Expectations for 2014-15 season? Time to end the sucess/failure debate for all

For me personally I just want further advancement of our players skill and mentality, if we get that it should also coincide with more success on the pitch. We need a striker who is capable of bailing us out when we're not having the best of days... If the rumours are true and its Costa and Mandzukic we should be fine.

I want to see Hazard challenge for player of the year

Matic challenge for team of the year

Courtois win the golden gloves.

Lukaku score 10 goals from all comps

Ramires return to his form of two years ago

Need to make more use of our possession too, that's the area where Jose must improve the squad.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me personally I just want further advancement of our players skill and mentality, if we get that it should also coincide with more success on the pitch. We need a striker who is capable of bailing us out when we're not having the best of days... If the rumours are true and its Costa and Mandzukic we should be fine.

Need to make more use of our possession too, that's the area where Jose must improve the squad.

Will be awkward if Lukaku somehow plays for Arsenal or Spurs, would you still want him to score 10+ goals? Also Ramires is really unlikely to return to 11-12 form because now he needs to change his style and make himself more of a CDM than a box to box like he used to.

You should probably wait a little bit before asking for those two :D I doubt you'd like to see Lukaku score a lot for a different team if we sell him or having Courtois playing against us in the CL and advancing at our expense again.

Will be awkward if Lukaku somehow plays for Arsenal or Spurs, would you still want him to score 10+ goals? Also Ramires is really unlikely to return to 11-12 form because now he needs to change his style and make himself more of a CDM than a box to box like he used to.

Oh okay thanks Naustradamus!

You should probably wait a little bit before asking for those two :D I doubt you'd like to see Lukaku score a lot for a different team if we sell him or having Courtois playing against us in the CL and advancing at our expense again.

I don't have to wait for anything if you read the title it says EXPECTATIONS in big, bold letters. I EXPECT Courtois to be back with the team, I EXPECT Lukaku to be back and see him as a capable 10 goal scorer...

• 2 weeks later...

I am really worried now losing Frank, and Cole and Luiz that we don't replace them with the same high standard of people. I am bit concerned.

I am worried we will go even more defensive and young players won't be given chances.

If that happens. And we fail to win the PL or CL then I don't think Jose will survive and we will be set back two or three years.

I am worried we will go even more defensive and young players won't be given chances.

If that happens. And we fail to win the PL or CL then I don't think Jose will survive and we will be set back two or three years.

I totally agree. I am worried I honestly thought for next season with the team we had add a striker we will win the league we were so strong this year despite not winning.

Now I am worried, can't be bothered with more transition I thought we were almost perfect

I totally agree. I am worried I honestly thought for next season with the team we had add a striker we will win the league we were so strong this year despite not winning.

Now I am worried, can't be bothered with more transition I thought we were almost perfect

The biggest worry is Jose has got rid of KDB Mata and Luiz and may get rid of Lukaku because they don't fit his system . If he goes which direction do we go then .

Backwards I fear .

What the fuck is worng with you guys? Matic was brought in by Mourinho. Same with Schürrle and Salah. Diego Costa is coming. We are in the race for Fabregas or similar players and a LB like Luis. We lost KdB (Who hasn't shown great performances for Wolfsburg till today), Mata (didn't fit into the system, didn't change the whole get-up of ManWhore anyway), Luiz (anything else than selling him for that sum would be pure insanity), Lampard (too old, his career is over)

I see a clear improvement in the roster. Stop doubting Mourinho for fucks sake

I am concerned about the bunch of mediocre names being linked to us.

Losing Cole, Lampard, Luiz, earlier Mata, who are we going to replace them with??

We needed a striker, if I had heard as much I personally dislike him, if say Suarez was coming to Chelsea I would think great we are showing some serious intent, a proven goal scorer he almost single handedly won Liverpool the league.

If we were going to be bringing in some real game changers? I mean Fabergas??? Never thought he was much good and he is desperate to go to Barca but all of a sudden he is off? :/

I am concerned about the bunch of mediocre names being linked to us.

Losing Cole, Lampard, Luiz, earlier Mata, who are we going to replace them with??

We needed a striker, if I had heard as much I personally dislike him, if say Suarez was coming to Chelsea I would think great we are showing some serious intent, a proven goal scorer he almost single handedly won Liverpool the league.

If we were going to be bringing in some real game changers? I mean Fabergas??? Never thought he was much good and he is desperate to go to Barca but all of a sudden he is off? :/

I agree but it'll be hard to get players like say Modric who is one of the best CM\CDMs out there.

Fabregas is a step up for us in midfield, I'd say.

Costa - a step up (a couple of steps up).

We'll have to find a LB aswell.

I am concerned about the bunch of mediocre names being linked to us.Losing Cole, Lampard, Luiz, earlier Mata, who are we going to replace them with??We needed a striker, if I had heard as much I personally dislike him, if say Suarez was coming to Chelsea I would think great we are showing some serious intent, a proven goal scorer he almost single handedly won Liverpool the league.If we were going to be bringing in some real game changers? I mean Fabergas??? Never thought he was much good and he is desperate to go to Barca but all of a sudden he is off? :/

To be fair Fabregas is better than the current level of Lampard (Lamps of old we will never find again so don't even try) and although Luiz is naturally gifted, he is a pretty rubbish footballer. Lapses in concentration his main fault in my eyes. There is nobody else out there and available at a reasonable price who are better than Fabregas.

We have Matic and Ramires as our only two senior midfielders. Ramires was awful this season, we are crying out for a top quality partner for Matic. And Fabregas is that.

I really don't know about that we shall have to see. If Fabergas is so good and Barca fought to get him, all that rubbish about he was going home well how come they are so willing to let him go so quick??