Drogba Vs Eto'o Vs Ibrahimovic

Hamon

Drogba vs Eto'o vs Ibrahimovic  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been the best at his peak?

Putting aside for a while the Blue Colours (otherwise it would obviously be a plebiscite for The Drog), I'm asking you this question: who do you think has been the best between these three absolute champions?

In their own personal way everyone of them has written the history of modern football, and this day I'm asking you who would you pick, at their respective best form, and why.

Let make this be a pure, genuine football discussion. :dude:

Didier Drogba

So far, for Didier, these are the stats:

-) Clubs - 577 caps, 256 goals

-) Ivory Coast - 98 caps, 63 goals

-) Total - 675 caps, 319 goals

----------------------------------------------

Few personal records:

first african player ever to score 100 goals in EPL; all time top scorer of Ivory Coast; foreign player who scored more goals in Chelsea's shirt.

Best personal club season: 2009/2010 season (Chelsea):

In that season Drogba scored 37 goals and delivered 16 assists in 44 total appearances.

He thus directly contributed to realize 53 of the 142 goals scored by the team: it means that the 37,3% of Chelsea's goals has been directly made by Drogba.

Samuel Eto'o

So far, for Samuel, these are the stats:

-) Clubs - 583 caps, 294 goals

-) Cameroon - 114 caps, 55 goals

-) Total - 697 caps, 349 goals

Few personal records:

only player in football history to have done two "Trebles", furthermore with two different clubs; Cameroon all time top scorer; African Cup all time top scorer.

Best personal club season: 2010/2011 (Inter):

In that season Eto'o scored 37 goals and delivered 17 assists in 53 total appearances.

He thus directly contributed to realize 54 of the 104 goals scored by the team: it means that the 52% of Inter's goals has been directly made by Eto'o.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

So far, for Zlatan, these are the stats:

-) Clubs - 557 caps, 280 goals

-) Sweden - 94 caps, 46 goals

-) Total - 651 caps, 326 goals

Few personal records:

only player to be Serie A top scorer with two different clubs (Inter and AC Milan); only player to have scored in Champions League with six different teams; only player to have won the Super Cup of four different nations.

Best personal club season: 2012/2013 (PSG):

In that season Ibrahimovic scored 35 goals and delivered 18 assists in 47 total appearances.

He thus directly contributed to realize 53 of the 101 goals scored by the team: it means that the 52,4% of PSG's goals has been directly made by Ibrahimovic.

---------------------

Personally, my order is:

- At their peak: 1) Eto'o 2) Drogba 3) Ibrahimovic.

- Now: 1) Ibrahimovic (probably Ibra is at his peak right now) 2) Drogba 3) Eto'o.

Anyway, sure they are three legends. :tophat:

Let me know what you all think. ;)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close call. Difficult to judge this without Chelsea glasses on. But I think it is between Eto'o and Drogba cos Ibrahimovic has never won the CL, whilst Drogba and Eto'o even scored in at least one final each. In the end i have to agree with you. Drobgba might have hit his peak in a far stronger league than the two others, but Etoo has won the CL three times, the third time even without a Messi or Ronaldinho in his side. Also he has won the Africa Cup with a Cameroon side that was not remotedly as strong as the Ivory coast one Drogba has played in.

Etoo should not even be in the comparison it is embarrassing for him. Both Zlatan and Dogba are beasts of the game, goal machine. When they are on, it's going to be a cracker. Yes Etoo was once good but still never as good as Drogba.

Etoo should not even be in the comparison it is embarrassing for him. Both Zlatan and Dogba are beasts of the game, goal machine. When they are on, it's going to be a cracker. Yes Etoo was once good but still never as good as Drogba.

Bit harsh. Eto'o is basically the joint best African striker with Drogba of the last 15 years. In fact I know that some Africans even rate him higher than Drogba. Some people have said hes the best African born striker since Eusebio who played for Portugal but was born in Africa.

Removing my massive blue tinted glasses,

ibra flopped in a lot of big games, drogba's and eto scored goals in finals when the team needed them most.

Eto is the greatest african since 2000,(4 times african best player) hence eto wins this in their peak.

Bit harsh. Eto'o is basically the joint best African striker with Drogba of the last 15 years. In fact I know that some Africans even rate him higher than Drogba. Some people have said hes the best African born striker since Eusebio who played for Portugal but was born in Africa.

I disagree, that's life making-bronx-cheer-smiley-emoticon.gif

You really don't like Eto'o do you? :P;)

At their prime I'd probably say Didier for his overall game and the leadership he gives to the team. But in terms of single performances, I think Zlatan is capable of the best performance in a single game, but he is rather in consistent. Eto'o was the most consistent of the three and I'd probably choose him to have had for 5-6 seasons at his prime.

Ibrahimovic and Drogba are more complete footballers than Eto'o can ever be, not just because of their greater aerial threat but also in their style of play.

I'd go for Drogs any day, Zlatan is just overrated because he scores awesome goals.

In my opinion Didier Drogba.

Why? Arguably the greatest big-game Player ever.He is also known for his leadership.The Drog also had to score in a more difficult league than Samuel Eto´o.

Ibra often goes missing in big-games and I don´t like his personality,altough I have to admit he scores amazing goals.

So I would go with Drogba.The bigger the occasion,the better the response!

None of them compare to Fat Ronaldo in his prime :) That dude was insanely good

I agree, Ronaldo in his prime was literally superhuman: Maradona and Pele's level here.

Despite all the problems and injuries he has suffered, he managed to score 414 goals in 616 games, with a ratio that Eto'o, Drogba and Ibra can only dream of.

Also, before his problems, at mere 20 years old, he already had scored 200 goals in a little more than 200 games.

Insane.

Well, Cristiano Ronaldo is a monster for sure: 387 goals in 644 games so far speak for him, but he never got close to what Ronaldo de Lima used to be.

I personally think that, at the end, Cristiano will be placed between R9 and the likes of Eto'o/Drogba/Ibra in an hypothetical order.

Anyway, I'd personally choose a prime Eto'o and a prime Drogba over CR every time

• 4 weeks later...

Why such a big deal is made for Ibrahimovic.. he is like Mario Gomez... hat trick every time against the bad team, but when things become difficult, he is disappearing... How many goals he have in Champions League knockout stage? I am thinking very little, less than 5.

One thing we are forgetting when we say Eto'o is better than Drogba. Barcelona is better than Chelsea, in La Liga, scoring goals is easier than in Premier League.. the defending is not so good as in England 2004-2010... and Eto'o have such a great team. Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Deco... then in Inter, he have Sneijder. We have no creative player as good as when Drogba is playing, until Mata, and that is Drogba's last season so it is not fair.

Maybe if Eto'o does not play for Barcelona, then he is not so good. Drogba is much better for Côte d'Ivoire than Eto'o is for Cameroon.. and these two teams, roughly at the same level. It is a more fair comparison, and this is why I say, if Drogba have such great midfielders, and plays in weaker league, then he will score more than Eto'o.