Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Willian


Jas
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

Chelsea's Willian Has Reservations About Returning From Coronavirus Shutdown

https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/04/17/willian-chelsea-coronavirus-premier-league-return-brazil

SAO PAOLO (AP) — Chelsea winger Willian is relishing the Premier League resuming, with some reservations during the coronavirus pandemic.

“If we restart playing without fans but there’s contact on the pitch and maybe we can spread the virus between us,” Willian said in a video interview. “It’s not a bad idea but they have to know very carefully what’s going to happen. Maybe a player can have the virus and we play against each other, you know?

“I play against someone and I get the virus then I go home after the game to stay with my family and pass the virus to my wife or daughters. So we have to be careful about that.”

It was teammate Callum Hudson-Odoi testing positive for the coronavirus on March 11 that contributed to the Premier League’s decision to halt a season that is suspended indefinitely. Chelsea’s last game was three days earlier against Everton.

“We shook hands and hugged each other,” Willian said. “So after that when he tested positive for the coronavirus I think everyone was worried about it. But none of us felt any symptoms.”

Still, Willian, along with the rest of the squad, had to go into self-isolation in his London apartment before eventually flying out to join his wife and children who had returned to Brazil.

Willian remains in Sao Paulo waiting to discover when training can resume in England. Extending the season far beyond its expected end-point in mid-May has additional complications as his Chelsea contract expires, like so many across soccer leagues, on June 30.

“I want to give everything for Chelsea until the end like I always did, until the end of my contract, until the end of the league,” Willian said. “I have to discuss with the club to see what we are going to do. But for me, from my side, I have no problem to play until the end of the season.”

While the Premier League has been on hold during the pandemic, players have come under pressure to accept pay cuts — particularly to protect the jobs of non-playing staff at clubs.

Premier League clubs agreed collectively that squads should have salaries reduced by 30% as revenue streams have dried up but the players’ union could not reach an agreement.

“Everyone has to help, but for me personally this shouldn’t be an obligation,” Willian said. “Like you have to do this because you have to. ... I think you have to do if you feel you have to do. From your heart. Not an obligation that players have to do this or do that.”

snip

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Willian's heat map vs Man City.

Posted Images

I really hope club is not that stupid to renew him after all he did. It is May already and his contract is out in 60 days.

Basically looks like he did not get offers he hoped for from other clubs because of COVID-19 and now is ready to take 2 years contract.

Fuck off! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I really hope club is not that stupid to renew him after all he did. It is May already and his contract is out in 60 days.

Basically looks like he did not get offers he hoped for from other clubs because of COVID-19 and now is ready to take 2 years contract.

Fuck off! 

IF (huge if) we sign no other wingers, we may cave in

not saying I want that, but would rather have him as backup than roll with only 3 wingers (and one of them may have to play at AMF at times)

Unless we sign Mertens, who can play winger as well as CF

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

:noexpression:

I swear all these pundits only watch the highlights and not the actual full matches.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jason said:

I swear all these pundits only watch the highlights and not the actual full matches.

It is frightening but at the same time I think the way he can recieve the ball under pressure, carry it and his ability to create a yard or two of space is severely underappreicated. His end product and decisiveness in the final third isnt consistent enough though, which for an attacking player of his age where we have seen glimpses of what he can do, kind of highlights everything that is wrong with him going to a Real or Barca, I really cannot see it.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

It is frightening but at the same time I think the way he can recieve the ball under pressure, carry it and his ability to create a yard or two of space is severely underappreicated. His end product and decisiveness in the final third isnt consistent enough though, which for an attacking player of his age where we have seen glimpses of what he can do, kind of highlights everything that is wrong with him going to a Real or Barca, I really cannot see it.

I think his defensive play as a winger also is why teams covet him. When his head is screwed on tight he is a weapon there.

His main frustrating features are when he slows up play with those inane leg whip-overs and stall-outs, plus his lack of final product scoring overall. When he has a great game, he is world class still, BUT those great games are FAR too rare. He also is far too moody and can be dressing room poison at times. That is often why so many hate him most of the time.

