Indonesia All-Stars v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. We played against poor teams last 2 matches as well but our attack didn't look nearly as dynamic as it has today. Everyone has been heavily involved. Of this was a 4-2-3-1 then it would have been a pivot of Nat and MVG with Ramires or RW probably. And guaranteed it would not have looked this good. That lineup, I would only hope for an in form Hazard to get us this same scoreline.

Hmm. Match fitness is a big factor, and the fact that the team are getting to know each other a little bit better is again another factor. Plus the fact that the Indonesia XI don't seem to be packing their own half (they're actually giving it a go) are huge factors.

Again, I think that people are overhyping the impact this 4-3-3 is having right now. Yes, everyone looks more involved, but then again the opposition is allowing us to do so, unlike the previous two where channels and lines were blocked off a lot more.

Why does there have to be the same old 'people are overracting' bullshit every time we start to pllay like a team!

Yea we are playing a shit team but who cares, it's great to see us scoring goals. You lot would only be crying if we lost 2 of our first 3 pre-season games like United have.

So enjoy it!

To be honest, we won't stick to 4-2-3-1 exclusively in a game, that's what I think anyway. We'll fluidly change from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 to 4-5-1 depending on how the game is going. That's why Mourinho wants to play De Bruyne or Oscar in the number 10 role because they are far more versatile (vertically) than Mata.

will he?

Because he stuck with 4-2-3-1 on RM matches in such a way we could constantly see the formation in the pitch from the high cameras. My memory fails to remind me how much he changed the formation during a match while on Inter.

4-3-3 fits better our squad while it doesn't fit better Mata. But Mourinho wasted like 2 seconds before saying he wants to test Mata in the RW, so if we're going to play him out of position, then it better be in a 4-3-3 rather than a 4-2-3-1 that will do nothing to him if he's playing in the RW

I love Mou :P

i hate the idea of watching mata on the wings. it probably takes out the most potent weapon we have and also defensively mata barlely provides cover so the rb will have his work cut out.

anyways blind faith in mou is the best option for me. believe in him because he ll know what to do.

Hmm. Match fitness is a big factor, and the fact that the team are getting to know each other a little bit better is again another factor. Plus the fact that the Indonesia XI don't seem to be packing their own half (they're actually giving it a go) are huge factors.

Again, I think that people are overhyping the impact this 4-3-3 is having right now. Yes, everyone looks more involved, but then again the opposition is allowing us to do so, unlike the previous two where channels and lines were blocked off a lot more.

Malaysia team def let us play as well. They were just as attacking as this team. I also don't agree that they are getting to know each other better, if anything a change of formation would make it harder. If we weren't playing good I bet the change of formation would have been a valid enough excuse.