Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

He can finish aswell. Look at his record for the Egyptian NT.

1. I don't like to compare club statistics to NT statistics

2. Watch that whole video, it displays his poor overall game (bar speed and dribbling)

3. HOWEVER, since that match was from last April, he could have improved his overall game, but it can't have been by much in such a short space of time.

2. Watch that whole video, it displays his poor overall game (bar speed and dribbling)

3. HOWEVER, since that match was from last April, he could have improved his overall game, but it can't have been by much in such a short space of time.

1. I agree, but NT performances are still not to be overlooked completely.

2. I watched it. Some shocking missed chances and misplaced passes there but also shows me exactly why he was bought, he's got some great attributes and he offers an entirely different dimension to our other AMs and can make a huge impact on a game when he's on his day. He's still young and can improve massively over the next few years and if he does, there's nothing stopping him to become one of the best wingers in the world.

3. So basically you're judging his overall game based on a single match, which happens to be probably his worst performance in a Chelsea shirt. Everyone has games like that every once in a while, I'm pretty sure we would find plenty of similar performances from Hazard if we started going through matches one by one but really, what's the point? Works the other way too, Torres is still shit even though he's had a few magical performances and individual highlights from those games make him look like a real world beater.

1. I agree, but NT performances are still not to be overlooked completely.

2. I watched it. Some shocking missed chances and misplaced passes there but also shows me exactly why he was bought, he's got some great attributes and he offers an entirely different dimension to our other AMs and can make a huge impact on a game when he's on his day. He's still young and can improve massively over the next few years and if he does, there's nothing stopping him to become one of the best wingers in the world.

3. So basically you're judging his overall game based on a single match, which happens to be probably his worst performance in a Chelsea shirt. Everyone has games like that every once in a while, I'm pretty sure we would find plenty of similar performances from Hazard if we started going through matches one by one but really, what's the point? Works the other way too, Torres is still shit even though he's had a few magical performances and individual highlights from those games make him look like a real world beater.

2. I personally don't see what he offers that, say, Willian doesn't offer. The only thing he has that our other attacking mids don't have is blistering pace, which even without him we have in abundance. Sure he has good dribbling, but so do Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle and Hazard. However he is young and he can improve (he has a bright future), I agree with you on that part, but one of the best wingers in the world? I can't predict the future but it seems a bit over the top. He could go on to become a great winger, but I don't know. Salah is an odd player like that.

imo his weakest aspect was his decision making, but he seems to have improved that a bit during pre-season, but then again that was when he was playing on the left.

3. Fair enough, it may have been a bit unfair on my part but he's not really had many outstanding performances for us. Other than the Stoke game he's been average in all the games he's played for us, if that's down to the physicality of the Premier League or because he's only been here for 6 months (at the time) I don't know

1) I take both into consideration. You judge a player on the whole, and not just at club level.

2) You can't judge a player from one match.

3) Until he starts a game this season for us, we will never know how much he has improved, if at all.

1) I take both into consideration. You judge a player on the whole, and not just at club level.

2) You can't judge a player from one match.

3) Until he starts a game this season for us, we will never know how much he has improved, if at all.

Read my post on the last page.

I did read it, but I am making my points. I personally think you are writing him off too easily, but each to their own.

I'm not writing him off, I even said that he's not a bad player and that he has potential to be great. I personally would like to see him make it here, he offers something different on the RW being a natural left footer. He just needs to improve his overall game significantly or I feel he'll be sold in 2-3 years time

I'm not writing him off, I even said that he's not a bad player and that he has potential to be great. I personally would like to see him make it here, he offers something different on the RW being a natural left footer. He just needs to improve his overall game significantly or I feel he'll be sold in 2-3 years time

I agree. I personally believe he needs to play consecutive matches to get up to the speed of Prem. He got that to an extent at the end of last season, but mainly because of the CL challenge and him being cup tied.

I know he has what it takes to succeed here, but he needs to be given a chance to show what he can do.

I agree. I personally believe he needs to play consecutive matches to get up to the speed of Prem. He got that to an extent at the end of last season, but mainly because of the CL challenge and him being cup tied.

I know he has what it takes to succeed here, but he needs to be given a chance to show what he can do.

I believe a Premier League loan would be very beneficial to him, a loan to a club like Stoke or Southampton would be great for him.

I believe a Premier League loan would be very beneficial to him, a loan to a club like Stoke or Southampton would be great for him.

I don't think so. He was one of the star players for Basel in Europe two seasons in a row, then fight to avoid relegation. Pointless career choice IMO.

What good did that do for Assaidi?

He did reasonably well at Stoke, but it hasn't improved his chances at Liverpool at all. A loan move is good for players trying to make a name for themselves. He has already made one, and that is why Chelsea bought him.

I don't think so. He was one of the star players for Basel in Europe two seasons in a row, then fight to avoid relegation. Pointless career choice IMO.

What good did that do for Assaidi?

He did reasonably well at Stoke, but it hasn't improved his chances at Liverpool at all. A loan move is good for players trying to make a name for themselves. He has already made one, and that is why Chelsea bought him.

With all due respect, the Swiss league is weak. I'm pretty sure Basel would get relegated if they were in the premier league. Stoke and Southampton aren't relegation candidates at all.

The point of a loan is to make a name for yourself and prove yourself to the manager (as you've stated) and maybe he has made a name, but how many matches would he realistically start? 9 in the premier league, 3 in the CL and then the league and FA Cup matches? It's not enough for a player of his age.

Assaidi's loan was unsuccessful because he wasn't good enough for Stoke.

I don't believe Basel would be relegated. Better team than the likes of Burnley, Leceister, West Brom, Queens Park, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Hull.

The English league outside of the top eight or so clubs is vastly overrated.

They're not better than Leicester imo