Nemanja Matic

.Cee

On 31.5.2017 at 4:46 PM, TheWiz said:

I don't know .. I mean ... I can only say that we disagree on many Points ...

1) I've seen Matic dribble ... past ... two, threee even four Opponents nonchalantly. Never seen Kante do that. I really don't understand what you base your Opinion on. His passing is not underrated, compared to Matic. It's weak. He also lacks the Vision Matic posesses.

2) Of coure he makes more Runs .. He is positioned more offensively while Matic has more defensive Duties. I agree with you that he is faster than Matic, He is more lively  .. I also believe he is equal a Tackler ... maybe even better. But he does not posess Matics Vision and Passing Accuracy.

3) Yeah .. I think I can agree here.

As fore hitting the Ball ... Yeah I mean .. hitting a Wonder Goal once  is nice and probably Coincidence .. Hitting Wonder Goals Twice ore more is most likely Skill and Talent ...

You are right, Matic has a knack of scoring cracker goals every few years. That is fine for highlight reels, but I prefer central midifielders who score double figures of ugly goals every season over players who score only a nominal amount of goals no matter how beautiful those are. 

His performance in the 1-0 win at City in 2014 is one of my favourite memories of that season. His physical battle with Yaya was thrilling and he dominated that midfield. His 2014 was amazing. If he were stil that good, I would be adamant to keep him, but his performances have deteriorated so much since then, I am still rubbing my eyes how such a talented player has become such a useless beanpole in minimum time. That being said...

On 31.5.2017 at 8:23 PM, TheWiz said:

You are right. And I fear the worst ... Rumours about him leaving to United are intensifying day by day ...

16:00pm: Nemanja Matic reportedly wants to quit Chelsea for Manchester United.

That is according to the Manchester Evening News, who claim he wants to link up with Jose Mourinho again.

Mourinho is targeting a central midfielder in order to coax the best out of Paul Pogba next season.

And Matic could now make the move to Old Trafford - with both clubs now haggling over a fee. 

Please don't let him leave Antonio. Just don't ...

giphy.gif

Would be hilarious if Jose goes for a Fellaini- Matic double pivot. 

Jokes aside, I think we should keep him as a squad player. He has some weaknesses, but against most premier league clubs he can be useful when he is used properly. Of course he isn´t a good athlete, which means that it is far from a good idea to start him all season, his stamina is pretty underwhelming for a professional footballer. I hope we sign good midfielder, altough there aren´t many of decent quality on the market. I think Corentin Tolisso is quite good, because he can put in a shift defensively while he is also able to dictate the play from midfield. He has exactly the attributes which we are looking for, but I don´t know if he is good enough to transfer his style to England yet. 

It's Contes job to lure out the best of a Player.

We've all seen what a Matic on top of his Game is able to do. We saw it two Seasons ago ... When he forced opposing Midfields into Submission on a regular Basis, when he marshalled our Midfield better than any Chelsea Player before him in History.

If Conte is not able to squeeze the best out of a footballing Genius like Matic, then what can we expect from Conte in the upcoming Seasons, with Midfielders like Bakayoko or Nainggolan, who are far less versatile compared to Matic?

The Fact we have not sold him yet to United ore any other Club is a good Sign fore Conte knowing much more about his Players, than we do.

34 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

We've all seen what a Matic on top of his Game is able to do. We saw it two Seasons ago ... When he forced opposing Midfields into Submission on a regular Basis, when he marshalled our Midfield better than any Chelsea Player before him in History.

If Conte is not able to squeeze the best out of a footballing Genius like Matic, then what can we expect from Conte in the upcoming Seasons, with Midfielders like Bakayoko or Nainggolan, who are far less versatile compared to Matic?

The Fact we have not sold him yet to United ore any other Club is a good Sign fore Conte knowing much more about his Players, than we do.

Oh my god, are you for real? I am starting to think you are not trolling... "when he marshalled our Midfield better than any Chelsea Player before him in History"... How deluded can you get... 

I mean, I like Matic but to say he is a football genius is an insult for the sport.

And Nainggolan is less versatile than him :D LOL

1 hour ago, Footballover said:

Oh my god, are you for real? I am starting to think you are not trolling... "when he marshalled our Midfield better than any Chelsea Player before him in History"... How deluded can you get...

I am not deluded.

Ok maybe I was wrong, and Gianfranco Zola was better ... But that's about it.

And yes, Matic is a Football Genius ... And it's Conte's Job to reach deep and drag it out of Matic right on that Pitch.

1 hour ago, TheWiz said:

I am not deluded.

Ok maybe I was wrong, and Gianfranco Zola was better ... But that's about it.

And yes, Matic is a Football Genius ... And it's Conte's Job to reach deep and drag it out of Matic right on that Pitch.

Deluded is not the word for it son are you seriously saying that Matic is only behind Zola in Chelsea's all time best player?. Matic the genius who was sold to Benfica had one good season for us and looks like he's on his way to Man United ?

matic is still a good player. he is valuable for this team. not sure if he is a starter material tho, but his skill would be immense if something bad happens. we desperately need depth.

would never sold to any english team, especially not to united. 

buy another midfielder and keep matic. no one guarantees that the new midfielder is going to be better than matic. 

How can you all have such a low bar for quality? What on earth does Matic offer that a random youth player like Chalobah doesn't? Is it his 1 goal per season? It's not his non-existent interceptions or his clumsy tackling. Is it just because he's very tall and doesn't fall down much? It's created the illusion he's a wall of some kind and not a flimsy piece of dead tree? Players get past him every single game. Every single time.

