Arturo Vidal

xPetrCechx

12 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I think Conte is great manager in his pragmatic way. There is no way Pep could make Moses and Alonso this good IMO, better say he wouldnt even try. We saw how poor he was with Zabaleta, Sagna and Kolarov who I think would be quite better under Conte. 

City has plenty of talent, and its easier for them to play nice football, but I would still stick to my point regarding Sanchez. Yes last year we were in better position, but IMO performance wise, City shown some serious potential, example being in both games we played, they were better team, but we won in the end. 

I myself am happy we play for win in the end (and not care about how); IMO Pep will struggle there against top teams in CL because he cant adopt. 

But still Pep makes more of players in attacking sense IMO. He just gives them more freedom and plays that football that allows them to shine. 

Conte could easily throw one more attacking player in lineup (Pedro for example) but he doesnt do it. 

Last year we played 3:4:3 and IMO better football than this season. 3:5:2 shown some possibilites, but then we only have Eden instead of Eden and Pedro/Willian/...Fabregas is creative, but we still lack dynamic uptop. 

I think its realy simple to say Sancez would be better at City than here, I had same opinion before this season when we were officialy still the better team. City plays all out attack and 90% of attackers will thrive there better than in our pragmatic style. But that wont guarantee victory for them anyhow.

Therefore I think while Sanchez is good, I dont care if he ends up in city, we shouldnt target him just to get him. There are better players out there that will fit us better and be here for longer time.

What neither can deny though, with Pep or not, City has some long term players there and squad for next 5 years. We have players needing replacing who were brought not long ago like Alonso, half of our first 11 still needs upgrade. We have to start with long term solutions, Alexis is not one. 

I think people underestimate, despite the perceived “lack of quality” Alonso and Moses have, what they brought to the table last year and how they free’d up Willian, Pedro, Hazard to play more centrally which is what people always wanted to happen after the whole Jose asking him to be disciplined come back and help the fullback. Now people want new wing backs, I think we could still improve on both but spending big on players isn’t always a success. Alex Sandro has been pretty poor for Juve this season, there’s no doubting he’s a good player but he could come in and perform just as poorly as he has done at Juventus or worse. I think generally we could do with a better quality of attacking players to help Hazard, Morata and Cesc either from the starting 11 or for the bench.

I think to point at City and go they spent 150m without hesitation on full backs or United having spent 100m on whatever is not always right, you can get the right player for less, sometimes the biggest name isn’t always best. Also if you look at the way the City squad is built with attacking players, they have always been top heavy going back even when Mark Hughes or Mancini was there.

What I like about Conte is he manages to get a system that gets performances out of the likes of Alonso, Moses, Cahill who are good players not particularly top top level, but what they do are crucial to the inside forwards and striker in the team as they provide genuine width and stretch teams. He reminds me of Ferguson in that way, Fergie got average and absolute shite players like Darren Fletcher, Wes Brown, Ji Sung Park, Johnny Evans and whoever else to perform to levels and in ways nobody expected them to. Even last season I didn’t expect us to win the title yet alone compete for it after the previous season but he found something that worked and ultimately you could say it improved almost every players performances at the club as well as influencing clubs to try and replicate his tactics. Peps City are going to win the league and will be remembered for a long time if they continue at this rate and style and whatever but they won’t be the greatest team to have won the league in the past 10 seasons. Conte winning the league last year with that squad and team is probably a greater achievement than anything Pep has done since his days managing Barcelona too imo because it was completely unexpected.

Back to transfers I generally don’t think the issue is Conte picking transfer targets. It’s the club and what was an unbelievably disorganised summer that didn’t help. Arturo Vidal would be an amazing signing despite his age as well. He is a real complete player.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea have made contact with Bayern Munich midfielder Arturo Vidal regarding a possible January transfer, reports Bild

I really can't see him come till the summer IF he comes. With them still in the CL they wont be too keen to let him go without a new lad coming in and they APPARENTLY not going in for Leon Goretzka (Which seems like gooners are going for him)

A player perfectly suited to the PL and who would be a beast against even the top teams in this league. I'd take him in a heartbeat even if it's for just a couple of seasons.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

A player perfectly suited to the PL and who would be a beast against even the top teams in this league. I'd take him in a heartbeat even if it's for just a couple of seasons.

Yeah I reckon hes still fit as a butchers dog and playing full 90mins. Probably got 4 years in him but would we alter our 1 yeae contracts to sigb him?

I dont know how we would set our midfield up but he would open up alot of options for us A Vidal,Kante,Drinks or Cescy would be very interesting.

11 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Probably got 4 years in him but would we alter our 1 yeae contracts to sigb him?

It's about time we change that outdated policy. There are more and more players nowadays who can still play at the top level in their mid-30s.

6 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

It's about time we change that outdated policy. There are more and more players nowadays who can still play at the top level in their mid-30s.

Yes mate. Specially with the physios,training and medical teams around now. These players aren't the out all night clubbing have a pint at half time lads of old. They're highly trained millionaire sportsmen. We need to look at each player as an individual not a generalization.

Wanting Vidal is not that special to me. What is special to me is that we STILL want to bring another midfielder, even if we've bought Drinky and Baka. That is like admitting that Baka is not good enough so let's buy someone cheap and proven, like Vidal. (I assume he is cheap, lad is 30, cannot be that expensive). Good. Great.

24 minutes ago, El P. said:

Wanting Vidal is not that special to me. What is special to me is that we STILL want to bring another midfielder, even if we've bought Drinky and Baka. That is like admitting that Baka is not good enough so let's buy someone cheap and proven, like Vidal. (I assume he is cheap, lad is 30, cannot be that expensive). Good. Great.

He'd be an ideal stop-gap until Baka develops to the standards we expect, or doesn't and we can ship him out without damage done to our results. Vidal, Kante, Cesc would be a very formidable midfield. Imagine going against Vidal and Kante, even if you get past them somehow you still have to face 3 CBs looking to take you down. And in attack he would offer something our other midfielders cannot offer.

Just now, manpe said:

He'd be an ideal stop-gap until Baka develops to the standards we expect, or doesn't and we can ship him out without damage done to our results. Vidal, Kante, Cesc would be a very formidable midfield. Imagine going against Vidal and Kante, even if you get past them somehow you still have to face 3 CBs looking to take you down. And in attack he would offer something our other midfielders cannot offer.

Well, if you have Vidal and Kante, you may not need to have 3 CBs to cover their asses, too. :D

Just now, El P. said:

Well, if you have Vidal and Kante, you may not need to have 3 CBs to cover their asses, too. :D

Yeah :D And then imagine if we added Sandro and Mahrez, the ones we are linked with the strongest, suddenly we'd look a proper world class team. One can dream...

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Yeah :D And then imagine if we added Sandro and Mahrez, the ones we are linked with the strongest, suddenly we'd look a proper world class team. One can dream...

Oh stop, don't get my hopes up... it mostly ends up in tears. :(

Yeah [emoji3] And then imagine if we added Sandro and Mahrez, the ones we are linked with the strongest, suddenly we'd look a proper world class team. One can dream...
Have a feeling we will end up with Mahrez and the odd squad player.

22 minutes ago, manpe said:

That is literally all it takes to maje us that World Class team. Three players. Just do it Roman. Just do it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You