Atletico Madrid v Chelsea

Jase

Chelsea in semis and look at our bench...Scharzer-Ake-Kalas-Ba-Mvg mmm sorry Chelsea board not good enough,tho hope

Ake,Kalas,Mvg become legends but bad management start of season again with squad imho

Oscar, Schurrle and Ba are the only ones likely to come on anyway, so don't sweat it. Remember we are missing players like Eto'o, Hazard, Matic and Salah, so the bench could have easily been stronger.

Why some people think this is an insult is the weird thing.

The problem is sometimes being conservative means your are afraid of winning. I already said that, but it seems Mourinho first instinct is not to losing other than wanting to win. I still have in my mind that 05 semi-final, when the team failed to score a single against a team that was in 5th in the PL, around 40 points behind.

Being conservative in a game like that was really unecessary.

Don't forget we are missing the likes of Hazard, Eto'o, Matic, Ivanovic and Salah and without these players we are easily the worst side left in the competition. Easily. The likes of Oscar, Schurrle and Willian are ridiculously inconsistent players and it won't be clever to play our normal system in this game. We will get trounced if we did

Schurrle won't play well if he starts from the beginning. He rarely does in games against aggressive teams away from home. Ramires might be poor offensively but at least he offers much more than Schurrle defensively.

I find Schurrle far more useful from the start than as a substitute. And Ramires does absolutely nothing for me on the wing, simply awful. The defence must be very vulnerable if you need Ramires on the wing with David Luiz, Lampard and Mikel in midfield. Not to mention Willian's defensive contribution.

But I guess we'll have to see how things pan out.

Let's put the Sunderland debacle behind us and get after it today. A win today goes a long way towards a possible CL title! Intriguing lineup. May just be the recipe we need.

Come on you Chelsea! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: