Arturo Vidal

xPetrCechx

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Imagine getting both he and Nainggolan. What a midfield 3 we'd have.

I was just thinking about that. We really would have an elite midfield three. 

IF this does happen, all we need is to sell a few of the dead weight in our club and restructure our defence. 

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

We cant even offer him Europa League football. Why do you think we're going to be signing anything other than B-grade players for the next 12 months?

Precisely.

No European football PLUS the fact that the Board is now more obsessed with the club's income statement than success on the pitch and hence there will be no Vidal, Cavani or Naingollan signed this summer.

Forget about Kante and Mahrez too.

Robinho on loan is a far more likely proposition as well as some no-mark Djilobdoji type signings done on deadline day will greet us. 

I really hope Conte or any decent manager refuse to sign any contract from the Board. 

Might as well recruit Sean Dyche or Aitor Karanka - the Board's investment in the squad is in perfect sync with that these coaches are used to.

Precisely.

No European football PLUS the fact that the Board is now more obsessed with the club's income statement than success on the pitch and hence there will be no Vidal, Cavani or Naingollan signed this summer.

Forget about Kante and Mahrez too.

Robinho on loan is a far more likely proposition as well as some no-mark Djilobdoji type signings done on deadline day will greet us. 

I really hope Conte or any decent manager refuse to sign any contract from the Board. 

Might as well recruit Sean Dyche or Aitor Karanka - the Board's investment in the squad is in perfect sync with that these coaches are used to.

From what i've seen of Papy so far he seems like a decent player, especially his attacking contribution.

Should have trusted him instead of Cahill.

Vidal is a great player, i didn't want him because i thought that maybe his knee was damaged, but it seems still ok. He's getting better and better, no way that Bayern will sell him, at least not for the last price, it will be a lot more expensive...

Cavani, Nainggolan and others are very good players, but do we really need to spend that big?

Everyone knows those guys, but a good scout has to know more, players like Coman are up for the job too.

The problem here is we don't award chances!

Miazga is waiting, Musonda was waiting, similar to Aké, but we're ending up playing the likes of Cahill, Ivanovic, Oscar, Hazard and others.

That's unbelievablely frustrating...

Nowadys we have nothing to play for, no Aina i think Tottengam is after him and they almost always get it right these days and no Baba, what the actual fuck...

1 hour ago, BlueLion said:

We cant even offer him Europa League football. Why do you think we're going to be signing anything other than B-grade players for the next 12 months?

I'd like to think that Roman is just as disgusted by this season as the supporters are and is also just as worried about us becoming another Liverpool and fading away into obscurity. For that reason I'm somewhat confident he'll back Conte substantially and has learned his lesson that when a manager asks for certain players you don't give him dollar store imitations instead.

I think we can easily sell to players on the "project." We're still in a prestigious city, the best league, have a great foundation of players, pay high wages, and will have a world class manager. We won't get the elite of the elite like Pogba, but to be honest that's not what we need. 

If we can manage to get Nainggolan, Vidal (those are both huge asks, of course) Bonucci, and keep hold of Hazard we'll have had a spectacular summer. Maybe our best ever. If we also manage to bin off some of the deadwood as well...my goodness.

Seriously, who in the PL could stop or even really compete with a midfield 3 of Fabregas, Vidal, and Nainggolan? It has everything. Pace, power, creativity, and huge flexibility. Unless Pep somehow convinces Busquets to leave Barca and join him we'd have by far the best midfield in England.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'd like to think that Roman is just as disgusted by this season as the supporters are and is also just as worried about us becoming another Liverpool and fading away into obscurity. For that reason I'm somewhat confident he'll back Conte substantially and has learned his lesson that when a manager asks for certain players you don't give him dollar store imitations instead.

I think we can easily sell to players on the "project." We're still in a prestigious city, the best league, have a great foundation of players, pay high wages, and will have a world class manager. We won't get the elite of the elite like Pogba, but to be honest that's not what we need. 

If we can manage to get Nainggolan, Vidal (those are both huge asks, of course) Bonucci, and keep hold of Hazard we'll have had a spectacular summer. Maybe our best ever. If we also manage to bin off some of the deadwood as well...my goodness.

Seriously, who in the PL could stop or even really compete with a midfield 3 of Fabregas, Vidal, and Nainggolan? It has everything. Pace, power, creativity, and huge flexibility. Unless Pep somehow convinces Busquets to leave Barca and join him we'd have by far the best midfield in England.