A super frustrating bloke he is. Not as much as Özil, but he is in the same postal code.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think his defensive play as a winger also is why teams covet him. When his head is screwed on tight he is a weapon there.

His main frustrating features are when he slows up play with those inane leg whip-overs and stall-outs, plus his lack of final product scoring overall. When he has a great game, he is world class still, BUT those great games are FAR too rare. He also is far too moody and can be dressing room poison at times. That is often why so many hate him most of the time.

A super frustrating bloke he is. Not as much as Özil, but he is in the same postal code.

Would agree with everything bar the dressing room poison. Bar that childish incident with Conte he has never had any incidents of it here or throughout his whole career and even when Barca came in for him he didnt kick up a fuss or miss training etc, he continued to train and play. These dressing room rumors are almost as daft as when fans were showing up to the bridge with signs saying Cesc, Costa and Hazard were rats that season Jose got sacked. If he was really a volatile character in the dressing room do you really think he would of lasted this long? I doubt theres any in that mould that has been in our squad in the last 10 seasons yet alone recently. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Would agree with everything bar the dressing room poison. Bar that childish incident with Conte he has never had any incidents of it here or throughout his whole career and even when Barca came in for him he didnt kick up a fuss or miss training etc, he continued to train and play. These dressing room rumors are almost as daft as when fans were showing up to the bridge with signs saying Cesc, Costa and Hazard were rats that season Jose got sacked. If he was really a volatile character in the dressing room do you really think he would of lasted this long? I doubt theres any in that mould that has been in our squad in the last 10 seasons yet alone recently. 

I think Luiz leaving has calmed him down, but there were a lot of reports that Willian and others were trouble makers to a degree. Surely they all were not not entirely devoid of some truth. That bullshit with Conte showed he (Willian) is capable of it at times.

Unless other players confirm it or put paid to it, post Chels careers, we will never truly know for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

'It would be fine to move to a rival club' - Chelsea's Willian opens door to Arsenal or Tottenham move

https://www.goal.com/en/news/it-would-be-fine-to-move-to-a-rival-club-chelseas-willian/bf36dx77jrbb1q22ahw8u9vl9

The Brazilian has admitted he would have no problem moving to one of the Blues' main London rivals if he leaves Stamford Bridge this summer

Chelsea midfielder Willian has opened the door to a summer move to Arsenal or Tottenham, expressing his belief that "it would be fine to move to a rival club".

Willian's seven-year stay at Stamford Bridge could draw to a close when his current contract expires at the end of June.

The Blues have offered the 31-year-old the chance to extend his stay in west London, but a disagreement over the length of contract could see him move on to pastures new.

Willian has openly admitted that he is holding out for a fresh three-year deal with Chelsea, but also refused to rule out negotiating with any potential suitors during in an interview with Fox Sports in April.

Arsenal and Spurs are both reportedly considering signing the Brazil international on a free transfer, while Liverpool and Newcastle have also been credited with an interest in his services.

Quizzed on the ongoing speculation surrounding his future by Youtube channel DesimpedidosWillian responded: “It really is a hard decision. I identified myself a lot at Chelsea, I have a lot of love for everyone at the club, and the fans.

“However, it is like I said before, if I leave Chelsea with no trouble and leaving the doors open, it would be fine to move to a rival club.”

Pressed on whether a move abroad could also be an option, Willian added: “I don’t know.

"I like London and so does my family. However, this is a question that I still don’t know the answer to, if I will stay at Chelsea, move to another team from London, or leave England.”

Willian went on to deny that ex-Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has been in contact over a possible reunion Tottenham, but did describe the Portuguese tactician as the "best coach" he has ever played under.

snip

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DDA said:

Can't wait to see the back of him.

I think there is a good chance he stays and accepts a 2 year offer

(do not shoot the messenger!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vesper said:

I think there is a good chance he stays and accepts a 2 year offer

(do not shoot the messenger!)

Eurghhhahahahahahahahahh kamihahahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

too good to be allowed to go to another London team.

 

 

Give King Willian another contract.

King Willian?

a bit much

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...