• Mikel
    • De Bruyne
    • Willian
    • Schurrle
    • Eto'o
    • Essien (sub)
    • Ba (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

Just wow. I left in the 65th minute for work and just saw the result and comments here. However, I could see it coming when Eto'o missed the golden opportunity. How typical for this Mourinho era - we have chances to kill the game, secure the win but we fail to do so and pay for it eventually. It really sucks as I really wanted to win this cup, it's been years since our last triumph in it.

A lot of work needs to be done in January, sadly.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demba Ba is slower than most zombies of Walking dead, Eto'o takes forever to adjust himself and then shoots wide, he should really give a thought again about selling groundnuts in his village. Good for him !! Mikel should just forget how to football. :s He already doesnt know how to tackle or pass forward. Ah ! Such a shame. Sorry but these players can only give a decent performance once every 6 months. Disappointed as hell. Willian and Azpi only positives for me today. Mark decent.

To think Etoo is getting paid over $150k per week for this pathetic performances?? Mourinho to be honest fucked up by loaning out Lukaku, I hope we also get Cabaye and a fucking left back cant believe I am saying this but Ashley Cole's career is done, As for Essien I have no words to be honest, at this rate he cannot even make the Fulham squad we should cut our losses. A lot of players have over stayed their welcome. Lampard, Essien, Cole and Mikel just to name a few. I also hope we sell KDB his good but not great. We can get a decent offer to invest into an actual central mid, As for Ivanovic we should sell him soon he is already 30 and almost past his sell by date. The problem with CFC is it holds on to players for far too long. Demba Ba should be sold for about 10 million and invest it into the new striker fund, As for Torres no one will pay him his crazy wages guess we are stuck with him for another 2 years.

Torres, Ba and Etoo all need to go. KDB too.

Agreed particularly Etoo he was woeful how I wished we had an Aguero or Suarez although I hate them both, so gutted tonight guess I expected better, thought we were onto good things this season, it's been bad.

Reading this thread not having seen the game is hilarious =D

Sack Jose, sell our front 3, lost our only chance of silverware, waah waah, while being 2nd in the league and in the knockout stages of the CL, brilliant.

Was it that bad?

No, it was not. After a relatively dour first 45 minutes, we opened the 2nd half with a goal from a lovely low cross from Azpi. We then completely dominated proceedings and looked very threatening to get a second for the next forty-some odd minutes at which time Sunderland actually created a good chance (if recall correctly, the only one they had up to that point) and, of course, scored an equalizer. Extra time was a much more back and forth affair, and, unfortunately, we were downed by a Ki winner a few minutes from time.

I think much of my and others' frustration and anger about this match is bore from the manner that we lost and the quality of the opponent. The same themes and shortcomings of this team are revisited on an alarmingly regular basis.

If we had lost with half the youth team there I would not have been pissed. But the fucking average age of that team out there was over 28 taking out Schwazer and KDB who are outliers. Fucking give the youth a chance, This whole season we have not had a youth player on the bench which is fucking pathetic to be honest

Funny how at the beginning of the season it's like "We know Jose can't win all the trophies, it will be an ok season" but then after losing games it becomes like "We're the worst team EVER!"... Do you want us to win every single game and tournament? We're far from being a perfect team and you knew we'd get defeated more than we used to with Jose in his first spell so please, please deal with it, it's so irritating.

exept willian everybody was below par....but the worst was not essien!! he is not a RB and did a decent job( or no job ) but luiz was bad ...mikel was mikel!!....bryune was playing for himself(dont see much of a future @ chelsea)....and shurrle was also bad today!! he instead of taking an easy chance tght of passing the bloody ball to no where....Lampard is not bad but just pathetic at that position(but he gave the best pass and meaningful runs after willian!!)...eto less said the better....

i bet mourinho planned for ramires and essien pivot for arsenal match...now essien will have to sit it out....

But everybody here note this...this is the turning point.....for all the above problems we still have one solution...MOURINHO...

If anybody can drill the message into the board for investing in the right areas instead of a truck load of attacking mids

And if anybody can morph the at hand team into something of a title contender it is him....

I dread to imagine any other manager at the helm at this position...

hoping for a special moment on monday ....

:noexpression::sweating:

Chelsea NEEDED to lose this. And it needs to lose the game against Arsenal too. Nothing relevant will be done with this squad without a good scare...

We CAN'T remain tolerant about winning games we don't deserve to win, we CAN'T remain tolerant about these fucking useless strikers.

Torres, Ba and Etoo all need to go. KDB too.

let's hope we don't do another Sheva/Torres. or we will probably just buy another attacking midfielder.

Yeah man - those were great days :)

I'm sick of this 4-2-3-1 formation

PLEASE CAN IT FUCK OFF AND TRY 4-4-2 instead or even 3-5-2

Something - FOR 3 FUCKING YEARS I HAVE BEEN SICK OF THAT DOUBLE FUCKING PIVOT

Been saying the exact same thing for a number of years now, never understood why we play with 5 at the back, sometimes 6 especially when we are home against sides that park the bus - no logic in that at all. I could understand the decision to play a holding midfielder when needs must and when we had a world class player in Makelele that just oozed class in that role, unfortunately only Ballack in our double winning year has made it work. Taken a few years of convincing members on here that Mikel is not the answer.......

Simple facts are we are not performing, many players are playing below their ability, imho a change of formation will improve our current form on the pitch, lets face facts we cannot play any worse. We saw the benefits of 2 striker's on the pitch against Southampton, though it's still a massive worry about who to play there!

On tonight I'm not that bothered about going out but when the bottom of the table wants it more you have to question the players heart, there was a severe lack of determination to win it, we looked a broken team in extra time, Jose has his work cut out of that I have no doubt but I won't be joining the group of detractors that are growing with every poor result - most will change their tune if we beat Arsenal next.

William was brilliant.

Schurle was more interested in proving a point than helping the team.

The Bruyne was really bad, the definition of a killing attack machine.

Essien is a former footballer.

Mourinho keeps paying the price for playing Lampard as a DM.

Cole still needs to find his old form.

Hazard was fuckin awfull. Played for 40 minutes and was useless at best.