Drogba Vs Eto'o Vs Ibrahimovic

Hamon

Drogba vs Eto'o vs Ibrahimovic  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been the best at his peak?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why such a big deal is made for Ibrahimovic.. he is like Mario Gomez... hat trick every time against the bad team, but when things become difficult, he is disappearing... How many goals he have in Champions League knockout stage? I am thinking very little, less than 5.

One thing we are forgetting when we say Eto'o is better than Drogba. Barcelona is better than Chelsea, in La Liga, scoring goals is easier than in Premier League.. the defending is not so good as in England 2004-2010... and Eto'o have such a great team. Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Deco... then in Inter, he have Sneijder. We have no creative player as good as when Drogba is playing, until Mata, and that is Drogba's last season so it is not fair.

Maybe if Eto'o does not play for Barcelona, then he is not so good. Drogba is much better for Côte d'Ivoire than Eto'o is for Cameroon.. and these two teams, roughly at the same level. It is a more fair comparison, and this is why I say, if Drogba have such great midfielders, and plays in weaker league, then he will score more than Eto'o.

I would say in the years we won back to back title's we were better than them, yes they had Ronaldinho but we picked up more points in the PL in 04/05,05/06 than they picked up in La Liga in them season's.

Why such a big deal is made for Ibrahimovic.. he is like Mario Gomez... hat trick every time against the bad team, but when things become difficult, he is disappearing... How many goals he have in Champions League knockout stage? I am thinking very little, less than 5.

One thing we are forgetting when we say Eto'o is better than Drogba. Barcelona is better than Chelsea, in La Liga, scoring goals is easier than in Premier League.. the defending is not so good as in England 2004-2010... and Eto'o have such a great team. Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Deco... then in Inter, he have Sneijder. We have no creative player as good as when Drogba is playing, until Mata, and that is Drogba's last season so it is not fair.

Maybe if Eto'o does not play for Barcelona, then he is not so good. Drogba is much better for Côte d'Ivoire than Eto'o is for Cameroon.. and these two teams, roughly at the same level. It is a more fair comparison, and this is why I say, if Drogba have such great midfielders, and plays in weaker league, then he will score more than Eto'o.

We were better than Barca in 2005, 2007-08, and in some debate 2010. Drogba had the likes of both Lampard, Essien, Cole, Duff, Ballack, and Makalele in their prime so that is a bit of an unfair statement. Not to mention Eto'o played as an inverted winger from 2007-2011 and Cameroon don't nearly have the same talent as the Ivory coast

Etoo should not even be in the comparison it is embarrassing for him. Both Zlatan and Dogba are beasts of the game, goal machine. When they are on, it's going to be a cracker. Yes Etoo was once good but still never as good as Drogba.

I honestly believe you've never watched him for Barça and Inter... the way you keep dismissing him on his thread and Torres' since forever shows me that you either don't know a thing about him or you have some hatred for the guy (or maybe it's something else more related to Torres)... Dismissing the history of someone of his caliber as you often do doesn't seem reasonable at all. But to each their own...

I rate Eto'o > Drogba >>>> Ibra, although I'm not sure how I feel with Ibra being part of the list...The only reason he has those multiple-team records is because he's really a piece of work, and created many problems in many clubs he played for, consequently leading him to leave them too often and too soon. It goes without saying I don't rate him much... the only thing I like about him is him being Swish, but that's a player I personally don't like at all - although I do admit he's one of the best goalscorers of the last decade. Still he pales in comparison with the other two, while he has top scoring records about him, titles wise there's no comparison and I think titles are very important when we judge how big a player is. Didier was the one player that shone in our UCL title. We played some insane defensive football and our defenders and especially Cech are as much important to the title as Didier, but he stepped up and took matters into his own hands in critical moments. That's what you expect a player like those to do and consequently win you the title. Eto'o was simply brilliant for Inter and he was outstanding for Barça being a very important player in both UCL titles.

I don't know how many times Didier (my personal favorite, although I rate Eto'o higher) won African player of the year, but Samuel won it 4 times.

I honestly believe you've never watched him for Barça and Inter... the way you keep dismissing him on his thread and Torres' since forever shows me that you either don't know a thing about him or you have some hatred for the guy (or maybe it's something else more related to Torres)... Dismissing the history of someone of his caliber as you often do doesn't seem reasonable at all. But to each their own....

What a odd thing to say, you believe I've never watched him???

Were you in my living room all those years as I watched him play for Barca and Inter???

