No.10 Role

Jase

One assist from Mata( a set piece) = 3 goals from oscar tell me something. But not withstanding i wonder how well mata would have played with ramires on the wing?. Like it or not oscar is jose's no. 10. Mata and hazard to interchange positions when the three are playing just like under RDM where we played our best football. The problem is when willian gets going he will definitely be some serious competition for the wingers which is actually a good one to have.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One assist from Mata( a set piece) = 3 goals from oscar tell me something. But not withstanding i wonder how well mata would have played with ramires on the wing?. Like it or not oscar is jose's no. 10. Mata and hazard to interchange positions when the three are playing just like under RDM where we played our best football. The problem is when willian gets going he will definitely be some serious competition for the wingers which is actually a good one to have.

Mata is ready to move mountains for Chelsea, while Oscar dances samba only.

Mata is ready to move mountains for Chelsea, while Oscar dances samba only.

Yeah, oscar our best player in champions league since last season "dances only samba". Ridiculous. The way some people see mata as a no. 10 i still don't understand because i see him as a forward who scores and assists. Mata is no midfielder he is just a forward/winger like willian, piazon, messi, ronaldo. The most creative player in a team is not always the no. 10 especially if other tactical duties are required of the no. 10. Ribery, messi, ronaldo the best and most creative players in their teams are not no. 10. Why do this new generation fans think a no. 10 should be a striker by such standards schole, zidane, ballack, deco where not good no. 10's because they do not score or assist as much as ozil/Mata which is a BIG lie. A no. 10 is a midfield role for players like oscar who is a pure midfielder which mourinho knows and not for forward/wingers like mata who should be playing much upfront as a forward/winger where he belongs. Even del bosque the spain NT coach knows and plays mata as a forward/winger for spain and never as no. 10 over xavi a midfielder with less goals and assists than mata. These are experienced coaches who know what they do.

The way i see it when the team is settled in big games.

Mata-----Oscar10-----Hazard (all three rotate)

Willian---Oscar10----Hazard (oscar static 10)

Mata------oscar10----Willian (All three rotate)

In smaller games mata will be used as a more static no. 10

So Mata will justifiably get his start, on Tuesday.

My question is, what exactly has Mata shown in the last two games that he doesn´t always show ?

Did he track back as requested by Jose ? I had not seen it.

Was he more professional in his approach ? No, he was his usual, professional self.

Was he tuned more into Jose´s system ? I did not notice any difference.

Mata´s a world No 10 & it´s hard to see any better, in my view.

To me, Jose was on his power trip, then. It´s my way or the way, as they say.

Perhaps, Jose knows something the rest of us failed to see ?

Mata was the class of Chelsea, last year & no Oscar can that away, certainly not yet.

Mata is the better creator and the better attacker, Oscar is the better midfielder. Both can be useful. Against teams like Bayern or Barcelona where we will be in our own half most times, Oscar is much more useful. But against smaller teams that we dominate, Mata should be our no.10.

Mata is the better creator and the better attacker, Oscar is the better midfielder. Both can be useful. Against teams like Bayern or Barcelona where we will be in our own half most times, Oscar is much more useful. But against smaller teams that we dominate, Mata should be our no.10.

So Oscar against taller teams & against shorter teams Mata.

Since Barca are dwarfs only, then Mata is the choice. :getin:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PgIKAgY3igc&rl=yes&guid=&hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=US

Watch 22 seconds, where oscar dribbles willian with brazilian Hat. Even while playing from the wings none of our new signings have proved to be better than oscar in that position he played in most of last season. Just saying. I Would love to see how he does now in his natural position

I think we all saw that when Mata came on the field we were a complete different team (against Tottenham), in a good way. Oscar is a great player and is one of my favorite players but Mata must play as well. He is one of the best in the premier league! Both can play as wingers but not as good as when they play as nr.10 so Jose must find out which one to play as nr.10 the most. Hazard also likes to be a nr.10..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PgIKAgY3igc&rl=yes&guid=&hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=US

Watch 22 seconds, where oscar dribbles willian with brazilian Hat. Even while playing from the wings none of our new signings have proved to be better than oscar in that position he played in most of last season. Just saying. I Would love to see how he does now in his natural position

I know Oscar is your preferred No.10 and that you have provided reasons for it, which are not wrong but judging by your posts in this thread today, seems that you suddenly feel insecure that suddenly Mata did more, as a No.10, than your Oscar yesterday....

I think Mou will make Mata a better and more complete player, and it is already showing. I think Oscar should be a nr.10 in Chelsea, and Mata should play from the right wing as if you look his previous seasons he started most of the attacks (even when coming deeper to get the ball) from the right side of the pitch, even when he is centrally positioned (kind of right center if you will).