Critical thinking is lacking in a world where 'he should be kept as a squad player, he's alright' is good enough to start for Chelsea. Critical thinking is lacking in the suggestion that Matic is demoted to the bench; Is 'alright' good enough when we're feeling the pressure in a Champions League semi-final, and need to bring on a player which gives us some sort of edge? What a waste of space that would be.

He doesn't have the ability to do anything from the sub bench other than add fresh legs. You want to reject 40m+ for some fresh legs? You fear United unlocking this player?

And what does he do when he starts? As much as Mikel did, but we won't open that bag of worms. We got rid of him for a reason. He got the same exact intensity poured onto him as Matic is having right now for a reason. Because take away 1 wondergoal from Matic a season... what's the difference. Nothing. I thought we were supposed to have upgraded our squad, but every midfield from 2010 has been at least as strong as this one; every one before it being stronger.

3 hours ago, Leif said:

1) How can you all have such a low bar for quality?

2) What on earth does Matic offer that a random youth player like Chalobah doesn't?

3) Players get past him every single game. Every single time.

4) He doesn't have the ability to do anything from the sub bench other than add fresh legs.

1) I have asked myself that same Question when Ballack came here as the "Most Goalthreatening Midfielder" in Europe. What followed was him scoring 17 Goals in 5 Years as an Attacking Midfielder. Matic is a different Story tough.

2) I can tell you what Matic offers that most Footballers don't possess. An Eye fore Space, Vision, the Ability to open Opponents Defenses with Passes out of his Hip, The Ability to score Goals if need be and an uncanny Ability to Dribble past multiple Players and bring Balance to any Midfield. However this Matic cannot be unleashed if he is shackled to Defensive Duties.

3) I will tell you something. Players get past Players every single Game on any Day of the Week. That's Football.

4) But he has the Ability to marshall Midfields and initiate offensive plays.

And he is a Champion. He won us 2 Titles in 3 Years. He is a Winner.

If you had to choose between a suboptimally playing Matic who wins us Titles ore an amazingly playing Naingollan or Bakayoko, who doesn't win us any Titles .. Who would you choose?

2) Chances created: 27

3) Assists: 9

4) Passes Completed: 1602

5) Pass Accuracy: 88%

6) Forward Passes: 77% (Matic, the "TalkChelsea Squarepasser" .. LoL)

7) Shot Accuracy: 54%

8) League Titles past 3 Years: 2

While I do aggree that Stats don't tell the whole Story, there is no doubt that Stats + Results finishing in Success definately do.

That's an Equation noone can deny.

I'll be honest now, although I know that some Forum Users will attack me fore it ...

I'd love to bring in Naingollan (after analysing his play and watching some Youtube Videos) in order fore him to partner up with Matic, while Kante remains on the Bench as Backup next Season ore as Rotational Player.

Naingollan (acting more defensively) playing right behind Matic (who acts more as a Playmaker) would be enormous.

I believe this Core would be devastating fore any opposing Midfield .. be it Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve or any other Team.

There won't be a Matic - Naingollan Partnership anytime soon, it seems ..

Radja Nainggolan believes that Antonio Conte is “still a little angry” that he rejected a move to Chelsea last summer.

Roma midfielder Nainggolan was thought to be one of Conte’s primary transfer targets last summer, but he eventually turned down a switch to Stamford Bridge.

Conte instead landed N’Golo Kante for £30million and paired him most often with Nemanja Matic in midfield as Chelsea cruised to the Premier League title.

Nainggolan once again enjoyed a fine season in Italy, helping Roma finish second in Serie A, while they reached the Coppa Italia semi-finals.

The 29-year-old is not expecting to hear from Conte again however, as he thinks the Italian is still “angry” with him.

“I haven’t heard from Conte this year,” he told Italia 1. “I think he’s probably still a little angry with me about last year. At least I think he is, I don’t know.

“I get very fond of places and if you earn a certain respect, it’s because you’ve given them something. I am happy in Rome, I like playing where I do now and changing club often is not my style. I showed love.”

17 hours ago, Jason said:

This thread since last Saturday...

MrW5mUX.gif

Reminds me of the Kalou debate. 

Although to be fair he was a good player to have on the bench. 

Might be the same case with Matic. 

Not good for starting 11, but good to have on the bench. 

On 2017-6-2 at 5:52 AM, TheWiz said:

2 Things.

First, Lamps? Make-fucking-lele?

Second, what is it with the ore and fore? At first I thought it was a typo, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Nothing big, just can't help but notice that.

14 hours ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

2 Things.

First, Lamps? Make-fucking-lele?

Yeah I mean, I was talking about the one sensational Season, not his overall Performance since he came back to Chelsea.

The Thing is this I believe ...

Matic set such an abnormally high Standard two Seasons ago, that whenever he performs below that Level, People feel like he's the main reason why we lose (single) Games, instead of carrying us from flawless Victory to flawless Victory - Although he still wins us Titles.

So big was his Influence back then, that People came up with Terms like the "Matic Position"

You don't play like that just by coincidence. That's not possible in Football. You are either able to perform a certain Level ore you are not.

And if Matic, fore whatever reason, is not able to release his Magic by his own, it's Conte's Job to help him find a way to do so.

Because, if Conte can't release the best Matic possible, what can we expect from him when it comes to Players who are far less talented than Matic?