match?