I have seen him plenty thank you very much.

Odd to bring up something I said so long ago and I have since been more praising of some of his more recent performances.

I do dislike when people question other peoples knowledge on things just because they disagree, and I don't mean just Barbara it has happened to me many times and I have watched others get it too.

Anyway

I know who I think out of three is 1st, 2nd and 3rd, easily.

Zlatan though I feel is still in his prime and would love to see at Chelsea now.

I honestly believe you've never watched him for Barça and Inter... the way you keep dismissing him on his thread and Torres' since forever shows me that you either don't know a thing about him or you have some hatred for the guy (or maybe it's something else more related to Torres)... Dismissing the history of someone of his caliber as you often do doesn't seem reasonable at all. But to each their own...

I rate Eto'o > Drogba >>>> Ibra, although I'm not sure how I feel with Ibra being part of the list...The only reason he has those multiple-team records is because he's really a piece of work, and created many problems in many clubs he played for, consequently leading him to leave them too often and too soon. It goes without saying I don't rate him much... the only thing I like about him is him being Swish, but that's a player I personally don't like at all - although I do admit he's one of the best goalscorers of the last decade. Still he pales in comparison with the other two, while he has top scoring records about him, titles wise there's no comparison and I think titles are very important when we judge how big a player is. Didier was the one player that shone in our UCL title. We played some insane defensive football and our defenders and especially Cech are as much important to the title as Didier, but he stepped up and took matters into his own hands in critical moments. That's what you expect a player like those to do and consequently win you the title. Eto'o was simply brilliant for Inter and he was outstanding for Barça being a very important player in both UCL titles.

I don't know how many times Didier (my personal favorite, although I rate Eto'o higher) won African player of the year, but Samuel won it 4 times.

Very good post, I completely agree with you, especially about Ibrahimovic.

Eto'o during his Mallorca and Barcelona era was unreal, and during his Inter time he was amazing: with Inter he played perfectly in every single position of the attacking line and even as a right/left back; during his second year at Inter he was also literally a "one-man team": he was so beastly that Inter, only without him, failed to qualify for the Champion's League of the next two years.

It's true that Eto'o never scored such powerful goals as Drogba's, but it's also true that Drogba never left 3,4 men on the ground putting the ball in the net after flashy dribblings like Eto'o did plenty of times in his Barça and Inter days.

It's a matter of different physical and technical qualities.

As for Eto'o vs Ibra, I think that the best solution is to ask both Barcelona and FC Inter fans, who had them both in their prime: ask them who was better between them and who they would choose in their team... ;)

Furthermore, as I've already said, I clearly pick, in his prime, Drogba over Ibra everytime.

As for Eto'o vs Ibra, I think that the best solution is to ask both Barcelona and FC Inter fans, who had them both in their prime: ask them who was better between them and who they would choose in their team... ;)

Not a good argument, they'd be too biased. The former ones because he and their 'god' Guardiola didn't get along, and the latter ones because he played for their rivals afterwards.

Another thing is, both Zlatan and Didier can lead their team, Eto'o never could. He always played second fiddle wherever he played, maybe only in Anzhi not. Finally, Zlatan is even in these years the best striker of the world...

Not a good argument, they'd be too biased. The former ones because he and their 'god' Guardiola didn't get along, and the latter ones because he played for their rivals afterwards.

Another thing is, both Zlatan and Didier can lead their team, Eto'o never could. He always played second fiddle wherever he played, maybe only in Anzhi not. Finally, Zlatan is even in these years the best striker of the world...

Actually, Eto'o not only lead Inter during 2010/2011 season, he WAS the team during that season.

Most of Inter fans rate Eto'o as the second best forward they ever had in modern football after Ronaldo de Lima, and that's not bad considering that Inter had so many great offensive players in their squad.

Ibra NOW is the best player out of the three, but the fact that he still hasn't catched Eto'o's goals record and Eto'o's goals stats, despite the latter practically retired from professional football in 2011, shows how big the gap was between him and Eto'o in his prime.

Drogba also in his prime used to dominate Ibra: both him and Eto'o would have never done such woeful perfmormances as Ibra did with Barça against Inter itself during 2010 Champion's semifinals; indeed, at San Siro he got subbed by Abidal, while at Camp Nou he stopped every single Barça offensive action with his offsides, before Piqué replaced him as a striker doing much better stuff than him and also scoring.

Absolutely ridicolous from a guy supposedly worthing Eto'o + 70 mln Euros.