I fucking hope so, but what can we offer monetarily that both Manchester clubs, Arsenal, and even Spurs, Everton, and Liverpool, can't? With the TV deal, even the Leicesters and Stokes of this world will be able to offer up to £120,000-a-week.

9 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

I fucking hope so, but what can we offer monetarily that both Manchester clubs, Arsenal, and even Spurs, Everton, and Liverpool, can't? With the TV deal, even the Leicesters and Stokes of this world will be able to offer up to £120,000-a-week.

That's a good question and one I've asked here recently too. As strange as it may sound, I think we're still a far more attractive destination than most of those clubs even after this terrible season. I don't think any of the latter 3 you listed are attracting any world class players. Can't see any of Liverpool, Everton, or Spuds going over £30m on a single player. Plus I think we'd still be able to pip them to top players even if we were all after the same ones.

It's true that we probably won't be able to go head to head with the Manc clubs with those managers in charge, but they'll be so obsessed with going after bigger "names" than Vidal & Nainggolan I hope. The Vidal love-in with Conte would surely be a trump card and I would think Nainggolan would jump at the chance to move to a bigger, better club. City and United will probably be after the likes of Pogba, Bale, Lewandowski, etc.

You know what, if we get both Nainggolan and Vidal, we should play Fabregas as a deep-lying-playmaker and not as a cm. That's what Conte did with pirlo during his time with Juve when he had two powerful mids in Vidal and Marchisio protecting him. 

1 hour ago, Hybrid Angel said:

You know what, if we get both Nainggolan and Vidal, we should play Fabregas as a deep-lying-playmaker and not as a cm. That's what Conte did with pirlo during his time with Juve when he had two powerful mids in Vidal and Marchisio protecting him. 

Exactly. That's his best position. There are actually people here that want us to sell Cesc but I think Conte will use him as our Pirlo. Just have to hope the club allows him to purchase his two beasts to work with him.

9 hours ago, BlueLion said:

utd didnt have European football when they signed di maria vidal has alot of respect for conte cause of that i think its possible him signing for chelsea   

He'll be 29 at the end of the season. He had a really bad knee injury in the last 2 years.

This would be yet another big name, past-his-peak Chelsea signing.

We can and should do better. But then again we have rubbish in the team we probably can't.

9 hours ago, Styles said:

He'll be 29 at the end of the season. He had a really bad knee injury in the last 2 years.

This would be yet another big name, past-his-peak Chelsea signing.

We can and should do better. But then again we have rubbish in the team we probably can't.

Vidal is a world class player and he can play at least another 3-4 years.

Vidal had just one knee injury and was out for 3 days.

Vidal is a player I think we've all been in love with for years, me as much as any. The only concern I'd have with this transfer is why on Earth would Bayern let him go. If they are wiling to sell after just one year then Chelsea's decision makers should be asking themselves, "What do Bayern know that we don't?"

Admittedly I've only watched Bayern 5 or 6 times this season, but he hasn't looked particularly brilliant in any of the games he's played. He was totally outshined by Pogba and Khedira in the 4-2 versus Juventus, for instance - Bayern only showed up when Thiago was subbed in.

Admittedly I've only watched Bayern 5 or 6 times this season, but he hasn't looked particularly brilliant in any of the games he's played. He was totally outshined by Pogba and Khedira in the 4-2 versus Juventus, for instance - Bayern only showed up when Thiago was subbed in.

In my view Pogba played a great first half but faded more and more away.

For the record, Pogba wasn't bad overall.

Vidal was very important and influencing the match, for example before Muller's goal to make it 2:2 he won the ball and played the decisive pass to Coman who then crossed it to Muller, the rest is history.

Vidal started off slowly but in the last couple of weeks he has become key player.

Great against Juve in both matches and great against Dortmund in the Bundesliga.

I think he was worth the money.

Best man to go to war with.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Vidal is a player I think we've all been in love with for years, me as much as any. The only concern I'd have with this transfer is why on Earth would Bayern let him go. If they are wiling to sell after just one year then Chelsea's decision makers should be asking themselves, "What do Bayern know that we don't?"

Why are you worried about this ? It could be his excesses off the pitch, he could fail to acclimatize and it's Vidal that wants to follow Conte, that's why we're even talking about it. Admittedly I think Vidal could play pivotal role under Ancelotti, he doesn't suit to Guardiola philosophy. But while he struggles under him wouldn't it be wonderful that he would be moved on now ?

If you're talking about him wearing off I'm genuine not concerned by this in the times when you can move Ramires on for 28m€ to China. Is he able to give 2 great seasons under his beloved manager ? I think yes.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You