PSG 3-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Actually there were two real chaces, the header from Lavezzi and the shoot from Cavani.

IMO, putting pressure can consist in keeping the ball as much as possible which makes opposition players running much more (Chelsea looked very tired at the end of the game) and obliges the opponent to play very low on the pitch.

What bothers me is that you're ( not you in particular) basically saying that "Chelsea played their usual game but because of Terry, Lampard and Cech's mistakes, they lost". But Chelsea usual game is based on defense and counter attacks, but in the 2nd half, I can only remember about one counter attack (correct me if i'm wrong) that Thiago Silva stopped. In the whole game, Chelsea had only 4 shoots while they had 12 against Man City. Chelsea played an offensive game from the first goal until the end of the first half, which worked out pretty well as Paris had troubles to play without having the ball; then Chelsea let the ball to the opponent, as they usually do, but this time, they did not have any very dangerous counter attack. I'm not in Mourinho's mind, but to me it looked more like an obligation than a choice.

No offense but I think you overrate a little bit your defense. I just watched Man City-Chelsea highlights, as Chelsea supporters often mention that game when it comes to their defense, and not taking goals by Man City was almost a miracle.

Then, don't want to sound "everyone is right, everyone is wrong", but it's hard not to be partial as you watch every Chelsea's game, you know roughly how Paris play but rarely see their games, and vice-versa (for me at least). I understand you may have "recognized" Chelsea (except for individual mistakes) but we recognized Paris too in the second half, high possession ball but not necessarily many goal chances in the game, as Paris crushed Lyon 4-0 just by keeping the ball with 4 goals on set pieces.

We have been having an interesting debate about the match for the 2 previous pages, no insult, no troll, ...

But as the majority of your messages are just "Fuck PSG, fuck PSG fans", "Come on Chelsea, we are the best", I understand you're bored when there are no trolls battles.

I get your enthusiasm and passion for PSG friend and it is all good:) I wasn't trying to take anything away from PSG. I was rather trying to be objective with the tactical shifting that occurred. I was emphasizing on two points:

1- You took the 2nd half from us because of midfield

2- You were not very dangerous and Cech was didn;t have much trouble ( though he perormed badly in the ONLY shot on target-your 3rd goal)

Now surely that takes nothing from PSG, right:)?

As far as City is concerned, I think you missed the three shots that hit the bar and the posts :) You gotta watch the entire game to know how we played and judge on that. Highlights don't really tell you how good a team performed tactically on the pitch

Mourinho said: 'The Champions League is not over, clearly. It's not over: far from it. If a player doesn't believe it's not over, it's better to stay at home. If any supporter thinks not possible, better to stay at home and watch Dortmund versus Real Madrid on the television. It's not over.

Just believe people! it's more than doable.

As far as City is concerned, I think you missed the three shots that hit the bar and the posts :) You gotta watch the entire game to know how we played and judge on that. Highlights don't really tell you how good a team performed tactically on the pitch

Don't worry, I didn't miss that, I even mentioned it above, 12 shots while counter attacking is a huge number, Chelsea could have scored much more. I was just giving my opinion about the defensive performance, not about whether Chelsea deserved to win or not :)