Arturo Vidal

xPetrCechx

#Chelsea will lodge an initial offer of £34million for Arturo Vidal, but Bayern are likely to reject that and hold out for £40million. [Sun]

Antonio Conte can be confident of luring Arturo Vidal to Stamford Bridge if a deal can be reached with the German giants. [Sun]

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The money they're after and his age should put an end to any interest. That ship has sailed.

He's definitely a "win now" sort of signing rather than a long term one. I still wouldn't mind, though.

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Chelsea give up on Nainggolan, now move in on Vidal

The Giallorossi’s demands were unreachable by Antonio Conte’s club

http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/chelsea-give-nainggolan-now-move-vidal/

It's made up rumour from a guy who I don't even know if exist lol. But nothing he wrote has come off yet which is amazing considering the pace he produces his bullshit. 

He's definitely a "win now" sort of signing rather than a long term one. I still wouldn't mind, though.

Exactly. I thought we weren't going in that direction again. Both asking for stupid amounts, but I'd rather sign Kessie.

I wouldn't mind 40m tbh, if it's during the winter window. I know he's 30, but he'd solidify our title bid this campaign and would anchor our midfield for the champions league next year. I think we could realistically get 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 years of him at his best. A midfield of him and Kante would be dope. 

Why do people care so much about the money? With the amounts of cash pouring in to the clubs right now what difference does it make if Chelsea spend 30 or 40 mil?
If someone told us one month ago that Bayern was offering us 10-20 mil plus Vidal for Oscar, how many would turn that down?

Vidal will turn 30 in May. Footballers dont blow their hips after that, he can easily go full speed until 32, and then act as a rotation option for another year. Having a peak Vidal for 2,5 years is simply put amazing. I think a lot of people fail to realize just how terrifying a midfield of Vidal-Kante would be. Matic is nothing next to this guy, and we are already pretty solid in the middle.
I think we should go for it, but I dont see why Bayern would be willing to sell.  

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Exactly. I thought we weren't going in that direction again. Both asking for stupid amounts, but I'd rather sign Kessie.

Team will rarely win anything significant by signing just inexperienced kids with big potential, never a bad idea to balance things out with a couple experienced world class players. Vidal is turning 30 by next season but that's hardly too old, he should have at least a good 3-4 years in him and he already knows Conte's system well so would assume adaptation period to be minimal.

Vidal or Nainggolan would be perfect but don't think we'll get either. Can't think of any reason why Bayern would be tempted to sell because it's not like their season is going that well and they'd need a replacement, which is difficult in January. And even if he were to go, the player himself would probably prefer a summer move in off-season to get one more league title and a CL title push with Bayern first before moving.

Team will rarely win anything significant by signing just inexperienced kids with big potential, never a bad idea to balance things out with a couple experienced world class players. Vidal is turning 30 by next season but that's hardly too old, he should have at least a good 3-4 years in him and he already knows Conte's system well so would assume adaptation period to be minimal.
Vidal or Nainggolan would be perfect but don't think we'll get either. Can't think of any reason why Bayern would be tempted to sell because it's not like their season is going that well and they'd need a replacement, which is difficult in January. And even if he were to go, the player himself would probably prefer a summer move in off-season to get one more league title and a CL title push with Bayern first before moving.

The price is the issue. £40m isn't good business IMO.

age24 11/12 7.68 - Juventus
age25 12/13 7.77 - Juventus
age26 13/14 7.46 - Juventus
age27 14/15 7.34 - Juventus
Sold to Munich for €40m
age28 15/16 7.40 - Munich 
age29 16/17 6.99 - Munich

This is his whoscored ratings for last 6 years. I take whoscored rating with grain of salt but can be a good measurement to see how players performed in yearly basis. He is surely in decline(albeit still a good player he is) and 2 yrs older than he was when Munich got him for £34m and why the heck we need to splash £40m for soon-to-be 30 yrs old player who is in decline? Not a good business if you ask me. 

Chelsea are planning to sign Bayern Munich's Arturo Vidal in the January transfer window. The midfielder had already played under Antonio Conte in his Juventus days and he is one of Conte's favourite players.

The Blues made a huge sum recently with Oscar's transfer to a Chinese team. Conte told that he will be spending money sensibly in the transfer window and sign only if he really needs the player.

http://www.batngoal.com/arturo-vidal-becomes-chelseas-target/

16 minutes ago, Sasikumar said:

Chelsea are planning to sign Bayern Munich's Arturo Vidal in the January transfer window. The midfielder had already played under Antonio Conte in his Juventus days and he is one of Conte's favourite players.

The Blues made a huge sum recently with Oscar's transfer to a Chinese team. Conte told that he will be spending money sensibly in the transfer window and sign only if he really needs the player.

http://www.batngoal.com/arturo-vidal-becomes-chelseas-target/

Way I see it we have made enoygh out of Oscar to buy a player that will only cost us a few quid in this day and age. So whether we are going to buy him foir the present and get a great player at near his best form for 3 years or so then sell him to China and treble our investment then I'm all for it.

Either that or we invest it on the future and buy a player that will stay and grow with the team.

But in this day where the contract isn't worth the paper its written on and where its unusual for a player to stay the length of them then does it really matter?

Its whoever Conte thinks will suit us the best.

We have  just had him make a dig at whoever bought Bats saying

To spend for spending's sake, I don't like this. I prefer to buy players, adapt our system, people who can come into our team and pass.

So Bats was obviously a board buy.

On 12/30/2016 at 10:48 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Im not sure why we are after another "destroyer" although he is a bit more than that but he is hardly a playmaker. We need someone like Cesc but more mobile and defensively aware.

Like who? These types aren't exactly plentiful

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You